Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dabs.ie problems

Options
  • 24-03-2011 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey if anyone is also having problems with dab.ie reply. Below is my problem with them.

I'm unhappy with previous dabs customer service responses to my issue with the length of time its taking to deliver my order. The order was dispatched on the 15/03/11 and as of today's date 24/03/11 which is 9 days or 7 working days it has not arrived. In response to my first email on the issue which was 5 days after dispatch I was told I should only contact customer service if it takes longer than 3 working days which it was. My second email to customer service i asked if they could follow up with the courier (Parcelforce) on the issue of the delay and I was only told it could take up to 28 days to deliver the order. In looking in to the issue further the Courier says it should only take a maximum of 5 working days to deliver the package on their website.

http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw/worldwidedirectory?catId=19300174&pageId=wwd_countryinfo&country=103

I have tried contacting Parcelforce myself but was told in a response to my email since I'm not the sender of the package i cannot look into the the delay only the sender can.I asked in a email to dabs customer service
    could you contact the courier to look into the delay and did not get a sufficient answer saying only it could take up to 28 days to deliver.

So still looking for an answer from them I will post an update if they get their act together.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

same issue, same postage date of the 15th.

I spoke with Visa and I will be speaking with them again today

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rocuronium

same issue. tracking information on item gives date of last track 15/3 in Preston depot. contacted Parcelforce and told to log an enquiry as they say it should be a 48 hour delivery - which I did. they took my phone number but i haven't heard anything.

dabs says that "they're afraid that Parcelforce to ROI can be up to 28 days". certainly no reference to that on their website where they talk about 3-5 day deliveries to ROI.

something's not right. have had reasonably okay dealing with dabs up to now so will probably just wait the 28 days. won't order from then again though.

i spoke with an post and CLS, CLS could see my tracking number and said it was still in the UK.:(

Visa say I have to wait 30 days from when it appears on my card to make a claim

• Registered Users Posts: 2 j2hanley

So my order is moving according to the tracking which says its on the way here . So the following is where the tracking is at

Date Time Location Tracking Event blank.gif 25-03-2011 22:32 International Hub Forwarded for export 25-03-2011 22:27 International Hub Received and processed 25-03-2011 17:22 Preston Depot Tracked out of Local Hub 25-03-2011 15:48 Preston Depot Collected from customer 15-03-2011 17:34 Preston Depot Tracked out of Local Hub 15-03-2011 15:39 Preston Depot Collected from customer
    The same day it starts moving is the day after i sent an email similar to my first post to their customer service didnt get a response to the email but its a bit of coincidence it starts moving.

interesting now mine has updated.

Very strange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I am having major issues even logging into my account. The password retrieval form is messed up too. Sent a few requests on Friday and no reply...Does anybody have a number for them?

received my delivery today (17 days after order placed). interestingly, from the tracking information, it looks like it was redespatched 4 days ago?

hmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DemJ

I recently ordered from Dabs on the 11th of March and still awaiting my delivery today 4th of April No reply from my daily emails and Parcel force who are delivering say last tracked at international hub, this is a very bad service and at this stage I dont know if I will ever receive my order now as I have no response and no other way of contcting Dabs. How long is anybody else waiting for delivery and did anyone eventualy receive delivery from DABs. Any help would be greatful
    :confused:
    j2hanley wrote: »
    Hey if anyone is also having problems with dab.ie reply. Below is my problem with them.

I'm unhappy with previous dabs customer service responses to my issue with the length of time its taking to deliver my order. The order was dispatched on the 15/03/11 and as of today's date 24/03/11 which is 9 days or 7 working days it has not arrived. In response to my first email on the issue which was 5 days after dispatch I was told I should only contact customer service if it takes longer than 3 working days which it was. My second email to customer service i asked if they could follow up with the courier (Parcelforce) on the issue of the delay and I was only told it could take up to 28 days to deliver the order. In looking in to the issue further the Courier says it should only take a maximum of 5 working days to deliver the package on their website.

http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw/worldwidedirectory?catId=19300174&pageId=wwd_countryinfo&country=103

I have tried contacting Parcelforce myself but was told in a response to my email since I'm not the sender of the package i cannot look into the the delay only the sender can.I asked in a email to dabs customer service
    could you contact the courier to look into the delay and did not get a sufficient answer saying only it could take up to 28 days to deliver.

