Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My Furry Friends

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Jules wrote: »
    I also rent it depends on the type of pet you have too! But my landlord knows im a vet nurse and i told him i woul dbe having pets in from time to time and only for a few days at a time!

I didnt know that! I'm impressed :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Lovely picture Jules :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭North&South

Here's 3 of ours on a typical morning!

We've also recently acquired a 3rd Basset boy, & we have a very old black cat - who's really the boss of the whole pack!

Atypicalafternoon.jpg

And yeah, we rent too! A lovely 4 bed house on an acre.... but the landlady's cool about the pets, because she's seen that they're not left to chew the house up! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Here's 3 of ours on a typical morning!

We've also recently acquired a 3rd Basset boy, & we have a very old black cat - who's really the boss of the whole pack!

Atypicalafternoon.jpg

And yeah, we rent too! A lovely 4 bed house on an acre.... but the landlady's cool about the pets, because she's seen that they're not left to chew the house up! :D

Oh my God! Cuteness overload! That's such a great photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I had a really tough week in July, and my parents thought they'd cheer me up by buying me a puppy. It was the best decision ever. I drove to the hills of North Wexford and brought home little Zak. He's a Westie-Bichon cross and the cutest thing ever! He's now 13 weeks old

27072008001.jpg

He has taken to sleeping on his back, when he's on the couch.

Image017.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Meet my latest friend

Alfred.. or Fred for short! Him and his brother Albert were left in covered in ticks very very wild and not very well. We had to separate them to make a little mre friendly and he seems to be coming around. Rusty doesn't mind him either!

20pa9eg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Jules there must be no space for humans in your house!!!! How are things at the vets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Jules wrote: »
    Meet my latest friend

Alfred.. or Fred for short! Him and his brother Albert were left in covered in ticks very very wild and not very well. We had to separate them to make a little mre friendly and he seems to be coming around. Rusty doesn't mind him either!

20pa9eg.jpg

oh my god!!! how cute!!

Looks like my old kitten Elmo! Aww!! Now that has cheered me up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I can't have pets where I live and I'm constantly at my mum to get a kitten or two (I don't live far from the folks' place) but she's very reluctant as she and my dad have a holiday home that they like to head off to whenever the fancy takes them. What do you guys think? Would it be bad form to leave a young kitten or two alone for the day? (Obviously I'd go out to my folks' place whenever they're away and they never head away for too long - three days max - but I am obviously working all day). There was always at least one cat in my parents' place up to about two and a half years ago when our beautiful Russian blue died :( and then they bought the holiday house so no replacement. I really miss having a pet.
    I'm ok on the dog front as I regularly mind and walk my brother's gorgeous girl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Dudess wrote: »
    I can't have pets where I live and I'm constantly at my mum to get a kitten or two (I don't live far from the folks' place) but she's very reluctant as she and my dad have a holiday home that they like to head off to whenever the fancy takes them. What do you guys think? Would it be bad form to leave a young kitten or two alone for the day? (Obviously I'd go out to my folks' place whenever they're away and they never head away for too long - three days max - but I am obviously working all day). There was always at least one cat in my parents' place up to about two and a half years ago when our beautiful Russian blue died :( and then they bought the holiday house so no replacement. I really miss having a pet.
    I'm ok on the dog front as I regularly mind and walk my brother's gorgeous girl :)

Cats are happy as long as they are fed.:) Plus, they usually do their own thing for most of the day (and night). As long as the cat is fed every day, there shouldn't be much to worry about. Our stray at home, that we took in, goes missing once a month with her feral "boyfriend" for 4 days at a stretch. So we would have the opposite problem to you...she deserts us for her holiday home every month.:)

Out of interest, do Russian Blues cost much or are they a common breed? I've always liked them from pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

So, when you're hand rearing baby kittens, do they tolerate cows milk? Or are they like little people, where formula is a better idea?

Cats are happy as long as they are fed.:) Plus, they usually do their own thing for most of the day (and night). As long as the cat is fed every day, there shouldn't be much to worry about. Our stray at home, that we took in, goes missing once a month with her feral "boyfriend" for 4 days at a stretch. So we would have the opposite problem to you...she deserts us for her holiday home every month.:)
    Cheers Jeremiah. Yeah I know cats are extremely independent but kittens though... I've never had to leave them alone for long before. The last time we had really young kittens I was only out of school and my mum was working but only part-time.
    Out of interest, do Russian Blues cost much or are they a common breed? I've always liked them from pictures.
    Think they're a fairly rare breed but we had two over the years and got them both for nowt. Just lucky. They're so stunning.

tallaght01 wrote: »
    So, when you're hand rearing baby kittens, do they tolerate cows milk? Or are they like little people, where formula is a better idea?

Why are you asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Cats cannot break down lactose like humans and you have to feed like a special sma for kittens. Puppies have the same kind of stuff.

Cat or kitten you should never give them cows milk.

Can you give cow's milk to adult dogs?

Jules, what would you say to my question above about leaving young kittens alone?

Advertisement