Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Max Payne 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

GTtrailers one is up, not looking that great to be honest.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-max-payne-3/730059

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

Scores = Opinions. Considering it's getting 9's everywhere else ene score with a 7.6 can't declare it as not being great unanimously. I'm happy to presume it's great / and Rockstar have pedigree.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

yea its has a current metacritic score of 88 so im happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I'll fire off a request tonight.

It's gonna be a long week...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

come friday...

fyeah.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The only review i'd really care about is gametrailers and they gave it 7.6, at least the multiplayer sounds good :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Did they seriously complain that the game was too long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Hate the way gametrailers make the game sound rubbish then give it a decent score :mad: I'd be buying regardless of scores, unless they were really low, like 2's and 3's :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

5uspect wrote: »
    Did they seriously complain that the game was too long?

I think they said the story was drawn out. Which would just suggest there is not enough story.

Here is a vid of someone playing online. Auto aim looks like it will wreck all the fun in this, def gonna go with free aim mode. I like the kill cam showing where you got hit and when you kill someone, you screamin something at them ala tony montana.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

cloud493 wrote: »
    Hate the way gametrailers make the game sound rubbish then give it a decent score :mad: I'd be buying regardless of scores, unless they were really low, like 2's and 3's :pac:

Most places don't use their scale correctly, most consider 7.5 to be a bad game even though it's technically still Pretty Good on most scales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Most places don't use their scale correctly, most consider 7.5 to be a bad game even though it's technically still Pretty Good on most scales.

The review talks about mostly negatives but then gives a score of 7.5
    When it's a major publisher the scale tends to really start at 6.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

tuxy wrote: »
    The review talks about mostly negatives but then gives a score of 7.5
    When it's a major publisher the scale tends to really start at 6.

It's not just major publishers, very rarely will any game get below five even if the reviewer criticises every aspect of the game.

Just watched the GT review there. Think the reviewer wanted something different to me, emphasising the MP as the highlight, which may have brought the score up. IGN emphasise the single player as being better, and MP as being forgettable. I'm getting it regardless, but I'm more inclined to believe IGN because Krupa seems sound on the UK Podcast, and I generally agree with what he has to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 th3 lunatik

ign gave it a 9.0 amazing , sounds good to me :D

Another multiplayer vid, this time with a lot more shoot dodging bullet time. Some really funny bits like when you are just standing there and a guy falls out of the sky shooting at you from diving out a window. Looks like it's gonna be a good laugh.

We are only 3 members short for our 1st accomplishment.

was up till 5am last night watching the mlg exhibition, dam the multiplayer is better than i was expecting, looked like tons of fun, sorta what i wish rdr was gonna be like

psugrue wrote: »
    was up till 5am last night watching the mlg exhibition, dam the multiplayer is better than i was expecting, looked like tons of fun, sorta what i wish rdr was gonna be like

Any idea where I can watch this now? Mad to see it but can only find dead streams of where it was being shown live.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Any idea where I can watch this now? Mad to see it but can only find dead streams of where it was being shown live.

i think the mlg channel is just replaying it to everyone now, watch at http://www.twitch.tv/mlg_live

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bullrush

Looks quality. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

only found out yesterday that the PC release isn't until the 1st of June.

this makes me a sad panda as all the guys in work are going to be playing it on consoles...

Saw the Season Pass on the PSN for 30 quid. Is anyone getting this? If you buy before Thursday, you get a free theme, not worth a rush purchase imo. Online would want to be crazy good to warrant that purchase. I think it saves you 20 euro if you were to buy all dlc individually.

I'll wait to actually play the game before even thinking about this.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Saw the Season Pass on the PSN for 30 quid. Is anyone getting this? If you buy before Thursday, you get a free theme, not worth a rush purchase imo. Online would want to be crazy good to warrant that purchase. I think it saves you 20 euro if you were to buy all dlc individually.

I'll wait to actually play the game before even thinking about this.

yea just wait and play the multiplayer first, from what ive seen it looks amazing but hey you can never be too sure, but if it is as good as it looks i might warrant a purchase of it

A song from the game's soundtrack, definitely a different vibe to previous MP games...

http://soundcloud.com/rockstargames/tears-by-health

multiplayer looks like a lot of fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI3RbEbL4OU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

That Eurogamer review has done a good job of sowing the seed of doubt in my head.

If there is nothing new and inovative i can see myself getting bored quickly.

Think i might cancel the pre order and rent it from Xtravision for a week and see how i get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

weiland79 wrote: »
    That Eurogamer review has done a good job of sowing the seed of doubt in my head.

If there is nothing new and inovative i can see myself getting bored quickly.

Think i might cancel the pre order and rent it from Xtravision for a week and see how i get on.

The max payne 3 forum on neogaf (which is considered to be the premier gaming forum) is nearly 70 pages deep. Most of the posts are from people who are actually playng the game in america. The feedback is very positive over there. I wouldnt worry too much about the eurogamer review. Apart from eurogamer and gametrailers everybody else has given the game a huge thumbs up. Apart from the too far spreadout savepoints and guns being swapped after cutscenes the game is perfect to most people on Neogaf. I think they will probably patch the gun swapping problem. I wouldnt bee too worried about it anyways.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=473124&page=71

but you are right in one thing. I dont think there is anything innovative in this game. Shouldnt stop me from enjoying the game though.
    Hope it helps.

We need 2 more members for a 25 man gang, didn't think we'd get that much! Anyone here on PS3, give me an add - sheehy83

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

Really looking forward to playing this. I saw the clues feature and looks really cool, kind of like a dumb la noire clue system but just gives you more info about the story.

mate got his copy today, played a sneaky 45 mins of multipayer at lunch :D honestly best game ive played online in a long time !! the level design is done really well , the gameplay is fast and adictive cant wait for friday !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

IGN puts the single player at 10 to 12 hours with plenty of cut scenes. No 2 ways of doing things either, straight up blast your way through everything. It looks good for what it is but I'm not picking it up. It looks underwhelming.

Advertisement