So still looking for an answer from them I will post an update if they get their act together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DemJ

Dabs.ie are a very poor company to order from I placed an order with them on the 11th of March and still have not received my order on the 4th of April 23 days later. After several emails I only had 2 replies from them the 1st reply said that they were going to contact the carrier "Parcel force" their tracking details say that the parcel was last tracked at international hub on the 11th of March. I received an e-mail back from Dabs today (surprise surprise) they email is asking me to return the faulty goods even though I have not received any yet This is totally crazy I am begining to think I will never receive any parcel and I would recommend to anyone to never order anything from Dabs because I certainly will never order from them again as I am €86 out of pocket at the moment:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Dabs.ie Customer Service ?

I just posted this message in the "Consumer Issues" forum but I've moved it here as it seems like a more appropriate place :)

I just wondering if anyone has had any experience of dealing with Dabs.ie customer services?

I purchased computer accessories costing approx €100 from them and the order was delivered a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, part of the order was missing. I've emailed customer service twice to report that some of the order was missing but I've received no reply. There is no contact telephone number on their website to contact them so I'm not sure how to proceed.

I have ordered from them on a number of occasions in the last year and I've had no issues. Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues.

• Advertisement

I have emailed Dabs four times now to report that some of my order was not received but I haven't received any reply from their customer service team. Does anyone have a contact number for them or another email address apart from the "assistance" email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The only time I've ever contacted them was through the live chat function on their website. Nothing else worked for me anyway. This was some time ago though.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭2Shae

Usually love dabs but no paypal at the moment means my business is being taken to komplett, collect in dublin and pay on collection :)

2Shae wrote: »
    Usually love dabs but no paypal at the moment means my business is being taken to komplett, collect in dublin and pay on collection :)
    I have ordered from them a few times in the last year and up until my last order I never had any problems. Hopefully, this is just a blip.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I had issue with the return of faulty RAM modules. It took about 2 months in all from RMA request to refund, though I did get a refund in the end.

One rep did tell me the reason was because of major changes to the backend of how they handle ordering and RMA's, and my RMA got stuck in the middle of the changeover.

Then there were problems due to no longer accepting Paypal (how I had initially paid for the item) so couldn't refund that way, though they did call me and I gave them my bank account/sort. Payment was within a few days after that.

I'd hope their migration issues are now fixed and ordering etc is back to normal - I'd still use them again anyway, though disappointing that Paypal is no longer accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭leonil7

they must be fixing something. lately i ordered some things, and it took awhile to arrive, not like it was last yr. i also tried ordering a pc online, and it wouldn't appear in the basket. hope they sort this out sooner.

avoid avoid!

if you're thinking of ordering from them again, save yourself the grief. any monetary saving from their prices will be more than cancelled out by

-random delivery times or lack of delivery at all
    -long delays in replying to emails (the only way to contact them)
    -will try everything to avoid refunds (credit notes/discounts/no response)

i know it could be argued that e.g. Amazon can usually only be contacted by email also, however Amazon WILL reply usually within hours and usually with a swift resolution.

i am owed over €600 for a product i returned to dabs within the cooling off period. although this was over 6 weeks ago, i have yet to receive the money.

in my opinion, dabs.ie are now a case of "if it (the price) is too good to be true..."

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

For me, even though it was replacement RAM modules I wanted in exchange for the faulty goods, I ended up getting a refund.

Though, at least I'm sorted now, despite the long delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

I put an order in a week ago and actually ordered different (worse) items because they were in stock to make sure it got sent quickly! A Week later and 2 items are still saying processing and due in in 1-2 days. Presume due into dabs in the UK, then they have to post to me!

