Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE scrambled On Saorsat

Options
  • 11-10-2015 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

Hi. We moved to a new house this weekend. Previous owners took down their aerial and were getting everything through sky.

I'm using a combi receiver and have had no luck with an indoor aerial for saorview. So trying soarsat now.

I've added the Ka-sat at 9 degrees West and dud a blind scan. Picked up the irish stations but they're scrambled. I thought they weren't scrambled on this satellite?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

You need a dish that can receive from 9 degrees east, a Sky dish (on 28 east) won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Thurston? wrote: »
    You need a dish that can receive from 9 degrees east, a Sky dish (on 28 east) won't work.

Well that explains it thanks. Looks like it's the pub for me this evening. No complaints here ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

Saorview should be your 1st port of call for free Irish TV. I'd only go with Saorsat if good Saorview reception isn't possible where you are.

Advertisement