Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All things bright and beautiful...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

So I guess one positive of atheism is that the precious, fragile and transient nature of life itself defines it's value in a way that the concept of an eternal after life renders it valueless. That each one of us, our lives and consciousness, is unique and transient itself lends infinite value to every one of us.

That's hit the nail bang on the head nozzferrahhtoo. Lovely words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

looksee wrote: »
    .....Tbh I don't mind whether people have belief or not, just provided it does not impinge on my life....

I totally agree with you Looksee, and speaking as a Christian, that works for me too! Though I expect some other Christians would not agree with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,878 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It's easy for a childless adult to say that religion has no impact on their lives, they're not wondering if they should baptise a child to ensure a school place even though this goes against all their principles.

It's not possible for a primary teacher to say that religion has no impact on their lives, unless they get the catholic church's stamp of approval and are willing to indoctrinate children they are unemployable in 90% of taxpayer funded schools

It's also not possible for a woman in Ireland enduring a crisis pregnancy to say that religion has no effect on her life.

As long as theists try to impose their beliefs on society as a whole, there will be opposition.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Any pregnancy can turn into a crisis. Any pregnant woman or woman who might want to be part of a cancer trial or who might want certain fertility options is affected by religious laws in Ireland.

Advertisement