Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crystal Meth and Ireland

• 19-10-2012 4:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I used to live in Vancouver, Canada back in 2007/2008. I saw there that they have a big problem with Crystal Meth and a lot of cities in North America experience similar trouble. It's a very powerful drug that creates a super high but absolute destroys your system and people end up in bits through abusing it.

I always wondered why Crystal Meth never seemed to take off the way it did in Europe the way it did in America. Europe seems to be more into Heroin. America more into Meth.

Do you guys think it might change in the future, that Meth might become big here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Did she not die yesterday?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

yes i think one day scopolamine and crystal meth will turn ireland into a hell on earth. it is just aorund the corner id say...

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

season 6 of breaking bad walt moves to leitrim and starts knocking out some grade A blue, you'll just have to wait op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

We've been hearing about an imminent wave of meth for at least 15 years, I'll believe it when it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Augmerson wrote: »
    I always wondered why Crystal Meth never seemed to take off the way it did in Europe the way it did in America. Europe seems to be more into Heroin. America more into Meth.
    Didn't people turn to meth due to not having access to the the popular drugs?

• Advertisement

Gee Bag wrote: »
    We've been hearing about an imminent wave of meth for at least 15 years, I'll believe it when it happens

it has to happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Stephen Ireland is taking crystal meth? :eek:

it has to happen...

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Just get Sargent Gerry Boyle on the case :cool:

Proper cop not whining about his wages.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Say what you like, Crystal Meth are the best band to come out of Cork in years.

• Advertisement

Why?

just does...people always want the next high and if there is money to be made it will be made...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

They might try making it themselves and hopefully blow themselves up in the process. If the making of meth dose not go to plan the **** seriously hits the fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Its already been spotted by drug treatment centres and cops in Dublin West. Inevitable that in a country like Ireland it will arrive. Expect a lab explosion in Dublin or Cork soon (idiots with a web recipe) - followed by the revelation of an industrial scale lab in the likes of Cavan or Mayo (somewhere isolated).

just does...people always want the next high and if there is money to be made it will be made...

Sorry, I need a bit more than your opinion to be convinced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

ScumLord wrote: »
    Didn't people turn to meth due to not having access to the the popular drugs?

Well....you say popular drugs, and it's the US....so I think of Cocaine first and Weed second. Cocaine is expensive, but Weed isn't. Weed doesn't deliver the same powerful high as Coke or Meth though. So, maybe not access but maybe a question of bang for your buck...might as well get Meth and get totally 100% ****ed out of it if you don't have much money in the first place.

Sorry, I need a bit more than your opinion to be convinced.

yeah im just guessin but it seems possible anyway :) hope not though!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Meth came here with people from the former soviet bloc but i can't explain why it hasn't taken off. The only users i know in Dublin are not Irish. Its a massive issue in the likes of Czech Rep. It is made with stuff which is no that hard to obtain.
    I havnt watched breaking bad, i have heard its great. But i have tried Meth and i can confirm the high is exquisite.

Meth came here with people from the former soviet bloc but i can't explain why it hasn't taken off. The only users i know in Dublin are not Irish. Its a massive issue in the likes of Czech Rep. It is made with stuff which is no that hard to obtain.
    I havnt watched breaking bad, i have heard its great. But i have tried Meth and i can confirm the high is exquisite.

I watched the first season and a half of Breaking Bad, I thought it was utter shyte. I seem to be the minority though.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Dead Man Walking

As much as I love the show, if meth did take hold here, i'd partially blame breaking bad. A few wannabies will be caught that way. It's a real 'pushers' drug with a lot of different gangs trying to get it to take a hold. Hopefully we stick to the more chilled out vibe of heroin, and hopefully heroin suits the Irish psyche better than meth. The devil you know and all that. The "best" way to stop meth taking hold is to let good quality heroin circulate. Heard of a lot of people making a trip down to Cork last week on the hunt after a few people overdosed. Pure indication of the crap that is being peddled as heroin these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Expect a lab explosion in Dublin or Cork soon (idiots with a web recipe) - followed by the revelation of an industrial scale lab in the likes of Cavan or Mayo (somewhere isolated).
    Heroin users don't want meth though, why would they go to all the effort to make meth when they can just buy heroin?

The dealers are treating the junkies like cash cows, the most economical thing to do is buy cheap heroin and milk your addicts for cash. There's little financial incentive to start distributing meth in Ireland other than it being the "it" drug at the moment. If meth is more harmful than heroin and started eating into the number of available junkies to tap for money the dealers may not want to shorten the lifespan of their cash cow.

• Advertisement

Hopefully we stick to the more chilled out vibe of heroin

You've clearly never been mugged with a syringe by a gang of junkies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

I think it is probably here already, just not in large amounts.

I know in Australia you have to produce ID when buying Sudo-fed, and even then you can only buy a box or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

As much as I love the show, if meth did take hold here, i'd partially blame breaking bad.

Cop on will ya. This isn't eight years olds jumping off a slide to copy Jackass, nobody is going to enter a life of drug addiction/selling drugs because they want to be cool like on a TV show. You must be shocked that we didn't have a massive surge in the amount of serial killers after the success of "Dexter".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

It's that Krokodil you wanna watch out for. Mad scary stuff. Limbs falling off and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

As much as I love the show, if meth did take hold here, i'd partially blame breaking bad. A few wannabies will be caught that way. It's a real 'pushers' drug with a lot of different gangs trying to get it to take a hold. Hopefully we stick to the more chilled out vibe of heroin, and hopefully heroin suits the Irish psyche better than meth. The devil you know and all that. The "best" way to stop meth taking hold is to let good quality heroin circulate. Heard of a lot of people making a trip down to Cork last week on the hunt after a few people overdosed. Pure indication of the crap that is being peddled as heroin these days.

We just have to hope that people come to there senses and realize it is a a TV program. They will start having to put, please don't try this at home at the start of it. Sadly you'll get an gob****e that will try it, either gas himself making it, blow the place up or make a deadly batch of the stuff and kill someone. It's one drug that should be left to the professionals to make, they know how to handle the chemicals and the process for making the drug and how to handle the making of it without flattening the house.

I think it is mainly the reason it has not arrived yet is because the people that know how to make it won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    I think it is probably here already, just not in large amounts.

I know in Australia you have to produce ID when buying Sudo-fed, and even then you can only buy a box or two.
    yep same in Czech, if you buy otc meds containing psuedoephedrine (sp?) you have to give i.d. and your name goes in.a database.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

hardCopy wrote: »
    It's that Krokodil you wanna watch out for. Mad scary stuff. Limbs falling off and everything.
    I cant eat chicken drumsticks since watching that Krokodil video.

hardCopy wrote: »

that is coming also. they are all coming, like scopolamine too. ireland will be a drugs hell soon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

ScumLord wrote: »
    Heroin users don't want meth though, why would they go to all the effort to make meth when they can just buy heroin?

The dealers are treating the junkies like cash cows, the most economical thing to do is buy cheap heroin and milk your addicts for cash. There's little financial incentive to start distributing meth in Ireland other than it being the "it" drug at the moment. If meth is more harmful than heroin and started eating into the number of available junkies to tap for money the dealers may not want to shorten the lifespan of their cash cow.

Makes sense. Heroin does kill junkies too though, I doubt dealers give a flying **** if junkies are well as long as they can use.

Maybe it's the intense process of making Meth and all the trouble that goes into it that makes it less likely to take hold here....for now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Google image crystal meth.
    Ugh, really nasty drug.

Advertisement