Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rte Player Wont Work In Safari

Options
  • 04-04-2014 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

Rte Player won't Play in safari i assume its some sort of flash issue has reinstalled flash, reset Safari Cleared Cache and history and am now at a loss ?

any ideas?

its a bit of a pain i use Safari the whole time but need to go Chrome to watch rte player

all other video streaming sites sky go tv3 youtube etc working fine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Do you get any error message ?

Depending on which version of Safari you have there is a per-site setting for plugins.

Go to Safari > Preferences > Security > "Internet Plugins" and click the "Manage Website Settings".
    Check that rte.ie is allowed to play flash. Strange thing is that RTE made a big deal about going to HTML5 for the website GUI - but seems to still need flash for the video.

Can you post a screen grab of what happens ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

ZENER wrote: »

Depending on which version of Safari you have there is a per-site setting for plugins.

Go to Safari > Preferences > Security > "Internet Plugins" and click the "Manage Website Settings".
    Check that rte.ie is allowed to play flash. Strange thing is that RTE made a big deal about going to HTML5 for the website GUI - but seems to still need flash for the video.

Ken

Working fine for us. Safari on Mavericks.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

2m2w9iv.png

just black blank no error
    ZENER wrote: »

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

In System Preferences see if there's a Flash Icon there. On the Storage tab try "Delete All...".

Can you play videos on YouTube in Safari by the way ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Have you adblocker installed, Ive sometimes had to disable it on that site to get Player working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 WhichCar

A similar thing happened to me. I installed the latest Flash player, yet every time I tried to watch a video in youtube or whatever, I got an error saying I needed to install the latest Flash player... Anyway, here's how I fixed it:

In Safari, choose 'Preferences' from the Safari Menu. Under 'Security' make sure 'Allow Java' and 'Allow all other plug-ins' are ticked.

It worked for me.

Good luck

Advertisement