Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What do you think of veet

Options
  • 28-08-2008 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Ok, so i'm heading off on holidays and under serious time pressure so don't think I'll be able to fit in a trip to get my waxing done so I was thinking of using veet. Had a quick look on their web-site and their leg product claims to last longer than waxing. Is this true? I get a good while out of my leg wax anyway as I have quite light hair on my legs.

The only thing is that I remember using hair removal creams years and years ago and thinking they were revolting and that the regrowth was horrible. Is this still the case or have they improved in recent years.

Also, probably worth mentioning that I am thinking of doing my bikini line aswell. (And I need it to last 3 weeks) or else do a top up in between.

Decisions, decisions, decision!!

So what do you ladies think??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Moved from LL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Its quick, pain free and easy to use but the effect isn't as good as wax. Your skin and re growth is generally softer i find but i'd need to do my legs once a week but my hair is dark. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭hoppo254

Doesnt taste great

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I really don't like it at all. it literally just gets rid of the hair thats growing above the skin. You'd be better shaving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

I think its rubbish! It smells horrible and I dont think it does a great job at all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I use it occassionally, it's ok, but I find it doesn't last much longer than shaving. I have stubble after a day (as opposed to after a few hours after shaving :(). I don't know how they can claim it's better than waxing, my regrowth maybe faster than most but I ddin't think I was that bad.

It stinks too btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

Ok, so its sounds like things haven't changed that much really.

I still think I'm gonna have to use it, but I just want to make sure really that it doesn't make the hair regrow thicker and also in particular if anyone uses on their bikini line.

Maybe I'll try to squeez in a bikini wax after all!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

I think its great, doent last as long as waxing but sure beats shaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

It smells revolting and gives me a helluva rash as I have sensitive skin.

JackieO wrote: »
    Ok, so its sounds like things haven't changed that much really.

I still think I'm gonna have to use it, but I just want to make sure really that it doesn't make the hair regrow thicker and also in particular if anyone uses on their bikini line.

Maybe I'll try to squeez in a bikini wax after all!!!

I use it on my bikini line, it does a grand job, it just doesn't last that long. I use the Veet bikini & underarm, and as I said it works fine on the bikini line, it for some reason doesn't remove the hair properly from under my arms and it's really hard to shave afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Ash-209

it stinks, doesnt last much longer than shaving and if you have sensitive skin can burn :eek: before it has even had time to get rid of all the hairs! epilating all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

I agree that it doesn't work that well because it just gets the hair at the surface. However, if you're sick of shaving and want to switch it up it's fine. I use it once a year or so, that's as often as I get sooooo sick of shaving. The smell is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's not worth the effort, I find. It takes longer than shaving and smells awful. When you're used to shaving you can do your legs in 2 minutes flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

I dont like the stuff at all. It doesnt do what it says on the tin!

I use Nair which is like Veet but way better. It doesnt last longer than waxing tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

I use Veet all the time (not into shaving or waxing) and I find it good for removing the hair, but it is very quick to grow back! I was on hols and I needed to do under my arms every 4 days...

I dont like the stuff at all. It doesnt do what it says on the tin!

I use Nair which is like Veet but way better. It doesnt last longer than waxing tho!

Just after reading that post I remembered it's Nair not Veet that I use, the kind of roll on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Was in Boots earlier and they have 1/3 off all Nair products which is really good.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I don't recommend it! I used it once while on holidays on my underarms and i got an angry rash! I was red raw for days....:mad: Apart from that though it has never worked for me - it grows back straight after you've washed it off!! Waxing is the way to go!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I find it sometimes leaves really fine stubble as it only takes off the hair, not the root and fast regrowth. I find it no better than shaving. Wax or epilating all the way. (pain, pain...) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I wouldn't use it on my underarms as i have sensitive skin too and it does burn. I have no problems with my legs or bikini line when using the sensitive one. Theres one you can get to use in the shower which i've tried a few times seems almost as good and a lot less time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

I bought some of the newer veet products and they lasted for 2-3 days with me. Also, didnt get all the hairs off even though I had left enough growth. They're sitting in the bathroom now, not using them.

Advertisement