Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Window motor / regulator for civic

Options
  • 11-05-2014 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Evening folks,

I just obtained a 96 Honda Civic saloon 1.4L from a family friend. The car seems to run fine and all with 100,000 on the engine but there's one issue that's driving me mad.

The driver side window doesn't go down. When you press the button to roll the window up/ down you can hear the motor going but nothing happens. I've had the door apart and found out what the problem was. The cable used to connect the motor to the regulator has snapped.

Couple of questions here if I may.

Does the entire motor / regulator need to be replaced?
    If so, does anybody know where I can get one for a reasonable price?

if not, what do I need and where do I get it?

I'm really only using this car to get some driving experience so I'm not going to be investing much in it as its had quite a few knocks.*

While I'm here, I've noticed the floor of the boot is also missing. I've just cut out a piece of ply wood and slotted it in for now but its a bit of a mess so if that's something cheap to fix I'd consider it also.

*I haven't dented the body work yet. The previous owner was an elderly lady with poor vision and couldn't drive anymore which is why I have it now. I'm sure I'll bump it off something in time though :].

Advertisement