Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a Girls Opinion On This.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I think its way to much,it looks like something that youd give as to a gf as a birthday/christmas/anniversary gift.It is gorgous though,you have very good taste.Just wait till you have a gf and buy it for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MJ3

I love the idea of a charm bracelete, so a cheaper, but not cheap looking alternative is to get her one by Thomas Sabo - also great range of charms in that collecton, my sister has one and its only gorgeous . . . . . . Very best of luck!

http://www.sophys.de/thomassabo/index.php?language=en&cat=c2_CHARMS.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

What you need are; a corsage for the girl. (Just tell the florist her Dress colour), A bouquet for the Mammy AND A Box of GOOD chocolates for the Mammy.

Anything more is off your back, no real need.

And Don't get her a Bracelet anyway. Necklace's are much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

OP, the guy I took to my debs was a very good friend of mine.

Now I cant equate debs then to debs now, cos we went to the hotel in the back of his brothers banged up polo, and now people go in helicopters, so Ireland had moved on a great deal since!! A bracelet beack then would have been seen as ott, now, maybe not so much.

Anyway, we remained good friends, but sadly, he is no longer with us anymore, having passed away a number of years ago.

Little did i know all those years ago, that today that guy wouldn't be on this earth anymore.

My point is, you do what you want to do. If this is something that feels right for you, then go for it. Cos you never know whats around the corner; and lifes too freakin short.

And yes, you will make her night with a bracelet like that!!

Best of luck!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

PillyPen wrote: »
    Let us know how it goes, will ye?

Ya of course:)
    What you need are; a corsage for the girl. (Just tell the florist her Dress colour), A bouquet for the Mammy AND A Box of GOOD chocolates for the Mammy.

Anything more is off your back, no real need.

And Don't get her a Bracelet anyway. Necklace's are much better.

I would get her a necklace but she only wears one and one only. It has sentimental value to her so I wouldnt want to invade that.
    OP, the guy I took to my debs was a very good friend of mine.

Now I cant equate debs then to debs now, cos we went to the hotel in the back of his brothers banged up polo, and now people go in helicopters, so Ireland had moved on a great deal since!! A bracelet beack then would have been seen as ott, now, maybe not so much.

Anyway, we remained good friends, but sadly, he is no longer with us anymore, having passed away a number of years ago.

Little did i know all those years ago, that today that guy wouldn't be on this earth anymore.

My point is, you do what you want to do. If this is something that feels right for you, then go for it. Cos you never know whats around the corner; and lifes too freakin short.

And yes, you will make her night with a bracelet like that!!

Best of luck!!!
    omg Im so sorry :(

Thank you, hopefully it will :o I will update ye on how it goes definally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

Neesa wrote: »
    What colour clashes with silver? :confused:

Gold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 collywolly123

Hey Dave :) definatly get the tiffany & Co bracelet, i went to a debs with my really good friend 2 years ago....
    hes the type of friend told me everything, like his hard times or problems with girls and visa versa...we are really good friends,
    well he gave me a pink and diamond watch to match my debs dress i actually treasure it because it reminds me of that night and my friendship especialy now that hes moved to a different country :(:(
    but whatever you decide to do and get her, ultimatly its the though that counts..
    if you do decide to tell her either way you wont loose your friend as if shes a good friend she will have respect for you and your feelings and wouldnt throw it back up in your face xxx
    best of luck have a great great night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭cson

If you want to win her heart;

Butter up Mammy and all her friends. That way she'll think you're great. Don't butter her up. And I'm gonna generalise here, but fook it > 90% of the sweetest most romantic gestures and presents you give to a woman will end up being thrown in your face. The bitch.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

cson, kindly tone it down a bit in future please. You may in the past have had somebody not appreciate you as much as you thought your efforts deserved, but women in general aren't like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

At least you aren't going the other route to introducing your romantic intentions. i.e. booking the hotel room for the Debs night without telling her.

Remember a guy from school did this at a debs with hilarious results.

I'd say that the bracelet is a little OTT but then it's all relative. If it was me I would say go to the debs, see how ye get on for the night as a "couple" and if that goes well ask her out to dinner or cinema etc.

Either that or go for the end of the night Debs-Grope™.

Have a good night, Debs are huuuuuuugely overrated. Been at around 5 now and the after parties are where the fun is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭cson

Zaph wrote: »
    cson, kindly tone it down a bit in future please. You may in the past have had somebody not appreciate you as much as you thought your efforts deserved, but women in general aren't like that.

That was a tongue in cheek post. Hence I said "I'm gonna generalise here" and therafter followed it up with an outrageous statement. ;)

My sense of humour is lost on most people though in fairness. :pac:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay OTT.

Advertisement