Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Honda bros stolen 5pm today park west business park

Options
  • 08-03-2013 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

:( My motorbike was stolen today. From in front of where I work. Park West Business Park, Dublin. About 5pm. Two guys came in red van. Some people in building spotted them, saw them breaking ignition with hammer and making off. Got got reg of van.

Please keep an eye out for bike and pass warning on to people. Lots of people coming and going at that time. They did it very quickly.

Bike is Honda Bros 400. reg 91 WX 3808. Was not locked :(.

Distinguishing features:

Left foot peg is broken! First time on bike this week for a while for me (after damaging my thumb in a tiling incident) and I dropped bike! Slipped off side stand at garage :-E. Anyway, left foot of whoever is riding it will be getting a bit tired.

Also very little petrol in it. No petrol gague and key needed to open tank so lets hope they run out of petrol. :-P

Bike also had givi box on back (and stand for box - and yellow/black helmet in box) and muffs on handlebars when stolen. See pic.

Gardai think bike might be used in a robbery. :-7 If anyone might know a guy who knows some other guys that might know something I'd appreciate any news.

James.

IMAG2229.jpg

dsc00031.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Jaysus sorry to hear that, Honda 400 used in a robbery doubt it but still terrible thing to happen to you. Bet the van was robbed aswell, fookin scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭designbydan

Prob no need to say it but keep refreshing done deal and adverts just incase you see it on there.

Sorry Man, Love those bikes hope it turns up soon for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I forgot how much I liked the look of that Bike. It just goes to show that scumbags will be scumbags. I left a Bros unlocked every day for a year on Jervis St and it was never touched. I'll keep an eye out on my travels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I'm sorry to hear about your bike. It's the 2nd one I've heard about taken from Park West in the last few weeks.

A friends 1988 Honda Dominator was taken from outside his work there 3 weeks ago. They also took it in a van but I don't think they got the plates. It was spotted a week later somewhere but I don't think he's heard anything about it since.

Anyone else working out that direction should be aware these scumbags are around.

I hope it's found!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 W31rd0

The registration of van was: 99-KE-9877, Red citreon berlingo van.

I'm sure the reg could be fake or copied from similar van but good info to have.

http://www.google.ie/search?q=red+berlingo+van&tbm=isch
    google images of citroen berlingo vans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

really sorry to hear that man,hope ya get it back, have a bros me self..would hate the though of sum ****er stealing it.....ya should try putting the van reg um into one of those car check sites,least that way ya will know if its the van reg..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

https://www.motorcheck.ie/free-car-check/99ke9877/

It's a Berlingo alright. Ill keep an eye out for it. I live near by.

A Garda recognised the van by description so I guess the owner has come to their attention before.
    Gardai in Finglas visited owner of van and they claim they sold it(just 2 weeks ago, dodgy), but new owner is indeterminate.
    They might be able to bring them to court for not registering sale of vehicle.

One garda thinks will definately never see my bike again.
    Honda bros especially.

I'm back on the road on motorbike today.
    Honda Hornet 600 from Tallaght Superbikes and Autos in Cookstown. http://tsba.ie/
    Much lighter than the bros!
    Now need to get another lock and replace helmet and .. probably a few more things ..
    Don't want a forced trade up again for a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

^^ Finglas mentioned in a stolen bike thread, who'da tunk it eh!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 earljr

Hi James, did you find your bike as I've seen it in the Sandyford area.
    John

• Advertisement

No bike is not recovered yet.
    I'm stunned. Slightly. I'll contact you/gardai.
    Thanks!
    James.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 earljr

James, I've just sent you a PM. John

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Any update lads?

No joy I'm afraid. There is a Honda Bros in Sandyford with a reg no very close 98 WX 38xx, where the xx part didn't match. Thanks very much to earljr for keeping a look out. In fairness it is in a place apartments/car-park where there have been stolen cars left before. So well worth-while checking out suspicious vehicles. My Bros possibly won't ever turn up. But maybe bits of it will. I'd recognise the dings on the petrol tank anywhere! James.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Why would you steal a 20+ year old Bros? Seems like a waste of time to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Why would you steal a 20+ year old Bros? Seems like a waste of time to me.
    Parts are sought after, Honda's bikes from the 80's have fantastic build quality and as a result parts aren't easy to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Parts are sought after, Honda's bikes from the 80's have fantastic build quality and as a result parts aren't easy to get.

Sadly true, any decent Bros thats stolen will likely get parted out within hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hwap

sadly if you dont lock it you loose it. them scumbags spend all day driving around looking for bikes to steal, if they see a locked bike they move on looking for an unlocked one, so use security lads and lasses

Advertisement