Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Embassy Cup, shotgun target shooting

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭clivej

20m position
    2 targets side x side. 4 shot on each target, go to sitting reload and 4 shots on each target, 30 seconds.
    The comment refers to that lads fat gut making getting cartridges from the belt harder.

15m position
    2 targets side x side. 4 shots on each target, go to kneeling reload and 4 shots on each target, 30 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Saw the FB pics this AM...Good to see this disipline starting to get some publicity. Have to go to a Mexican bandito over the shoulder style cartridge belt there Clive.;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Multi targets were used with the 5 and 4 scoring rings combined to equal 5 center bull. Then 3 ring, 2 ring etc. to score.
    25m was standing, 4 shots 2 on each target, reload with 4, go to the weak shoulder and 2 on each target.

Totals shown here for the winning score are,
    Left hand 11/5 + 1/3
    Right hand 11/5 + 1/3
    so only two shots dropped giving a score of 116/120

397798.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭turismo2142

Restricted cert app for my new (5+1)Benelli m2 went in a couple of weeks ago.

Can't wait.

Thanks for the vid link Clive

I saw the MTSC guys using ipsc targets for embassy. What's the correct target then?

Restricted cert app for my new (5+1)Benelli m2 went in a couple of weeks ago.

Can't wait.

Thanks for the vid link Clive

I saw the MTSC guys using ipsc targets for embassy. What's the correct target then?

The IPSC target the correct targets to use. Someone forgot to bring them to the competition. So the Multi target was used on the day. 5 & 4 were combined as the centre ring and scored a 5

• Advertisement

Irish Shooter magazine November 2016.
    Photo copyright James Connolly (Lough Bo shooting club) and the best photo of me shooting ever

400339.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭NASRPC

We are thinking of hosting Embassy Cup as part of the NASRPC competitions next year, at ranges which are suitable.

Would there be an interest in this?

NASRPC wrote: »
    We are thinking of hosting Embassy Cup as part of the NASRPC competitions next year, at ranges which are suitable.

Would there be an interest in this?

Yes I'd love to give this a go :)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Thought you'd never ask.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grant letter for my restricted Benelli is on the way (or so I was told). Finally

Fermoy will host the finals of the Munster League on Sunday the 11th next. Embassy Cup will be shot in the lower range if anyone is interested.

If you fancy making the trip Clive (or anyone else for that matter), you'll be most welcome.

• Advertisement

Grant letter for my restricted Benelli is on the way (or so I was told). Finally

Fermoy will host the finals of the Munster League on Sunday the 11th next. Embassy Cup will be shot in the lower range if anyone is interested.

If you fancy making the trip Clive (or anyone else for that matter), you'll be most welcome.

Great news for you (and all the other lads getting into this).
    Sorry to say I can't make this weekend (no passout from the wife)

I know of 3 other ppl that bought Maverick 88's 7+1 last week from the Black Friday deal that Ballistech had on offer, a steal €325. So there won't be a shortage of Embassy Cup shooters for next year.

More fodder for me to beat :D:D:D:D

The main problem I now see occurring is a shortage of competition slugs to shoot these comps. With a proper competition slug the wad is stuck to the slug so you only get one hole in the target. And the powder charge is less than the magnum slugs so you get back on target quicker.

I use Geco Coated Competition slugs that I find work well in both my pump and semi. £50 /100 in the UK. They got me a second place in the 100y and 200y comp. this year in the Phoenix at Bisley with them.

26g.

I assume they cycle inertia semis ok? They appear to be used in 3gun comps in the States where the M2 is very popular so I'm guessing they do.

26g.

I assume they cycle inertia semis ok? They appear to be used in 3gun comps in the States where the M2 is very popular so I'm guessing they do.

I'd assume as well but don't know for sure, plenty of kick off them without being too hard on the shoulder

Advertisement