Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ED when drinking

• 12-04-2014 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Gonna go unreg for this as obviously it's quite an embarrassing issue for me. Anyway, for as long as I can remember, I have had trouble getting an erection while I am drunk. I had forgotten it was an issue for a while (largely due to no sexual contact with women for around a year), but the other night a girl attempted to give me oral sex whilst I had a good bit of drunk on me and nothing at all happened down there. The reason I feel bad about it is because I've discussed it with friends (I'm pretty open - despite the embarrassment), and they always say they would have no problems down there when drinking. I probably don't help myself in that I tend to think about previous experiences too much any time I attempt something sexual with a few drinks on me. This creates a vicious circle though because then I don't perform and feel bad about it and will think about that next time. I guess i'm just wondering Is this a common issue or something I should get checked out? It makes me feel completely unmanly not being able to perform when a girl wants me to. I also get the impression that it makes the girls feel extremely unattractive. Cheers for any advice.

Comments

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Not to point out the obvious or anything, but have you considered not getting drunk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

You might be very open with your friends, but it appears your friends aren't very open with you! Temporary erectile dysfunction happens to most men when they're drunk. The solution is simple - either stop trying to have sex when you're drunk, or stop getting drunk before you have sex.

If erectile dysfunction is something that's happening when you're sober, then it might be worth your while having a chat with your GP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

There is a huge difference between everything working well after a few glasses of wine, and sloppy drunk.

"Brewers droop" is a real thing, but as long as it doesn't pass over to your sober life, there isn't too much to worry about.

Either don't drink a lot when you are going to be having sex, or don't have sex when you know you're going to be drinking a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Sleepless and Manic

and they always say they would have no problems down there when drinking.

LOL!! Oh really? And how drunk were they when they said such crap? Because its f'ing Lies.

Dont worry about it. Thats what booze does to most men. They're just bragging to make you feel bad.

:D

Either don't drink a lot when you are going to be having sex, or don't have sex when you know you're going to be drinking a lot

One of life's major dilemma's!

Who ever said being a man is easy.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It makes me feel completely unmanly not being able to perform when a girl wants me to.

Ah young man, you've got some lessons to learn.

There's ED as a medical condition if it lasts a long time, weeks or months.

And then there's the brief short periods where there's no erection but its not "dysfunction" its just due to booze, or meds, or nerves, or pressure, or diet or any of a thousand little things that can distract from the matter at hand.

And girls if they've any maturity at all, wont think you unmanly because of it. Communication is always key (and you're on the right track by asking us on boards.)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Time Now Please

You answered your own question in your first post, you worry about past experiences when that girl was giving you a blow job, worry or stress will ruin the moment and make you lose your hard-on, chill-lax the next time, forget about past experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

That's not ED -that's your body's safety mechanism. Listen to what it's telling you!

• Someone I know referred to it as "whiskey dick". Don't worry, it's more common than you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

All the time without fail for me, its a bastard, thankfully i can give to my girlfriend when i wake up nxt day tho with the morning glory :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Gonna go unreg for this as obviously it's quite an embarrassing issue for me. Anyway, for as long as I can remember, I have had trouble getting an erection while I am drunk. I had forgotten it was an issue for a while (largely due to no sexual contact with women for around a year), but the other night a girl attempted to give me oral sex whilst I had a good bit of drunk on me and nothing at all happened down there. The reason I feel bad about it is because I've discussed it with friends (I'm pretty open - despite the embarrassment), and they always say they would have no problems down there when drinking. I probably don't help myself in that I tend to think about previous experiences too much any time I attempt something sexual with a few drinks on me. This creates a vicious circle though because then I don't perform and feel bad about it and will think about that next time. I guess i'm just wondering Is this a common issue or something I should get checked out? It makes me feel completely unmanly not being able to perform when a girl wants me to. I also get the impression that it makes the girls feel extremely unattractive. Cheers for any advice.

Thats completely normal... well at least I hope it is. I know it happens to me when to get messy drunk and Im only 20!, but if its after just a few drinks then I think it might be a problem?

Happened to me just last week, brought her home but I realised when I got upstairs that it wasnt physically possible for me to make it happen so I just went asleep. As long as its not a problem at other times then I wouldnt worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

desbrook wrote: »
    That's not ED -that's your body's safety mechanism. Listen to what it's telling you!

What do you mean by this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

petes wrote: »
    What do you mean by this?

I think he means that when your drunk your going to sleep with someone you dont know, catch an std, get pregnant etc... That if you get drunk and it doesnt work then that wont happen.

Advertisement