Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

File Didn't Save In Pages

• 15-04-2014 11:39am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Weird one. A friend was working in Pages (on OSX Mavericks) and he saved a file on Sunday night. He was working on it again and when finished saved the file last night.

When opening the file today, the content added yesterday is missing, yet the file shows a last modified date of last night. The file itself is saved in iCloud.

While Im a Mac user myself, I dont use Pages so Im not too familar with it. I tried to search for back up files etc to no avail. I also checked time machine but it only has the previous day's version.

Is there any hope of recovery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Perhaps the first version was saved locally while the second one was saved to iCloud? Or vice versa? Need to check both locations to be sure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

With the document open in Pages, go File > Revert to > Browse All Versions. This will give you access to all the auto-saves made of the document.

Advertisement