Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Coupon Chat Only]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dealdish

tesco have fair trade coffee reduced from 3.20 to 1.20 ,and tesco finest t bags reduced to 80 for 1 euro.i think tea is great copy of lyons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Not too sure if this has been mentioned yet...

Persil Small And Mighty Biological 28W 1Litre

140%5C8718114881140%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

This is normally €8.12 (which is expensive) but is on half price offer in tesco at €4.06... (valid from 15/2/2012 until 4/3/2012)

Use the €2 off pigsback coupon and get it for €2.06 per bottle... 7 cent a wash!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ewkol

hi on denny webside is coupon 1euro off deli style ham http://www.denny.ie/Natural/Competition/CompQuiz.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

Access wrote: »

This is normally €8.12 (which is expensive) but is on half price offer in tesco at €4.06... (valid from 15/2/2012 until 4/3/2012)

Use the €2 off pigsback coupon and get it for €2.06 per bottle... 7 cent a wash!

I bought 4 yesterday .... can't BELIEVE I'm buying Persil again, after the stockpiling I did last summer :D

But to be honest, I will only buy when its that cheap (plus I would feel sick paying full price, hope I never have to!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Palane

I bought 4 yesterday .... can't BELIEVE I'm buying Persil again, after the stockpiling I did last summer :D

But to be honest, I will only buy when its that cheap (plus I would feel sick paying full price, hope I never have to!)

Did you buy them all in one transaction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

Palane wrote: »
    Did you buy them all in one transaction?

Yes, I'd often buy a couple of items in one go if the savings are good enough. If I have lots of coupons, I try to choose my checkout assistant carefully. In my experience, the younger cashiers tend to put the coupons through no problem, while the more "mature" staff members can question them (like you're trying to con them or something). Again, this is just my experience ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Helium

Yes, I'd often buy a couple of items in one go if the savings are good enough. If I have lots of coupons, I try to choose my checkout assistant carefully. In my experience, the younger cashiers tend to put the coupons through no problem, while the more "mature" staff members can question them (like you're trying to con them or something). Again, this is just my experience ;)

That's funny , and i'm wondering how many of us are like that.

In the beginning we would go through same routine when it comes to checkout and usually look for operator with most pleasant attitude.

Now that we are battle hardened, it's just matter of self cofidence and not taking any crap, because we're not doing anything illegal.

Our last shop , we had 6 bottles of comfort water , 4 bottles of persil , other bits and bobs and handed in about 15 coupons.
    People behind weren't best pleased , but guess who left with the big smile on the face:D

Thanks. Cause I always only use one coupon of each type per transaction saying that I could go to the till withalot of coupons but they would always be for different products. I will see how I get on this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mrswalton

If the coupon says one per purchase and you are purchasing 9 items, then you are perfectly entitled to hand over 9 coupons. I have to say, i don't think it adds a lot of time to the transaction unless the person on the till has to ask for help.

If there is an excessive delay and you do feel bad about someone in the queue behind you, it is a nice touch to hand over a coupon as a gift to the person waiting. Even better if you've eyeballed their shopping and give them one they can use straight away. :D Might convert someone else into a couponer.

mrswalton wrote: »
    If the coupon says one per purchase and you are purchasing 9 items, then you are perfectly entitled to hand over 9 coupons. I have to say, i don't think it adds a lot of time to the transaction unless the person on the till has to ask for help.

If there is an excessive delay and you do feel bad about someone in the queue behind you, it is a nice touch to hand over a coupon as a gift to the person waiting. Even better if you've eyeballed their shopping and give them one they can use straight away. :D Might convert someone else into a couponer.

I think that's a very nice gesture! I will try it. I bought two of everything I had coupons for tonight so I handed over 14 coupons and nothing was said.

• Advertisement

I think that's a very nice gesture! I will try it. I bought two of everything I had coupons for tonight so I handed over 14 coupons and nothing was said.

:D Im planning to stockpile tomorrow when i am in doing the shopping... 20 bottles of persil are on my list! - and thats just one coupon i am using tomorrow. (washing sorted for the next 12 months!) - now if comfort would only come down in price to about two euro... i would be in like flynn! :D

Also, purplestar77 is bang on... I have found that looking for a younger till op is the only way to go... as the senior members of staff are just too into their job... and they make you feel like you are robbing the store.

On a side note... i had one of my worst couponing experiences this week, I was in supervalu getting just a couple of small things as i was passing it and i had a coupon in the car for ages (but still in date) printed in B&W.
    I said to myself i better use this up while im here but when i got to a till (with young till op) with my few bits, the lady went off to check if it was okay to use this b&W coupon with customer services.

I like to think im a somewhat hardened couponer... but no joking, six minutes later, i am still standing there with an irate looking woman next in line behind me with a trolley load of items on the belt along with 4 people behind her and my till op is still over at customer services till (which is also backed up with 7 or 8 people there) and the customer services till op is on the phone to the office i presume to verify if its an acceptable coupon or not in their eyes while every so often looking over at me to see if i am a character of ill repute! :mad::mad::mad:

They didnt accept in the end - but tesco will tomorrow! - i never have a problem with any coupons in there.

Not going to supervalu anymore. Their loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Emmeline Ugly Drop

Access wrote: »

:D Im planning to stockpile tomorrow when i am in doing the shopping... 20 bottles of persil are on my list! - and thats just one coupon i am using tomorrow. (washing sorted for the next 12 months!) - now if comfort would only come down in price to about two euro... i would be in like flynn! :D

Also, purplestar77 is bang on... I have found that looking for a younger till op is the only way to go... as the senior members of staff are just too into their job... and they make you feel like you are robbing the store.

