Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[Coupon Chat Only]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

Same here - they are definitely the easiest when it comes to using coupons, plus they issue coupons to their clubcard members (and I usually get useful ones ;))
    Same here too. I got coupons in their mailing at Christmas and they were in my purse since then. I used them on Saturday to get rid. 1 said "scan for your chance to win 10,000 club card points" I did and I won :D that was a really useful one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Same here too. I got coupons in their mailing at Christmas and they were in my purse since then. I used them on Saturday to get rid. 1 said "scan for your chance to win 10,000 club card points" I did and I won :D that was a really useful one!!

Congratulations! , Tesco in Maynooth had flyers of that scan to win I used one everytime and no joy I was starting to think they didn't work its nice to hear that they do :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Quick question, do the Tesco Self-Service check-outs accept black and white printed coupons? Also is it ok to use Black and White printed coupons at the normal manned tills? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mrswalton

Kingpin, pigsback coupons can be printed in black and white, but photocopies are not allowed. Not sure how they work this one out. The SS scanners will only allow 2 coupons per transaction and you just pop them in the slot, so i don't suppose it matters whether or not they are black and white. They will scan ok.
    If the scanner acts up and someone comes to check you may have a different story. HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lilacclery

If anyone still has casa di mama Pigsback coupons they're 2 for €5 in tesco at the moment so that's two pizzas for €2 for me today.

Plus using my tesco coupons combined with Pigsback coupons hoping to pick up some woolite Persil vaporesse & mccambridge bread(which is unfortunately not on offer at the moment but have a tesco extra points coupon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

Oh delighted to have found this thread, missed all the tips off the other forum. I have saved a small fortune thanks to the people who have posted up special offers and where to get coupons, it has made such a difference to the shopping budget.

Thanks to this forum I brought my shopping down from €95.86 to €69.94, €25.92 saved!

My 'haul' as extreme couponing calls it included 2 casa di mama pizzas, 6 comfort vaporesse, 2 Persil one bio, one non-bio(has anyone used it to buy coloured one?) 2 woolite and one mccambridge bread. I used a combination of Pigsback & tesco coupons.

This is my biggest saving so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Llalla

Access wrote: »
    No they wont... it will be the same old same old again... basically a carbon copy of the couponing forum here.

It was funny last year when the couponing thread here started... if a coupon was posted on the couponing thread on boards, you could bet your house on it - that it would appear within 2 to 4 hours on the bubblegum FB page. :D

Unless i am proven wrong... :confused:

You're right. I've just checked www.bubblegum.ie/ and nothing new. All coupons are the same on boards.ie. I am really disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Hopefully they will put new ones up. They said they were working with coupons.com :/

Llalla wrote: »
    You're right. I've just checked www.bubblegum.ie/ and nothing new. All coupons are the same on boards.ie. I am really disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high.:mad:

Has the site opened??? It still says "coming soon" on the home page :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

I asked on Facebook and they said the Bakers coupon is exclusive to them but it goes to the bakers website so can't see how it is.

They said they will be working with companies to add more so we will see what happens .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Irishchick wrote: »
    They said they will be working with companies to add more so we will see what happens.

not much me thinks... as pigsback have been trying in vain to recruit manufacturers to give them coupons but after 5 or 6 years of doing it... there is still only 8 to 10 coupons up on pigsback at any one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 starlight12

Hello all, new to boards and fairly new to couponing. Started only a few days ago with the woolite coupons and the pigsback ones as well. Thanks very much for the helpful links to coupons. Looking forward to joining in the thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

bubblegum.ie is a big let down IMO. after the wait/drama/free press they got for the launch its incredibly disappointing that no special coupons were negotiated for the launch.

our forum here will continue to offer a much more couponer friendly method of accessing and printing multiples of coupons.

p.s. I did spot a link to a quicksoup coupon on a facebook page so added a new thread here ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

are we sure the information on bubble didn't come from here.
    everything we have they have they!!

donnacha wrote: »
    bubblegum.ie is a big let down IMO. after the wait/drama/free press they got for the launch its incredibly disappointing that no special coupons were negotiated for the launch.

our forum here will continue to offer a much more couponer friendly method of accessing and printing multiples of coupons.

p.s. I did spot a link to a quicksoup coupon on a facebook page so added a new thread here ;)

Nice one Donnacha, I checked out bubblegum and to be fair its nicely laid out, easy to use and fairly straightforward. Ideal for the people who just want to access coupons. Lets keep the friendly chat, swapping strategies and boasting of extreme shops here. Thanks for putting up the Knorr multiple copies too;)

I can't get onto bubblegum's website :( I have tried to click from facebook and the email I received it still says coming soon on the page :confused::confused::confused:

BluesBerry wrote: »
    I can't get onto bubblegum's website :( I have tried to click from facebook and the email I received it still says coming soon on the page :confused::confused::confused:

I think you may have to register first - the website must save something in your temporary internet folders. I did this yesterday and found I could access afterwards (even though I'd registered months ago).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭gremha

I can get in. Nice looking site. As Mrs Walton mentioned above, here is for chat, but very handy having everything in one place over there. No more searching for me, going to let them do the work :) I've spotted four including the one mentioned below that I haven't seen here. One for dog food, one for soup, one for free hair frizz stuff & one for some sort of makeup

^ This would be irony then? Giving out about it in one sentence & then posting a coupon that they had, that wasn't here.

