Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chevapi?!

• 13-04-2014 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

I am wondering if there are any places where one can find Chevapi (a dish from the Balkans) ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Fooker wrote: »
    I am wondering if there are any places where one can find Chevapi (a dish from the Balkans) ?

Just saw this on the front page. Try some of the polish shops around the place. They stock balkan foods.

If not you can make your own. Buy some mince meat, add in paprika powder, and, vegeta (you buy this in polish shops (choppand shred up some garlic if you wnat) mix and roll into shape and hey presto.

Meat can be pork and beef mix. lamb and beef. lamb and pork mix. But whatever mix you ask your butcher to do, make sure to leave in the fat trimmings as this is what keeps it together when cooking.

44884231.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Oh my god, I'm drooling now ... I lived in Germany for a while and loved all the Balkan Grill type restaurants they have there. I remember one that did what they called a Genghis Kahn Platter (huuuuge!) that arrived at the table with a sword across it with some of the meat skewered on it and flambeed :) Nyom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jene

There is a Bosnian restaurant on the ground floor of the Moore st mall that sells chevapi.

Another recommendation for the Balkan Grill in the Moore street mall.
    They might be able to sell you the uncooked cevapi and lepinja for home, if that is what your after. It is very reasonably priced too.
    There is a turkish food store next door to the Vicar street venue. They stock frozen cevapi.

Advertisement