Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"What Stuttering Treatments are Effective"

• 18-06-2013 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

WSTAE-cover-300.jpg

I'd like to recommend an eBook I've just read..good because it's only 63 pages, easy to read and available FREE! "What Stuttering Treatments are Effective", by T.D. Kehoe "An evidence-based review of more than 200 scientific studies.

It's amazing just how much techniques / methods etc that SLTs/SLPs have done trial and error with and may still practice. Sure would be helpful for anyone thinking about embarking on speech therapy to get an appreciation of what 'evidence based practice' means..

My attention was drawn to the following statement:

The reviewers found that the quality of stuttering treatment research was generally poor, with the average of 162 studies scoring 2.51 out of 5 trial quality criteria. The most common missed trial quality criterion was speech samples taken outside of the speech clinics"

The book can be downloaded FREE from the Case Futura website:

http://casafuturatech.com/index.php/. .... another nice place

:)

Advertisement