I couldn't get on to it on safari but could on pc

• Advertisement

gremha wrote: »
    This would be irony then? Giving out about it in one sentence & then posting a coupon that they had, that wasn't here.

You think I was giving out about it :confused: The knorr quick soup is a facebook coupon :rolleyes: so nothing new from bubblegum - i don't use facebook so wasn't aware it had a new expiry date (its previously been posted and used on the old couponing thread if you have a look through the old posts)

The print issues alone with bubblegum will cost couponers a lot in wasted paper never mind the print restrictions which we don't have here.

btw there is a freebies thread in existence in bargain alerts that will give you loads of free stuff if thats what you are looking for.
    here is for chat, but very handy having everything in one place over there. No more searching for me

This thread is definitely for chat however the couponing forum as a whole is a lot handier - we have dedicated threads to coupons, info from fellow couponers on when products are on special so we can ensure we are getting the best price. You can see this in action already with the knorr coupon as coupon king posted back that its on special in tesco at the moment.
    going to let them do the work :)
    :confused:

I got a couple of Avonmore Heartactive 60c off coupons in Tesco a few days ago Im just wondering if I scan one and upload it here would there be a problem? they expire 30th november 2012

BluesBerry wrote: »
    I got a couple of Avonmore Heartactive 60c off coupons in Tesco a few days ago Im just wondering if I scan one and upload it here would there be a problem? they expire 30th november 2012

If they are the exact same coupon (i.e. same barcode and not clubcard mailing) then there should be no issue with scanning them and uploading them.

As Mrs Walton mentioned above, here is for chat, but very handy having everything in one place over there.

That's not what i said Gremha, i never said it was handy having everything in one place, i said the people who just wanted coupons can just head off over there for their coupons. I still think the talk, ideas and information and multiple copies on this thread/forum is far more valuable. My allegiance is to here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭gremha

You think I was giving out about it :confused: The knorr quick soup is a facebook coupon :rolleyes: so nothing new from bubblegum - i don't use facebook so wasn't aware it had a new expiry date (its previously been posted and used on the old couponing thread if you have a look through the old posts)

Sir, I really don't wish to argue with you, but you were giving out about it & then posted a coupon from the bubblegum.ie site, that you by your own admission were unaware of. Therefore you availed of (& if you use it, profited from), their service while at the same time criticising said service.
    The print issues alone with bubblegum will cost couponers a lot in wasted paper never mind the print restrictions which we don't have here.

With all due respects to you sir, if the cost of paper is that big a concern, perhaps couponing isn't for you. I buy a ream (500 sheets) of Tesco value paper for €3.67 every month or so. That's 0.0072 cent per sheet. I buy my ink from inkjet.ie for €16 for five cartridges delivered, they last me about three/four months a time, approx 1700 pages, a rough print cost of 0.0094 cent per printed page (total of 0.0166 cent inclusive)
    btw there is a freebies thread in existence in bargain alerts that will give you loads of free stuff if thats what you are looking for.

Much appreciated. Thank you.

This thread is definitely for chat however the couponing forum as a whole is a lot handier - we have dedicated threads to coupons, info from fellow couponers on when products are on special so we can ensure we are getting the best price. You can see this in action already with the knorr coupon as coupon king posted back that its on special in tesco at the moment.

It certainly works in it's current state, however I do like being able to go to just one site & see everything & then just select & print them rather than downloading a PDF that I don't know who the person is who posted up & wether or not their computer is clean from viruses. (quite a common way of getting infected)

If they are the exact same coupon (i.e. same barcode and not clubcard mailing) then there should be no issue with scanning them and uploading them.

There would be every issue with doing that. They're wouldn't be officially issued/sanctioned coupons & could cause trouble. I personally don't want dunnes or tescos to stop accepting coupons because someone wants to pass a load of counterfeit 60 cent off coupons.
    mrswalton wrote: »
    That's not what i said Gremha, i never said it was handy having everything in one place, i said the people who just wanted coupons can just head off over there for their coupons. I still think the talk, ideas and information and multiple copies on this thread/forum is far more valuable. My allegiance is to here.

My apologies so.

Please let this not dissolve back into a multiquote fistfight.

It puts people off joining in.

People that have been posting for a long time, and are helpful, polite and friendly to those that are new to couponing, deserve a little respect. They do not need to share their finds, coupons, tips and experiences with everyone else. These tips are helpful because they create the confidence that lots of people lack when they begin couponing.

I understood donnachas comment to be disappointment at the new site, i also think its disappointing, just a bunch of links really, looks well but nothing new. It was very nice to be able to print off 4 of the soup ones here!

Remember "our forum here will continue to offer a much more couponer friendly method to access and multiprint coupons":)

Trying to avoid multiquotes here :p

Can I just assure couponers that there is almost zero risk of getting a virus from downloading a coupon from these forums. We are a community that is well moderated. Any regular user of these forums would understand that spam/potential security risks get reported and removed quickly by the mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Enough of the multi quotes please... i have a bloody migraine trying to read them! :D

Back to coupon chat.....any good deals out there this week?

• Advertisement

In case you havn't seen it yet, check out the £5 off EBAY.co.uk thread on BA.
    only available to the first 50.000 peeps.
    Worked for me.

Advertisement