Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Comments

• Picked up some of the Franciscan wells rebel red, really nice. It's just a pity they're 330ml bottles and not 500ml.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Cracked open two bottles of Kinnegar Yannaroddy and it's really drinkable, the coconut essences and the gentle spiciness sitting on it make it just not too much of a session beer without making it a sipper. IMO these guys can do no wrong at all :)
    First person I've seen saying they can get the coconut!

Now, I think it's a lovely stout/porter, but I've had a few bottles, and had it on tap and never detected the coconut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

I've had it bottled and on draught, the coconut is really obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Maybe u got a dodgy bottle as I couldn't taste it all.

Also at the time a friend was here and he tasted it also. After I told him about the coconut and he said he couldn't taste it either.

Might get another one now to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

I've had a couple of bottles and could taste the coconut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Anybody tried Crew's Ipa? My first time tasting an ipa from a German Brewer. Very sweet but not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Anybody tried Crew's Ipa? My first time tasting an ipa from a German Brewer. Very sweet but not too bad.

It's quite nice but reminds me a bit too much of Lilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

First person I've seen saying they can get the coconut!

Now, I think it's a lovely stout/porter, but I've had a few bottles, and had it on tap and never detected the coconut.

I don't know if it's in need of TLC, a clean palate, a certain temperature or what but two bottles and it was there for me. Given coconuts subtle and soft flavour I can well understand a lot of people missing it easy enough; I've missed essential tastes in some beers before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

It's quite nice but reminds me a bit too much of Lilt.

Is this a negative or a positive!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Had a bamberg smokie in mulligans. Great and all but i didnt notice anything different to the bottles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm having a Kinnegar Yannaroddy. I've tried it on draught before and couldn't get the coconut. It's slightly more pronounced from the bottle. Would I be able to tell that there's coconut in it if it didn't say it on the label? I'm not so sure. Still a really nice beer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Finally cracked open my bottle of barrel-aged Leann Folainn tonight to have it with some cured meats, cheeses, crackers etc.
    Perfect for them.

To Øl Dangerously Close But No Cigar. Made with Cedar wood chips. Smells like a wood workshop or like the smell you get when you open up a flat pack furniture box. Unfortunately the woodyness carries through to the taste. Nice idea but it's a shame it doesn't work. Tough to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Bazmo, we all die inside when you get all these new fancy beers from the UK

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Sleeman honey brown, anyone tried it?

jsa112 wrote: »
    Bazmo, we all die inside when you get all these new fancy beers from the UK

A little bit of my insides died when I had that To Øl beer last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

Too what?

gufc21 wrote: »
    Too what?

To Øl

Treated myself to this....

Odell/ Thornbridge Pond Hopper Double Extra Pale Ale

Hopefully crack it open tonight.beer_175174.jpg

I really liked it, bit expensive though.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I really liked it, bit expensive though.

Yeah I put it back initially then the OH said go on just get it.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Yeah I put it back initially then the OH said go on just get it.

One of the nicest, if not the nicest, beers I've ever had was acquired the same way.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Stheno wrote: »
    Sleeman honey brown, anyone tried it?
    I wasn't a fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Double EXTRA Pale Ale? that would be DEPA, yes?

Jaysis, wonder what the hell that is meant to be. Short of a DIPA? Should O'Hara's release a DEIPA?

Double EXTRA Pale Ale? that would be DEPA, yes?

Jaysis, wonder what the hell that is meant to be. Short of a DIPA? Should O'Hara's release a DEIPA?

Would Double Extra be a treble or just less than a treble?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

wonder what the hell that is meant to be.
    Entertainment for brewers who make beers rather than styles :p

I thought Pond Hopper was very good, but overpriced for what is -- the bottle I bought in England was even dearer than the price I've seen it at in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

I'm enjoying a kinnegar yannaroddy at the moment but don't get any coconut hint at all. Aroma or taste.

Stone Barrel Boom Session IPA nice beer but hardly any carbonation at all.

Slightly sweet taste followed by a nice quiet bitterness.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Stone Barrel Boom Session IPA nice beer but hardly any carbonation at all.

Slightly sweet taste followed by a nice quiet bitterness.

I had one over the weekend and thought it was really really nice. Similar to the likes of St. Austells Tribute or London Pride. Carbonation was ok though.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I had one over the weekend and thought it was really really nice. Similar to the likes of St. Austells Tribute or London Pride. Carbonation was ok though.

Yeah that's what it reminded me of. I was sitting here thinking if loads of English IPAs . Tribute tastes very similar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement