Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" for £79

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Spotted it on HUKD last week and ordered one just waiting for it to arrive.

One quick point would be that you have to use Parcel Motel for delivery as Asda don't post to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

What was wrong with the thread from a few days ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Ive never ordered from Asda before, how do you get around the required phone number at checkout. Nothing I'm entering will work.

Dancor wrote: »
    Ive never ordered from Asda before, how do you get around the required phone number at checkout. Nothing I'm entering will work.
    I did a Google for UK phone number and put in some random number I found as its not likely to be needed.

Parcel motels UK number is 028 90 825371

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FishHook

Just ordered one now. I used the Parcel Motel number for up north.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

What's the general feeling on this tablet guys for causal use ? I've read very mixed reviews

Rockin wrote: »
    What's the general feeling on this tablet guys for causal use ? I've read very mixed reviews
    Haven't received mine yet but also remember most of those reviews would be based on paying around 200 quid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gerrykin22

Ordered one last thursday from asda using parcel motel.
    Got it today great tablet for less than 100 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Rockin wrote: »

I got one from The Tesco bargain alert. It's quite heavy, good battery live and good video play back. Slow enough to open apps and respond to commands and load web pages.

I'm use to much dearer iPads and iPhones. For less than 90 euro its a good buy. I'd be disappointed if I paid more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Duplicate thread........ i have already posted week back !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

tharmor wrote: »
    Duplicate thread........ i have already posted week back !

So what.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

He's feeling gazumped!! :D Anyway lots of reviews saying this is sluggish and poor. Considering they're basically giving it away that's not a good sign. I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

VanZan wrote: »
    He's feeling gazumped!! :D Anyway lots of reviews saying this is sluggish and poor. Considering they're basically giving it away that's not a good sign. I'm out.

Where are these reviews?
    Doesnt seem sluggish to me at all
    The reviews for the Tab are desperate! I think the best one I saw described it as mediocre.
    mailburner wrote: »

Or are you just anti samsung?

You click the link in the OP and then there's another link with "Read all 43 reviews". Sorry that's too complicated for you mate. Also you rebuked me in the other thread as well where you relied on Amazon's ratings. Let me tell you that four stars out of five is pretty bad on Amazon especially for a Samsung product. I buy absolutely shedloads of stuff on Amazon and the best stuff is always just shy of five stars.

Oh and I'm typing this on a Samsung Chronos Series 7 laptop which cost me €1200 back in '12.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

The reviews for the Tab are desperate! I think the best one I saw described it as mediocre.

I only asked you what reviews you were looking at (was it a different site to amazon?
    there are 188 five star reviews
    All of these reviews are more than mediocre

You click the link in the OP and then there's another link with "Read all 43 reviews". Sorry that's too complicated for you mate. Also you rebuked me in the other thread as well where you relied on Amazon's ratings. Let me tell you that four stars out of five is pretty bad on Amazon especially for a Samsung product. I buy absolutely shedloads of stuff on Amazon and the best stuff is always just shy of five stars.

Oh and I'm typing this on a Samsung Chronos Series 7 laptop which cost me €1200 back in '12.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. :)

Calm down...
    Look at your original post before throwing your toys out of the pram
    In case you missed it here it is again..
    I think the best one I saw described it as mediocre
    Now that above isnt complicated to most but it must be to you by the sound of things

Again, I only asked a question
    I wasn't having a go in anyway whatsoever
    there was no rebuking at all
    I'd consider 4 stars quite good myself but each to their own
    Im not sure you can compare a samsung laptop with a tablet?
    Good for you that it cost £1200, it should be pretty good then

You asked me if I was anti-Samsung so I replied saying that I have a Samsung laptop and that I trusted Samsung so much that I lashed 1200 notes into them. I wasn't bragging mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I have one here and can confirm that the Samsung skin/OS/apps/whatever can slow it down at times. Seems OK using a lighter launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Am I (or did I) missing something?
    The link is showing the price as "£134"
    Not really worth that.

I tried the 8" beside the 7" and they are two totally different machines performance wise.

And why the second thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,292 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

cheaper here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Dancor wrote: »
    So what.

:) so nothing.....there is £10 gbp discount if anyone has received paypal email about it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Price has gone up :(

Advertisement