Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non reference cards

• 08-05-2011 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭

Im not talking about the ones that are binned for performance though (like the DirectCII Asus Cards or the TwinFrozrIII MSI ones) but normal cards that have been redesigned for whatever reason, normally they are worse (I'm looking at YOU (!) XFX )

So when I got my card, and it was non-ref I kind of put overclocking out of my mind but when I seen this new TriXX software I said I'd give it a go. I was expecting maybe 800 core, oh how wrong I was.

Check the attachment for a screenshot. With 900 Core, 1125 memory @ 1.088v. Absolutely chuffed with that, I'd say 925/930 core is possible (havent fully tested at those clocks on the core) and 1250 memory (is fine, I just don't want to burn up the memory since its running w/out heatsinks)

I'll keep everyone in the loop, testing at 910 core at the moment :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

What sort of temps are you seeing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

gerryk wrote: »
    What sort of temps are you seeing?

Depending on the game, anywhere from 60-70 on the core, 68 is the highest on the memory I've seen

Advertisement