Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Changing address on Social Welfare

• 04-06-2010 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

I have recently moved again!!! I was living with my Mum and she moved to Meath so I had to change the address of my claim which still hasn't come through after waiting 7 months. A month ago I started getting payments from the CWO but still no sign of JSA coming through.
    I moved back to Louth to live with my Dad. Do I go straight to the CWO in the area or should I go to the Social Welfare Office?
    I am over 25.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

Well, it's obvious if you think about it. You are waiting for a claim to be authorised by Social Welfare ....... so logic would tell you to contact your local office and tell them you have moved. How would they be able to contact you if you have moved:D:confused:

So, yes, go to your local SW office, tell them you have a claim pending, and that you wish to change address. THEN go to the local CWO who may be able to give you funding while waiting for your claim to be processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

The only thing is that my dad doesn't have a lease in the apartment he lives in. He just pays cash everymonth. So what would I do for a lease agreement!?

Advertisement