On a side note... i had one of my worst couponing experiences this week, I was in supervalu getting just a couple of small things as i was passing it and i had a coupon in the car for ages (but still in date) printed in B&W.
    I said to myself i better use this up while im here but when i got to a till (with young till op) with my few bits, the lady went off to check if it was okay to use this b&W coupon with customer services.

I like to think im a somewhat hardened couponer... but no joking, six minutes later, i am still standing there with an irate looking woman next in line behind me with a trolley load of items on the belt along with 4 people behind her and my till op is still over at customer services till (which is also backed up with 7 or 8 people there) and the customer services till op is on the phone to the office i presume to verify if its an acceptable coupon or not in their eyes while every so often looking over at me to see if i am a character of ill repute! :mad::mad::mad:

They didnt accept in the end - but tesco will tomorrow! - i never have a problem with any coupons in there.

Not going to supervalu anymore. Their loss.

Hope you didn't buy it in t
    he end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Tesco's have the Johnsons baby 2 in 1 bath and wash for 2 for 4 euro
    If you use 2 vouchers you get them for 1 euro each

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

is it possible for someone :rolleyes: to put up the weekly Dunnes offer sheet? or possibly scan it in?

it is not readily available online like the Super Valu one and don't get newspapers

thanks in advance:D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

No coupon for this, but a really good offer

Tesco have a lot of the Dolmio sauces on half price offer of E1.04 or 99c depending on the particular one,

i have never seen them priced so well, normally 2 for E3.8 or local store have them 2 for E2.5 so E1 each is a good price

valid until the 6-3-2012,

will also place in bargain alerts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Emmeline Ugly Drop

There was a load of ironing water in clarehall today. I got 6 at 84c and used 6 of the 1€ comfort coupons.

The comfort conditioner also varied in price. I ended up getting them for €1.24 each.
    there was also a reduction on the 38 wash persil. it was 3.99 and with a 2 euro coupon cost 1.99.

Flora light was also reduced to €1.50 and with the 50C coupon cost €1.

I saved 23 euro today, mainly on washing stuff....my wife will now have many hours of enjoyment :D

kingsmill bread is still €1.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

In Tesco today and they wouldn't let me use ANY of my coupons for things that were already on offer. I just used these same coupons there for items already on offer 2 days ago and it was fine. I told her that and she said "I don't care, can't do it". I was soooo pissed.

Cashiers need better training. When the coupon says "Cannot be used with any other offfer" It means that you cannot use 2 coupons for one item. Like say if you have a manufactures coupon and a store coupon, you can only use one of them.

UGH! People make it so hard to save money. Going to another Tesco tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

In Tesco today and they wouldn't let me use ANY of my coupons for things that were already on offer. I just used these same coupons there for items already on offer 2 days ago and it was fine. I told her that and she said "I don't care, can't do it". I was soooo pissed.
    Cashiers need better training. When the coupon says "Cannot be used with any other offfer" It means that you cannot use 2 coupons for one item. Like say if you have a manufactures coupon and a store coupon, you can only use one of them.
    UGH! People make it so hard to save money. Going to another Tesco tomorrow.

Technically the cashier is correct. It's just they don't always enforce that rule. :cool:
    Were you the guy who was using photocopied pigsback coupons btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭brian_t

snubbleste wrote: »
    Technically the cashier is correct. It's just they don't always enforce that rule. :cool:
    Were you the guy who was using photocopied pigsback coupons btw?
    UGH! People make it so hard to save money.

Maybe you mean it's a small minority of irresponsible Coupon Users make it so hard to save money.

Was in to stock up on a few things we needed... mainly the persil/comfort fabric conditioner/pizza/beans amongst a few normal items on the list... and we only bought things we would normally buy... otherwise there is no point to couponing...

Bill total before multi buys and coupons €91

Bill total after multi buys and coupons €36

Happy days.

• Advertisement

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-ultimate-guide-to-penny-pinching/4od

There is a woman who uses coupons on this show (the man that eats the road kill sickens me)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

I was told in my local Tesco (Waterford) yesterday that they are not accepting any home printed vouchers any more. That puts an end to using pigsback vouchers :(

Has anyone else been told this ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

I was told in my local Tesco (Waterford) yesterday that they are not accepting any home printed vouchers any more. That puts an end to using pigsback vouchers :(

Nope. If it wasnt the manager who told you this i wouldnt pay much attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Bi Als have a new competition on their facebook page to win free groceries for a year. They are also offering the opportunity to win Big Al vouchers.

"Win free Big Al vouchers every week and even free groceries for the year! Play our Big Grocery giveaway if you have the hunger to win."
    50215_123715047659868_944934644_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

Yes. I had this problem in Tesco Mahon Point. Specifically they said they weren't accepting pigsback coupons but I have used them in other Cork tescos since.

Doesn't surprise me DeiseMum, it is only a matter of time before stores (in this case Tesco) implement this policy. It's due to mis-use of coupons by consumers.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Doesn't surprise me DeiseMum, it is only a matter of time before stores (in this case Tesco) implement this policy. It's due to mis-use of coupons by consumers.

In what way are they being mis-used?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

BluesBerry wrote: »
    In what way are they being mis-used?

Exactly, there are always rumours like this going around.

Well, the supervalu magazine had coupons in it. They were reproduced and photocopied. I don't think that was the coupon provider's intention.

Pigsback coupons are photocopied and stores are aware of this. This feeds back to pigsback/provider and is serious enough that management remind staff to look out for photocopies. I was told of this by my local Tesco a number of months ago when I was trying to use coupons.

Coupons are being accepted by cashiers on products that are on offer even though most coupons state that a coupon cannot be combined with any other promotional offer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Irishgalclare

Why would it bother Tescos or any other store about home printed coupons as long as they are getting refunded on them.

Advertisement