Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ferguson ariva 120 combo

• 12-10-2015 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,
    I have a ferguson ariva 120 combo tv box.The HDMI connection stopped working a few days ago so I used a scart lead.The picture is ok but I had to leave the HDMI connected or there was a loud buzz over the sound. Is there some kind of fix for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭cornholiooo

Try turning down TV volume and turning up box volume

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Hi all,
    I have a ferguson ariva 120 combo tv box.The HDMI connection stopped working a few days ago so I used a scart lead.The picture is ok but I had to leave the HDMI connected or there was a loud buzz over the sound. Is there some kind of fix for this?

The buzzing noise is from the scart cable block at the back. Its not in the back of the box correctly or not in the back of the TV correctly.

Having the HDMI plugged in should have no effect.

If you want to fix your HDMI issue you can reflash new firmware to the box from a usb stick (you will then have the HDMI back working). Instructions here>

Ariva 120 - Scart only output

• Registered Users Posts: 11 vince murray

Cannot get the box to install the new software. I can see the file in media . The remote control has stopped working as well

Cannot get the box to install the new software. I can see the file in media . The remote control has stopped working as well

You do not load the firmware by going into the media menu.

The media menu is only for playing videos/recordings etc.

There is a menu to update the software. From memory its called Software Upgrade. You then pick the .abs file off the usb and check the allcode and bootloader option and press ok. When it gets to 100%, it will reboot and you will have to rescan your channels, but your HDMI output should be working again at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

This is a good replacement for the Ariva 120

http://www.adverts.ie/9062709

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 vince murray

Im dumping this box.

Im dumping this box.

Was it a bit complicated Vince ?

Advertisement