Emailed them 4 days ago and still no response!!

So 2-3 weeks for an order?????

WE NEED AN IRISH ALTERNATIVE TO DABS AND KOMPLETT!! Right now the only irish alternatives I know of, are far to expensive and dabs and komplett are not in Ireland so everything automatically takes longer. Surely someone out there looking for a business opportunity can see a market to sell PC parts to Ireland from Ireland. So if operating costs/taxes are a little higher in Ireland, the postage would be cheaper balancing it up.

I ordered and paid €110 for a Toshiba AC adaptor for my laptop from them in late March. On April 5th, I received my parcel from them, everything looked fine on the outside but inside the seal was broken on the Toshiba product packaging and I found that I had only received the adaptor less the power cord.

I emailed them straight away and asked that they post on the missing component but to date I have received nothing. I have emailed them several times but I am getting nowhere fast. Their customer service is really terrible, it takes days for them to reply and when they do it is clear that they aren't actually reading your query as they are providing answers to questions you haven't even asked or don't apply to your query.

If this continues I will be more than happy to tackle them legally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Conor026

Dabs Customer Services Department number is 0870 429 3825,
    this being an english number.

The dabs.ie seems to be extremely buggy, my account details got
    deleted and my dad, who buys parts from them for his business,
    wont deal with them anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 redux

nacimroc wrote: »
    I put an order in a week ago and actually ordered different (worse) items because they were in stock to make sure it got sent quickly! A Week later and 2 items are still saying processing and due in in 1-2 days. Presume due into dabs in the UK, then they have to post to me!

WE NEED AN IRISH ALTERNATIVE TO DABS AND KOMPLETT!! Right now the only irish alternatives I know of, are far to expensive and dabs and komplett are not in Ireland so everything automatically takes longer. Surely someone out there looking for a business opportunity can see a market to sell PC parts to Ireland from Ireland. So if operating costs/taxes are a little higher in Ireland, the postage would be cheaper balancing it up.
    A good alternative to Dabs, Komplett, Elara and every other Irish component seller, is desperately needed since Ebuyer stopped selling to us.

Dabs is a gas! I ordered 9 items for an upgrade on the 11/04, all listed as in stock. Since then I have been checking the order status daily, 8 items are listed as allocated and 1 item listed as processing. I also had a delivery date for 21/04.

Out of the blue on 20/04, the item listed (and still listed) as processing was delivered unannounced and weirdly,the order delivery date has disappeared from my order status.
    I guess it definitely is not on it's way to me because no money has been taken from my bank account yet.

Dabs seems to have a massive problem from point of purchase to delivery. OK they have had major changes since being taken over and obviously a long way off being sorted, but they should know that information is key to customer satisfaction and a dedicated customer service should be their first priority while they sort the mess.

I do not know why Ebuyer couldn't find a fix around the VAT problem, but they are missing a huge business opportunity here.I used to buy all my components from them, without ever having a problem.

nacimroc wrote: »

WE NEED AN IRISH ALTERNATIVE TO DABS AND KOMPLETT!! .........

Its now Friday at 6pm 2 weeks later and the order still says processing because 1 item isn't ready. 2 weeks ago it was in stock (when I ordered). A week later it said "due in 1-2 days" a week later (now) it says "due soon"!!!

How the hell is this item getting further away from dabs ??????

I would happily accept any other bloody power supply now if they would just send me something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Dabs are a joke!

I ordered a NAS from them last week and it's been stuck on "Processing" ever since. Have mailed them 8 times and got 2 responses. One said they were waiting to take payment. I contacted the bank and they said there were no attempts at payment. I mailed on Tuesday to say it wasn't dispatched by the next day I would cancel. Nothing back from them so cancelled this morning.

Found the same NAS on amazon for €40 cheaper including delivery!

Won't be dealing with them again.

So almost at the end of week 3 (bank hol in UK where dabs are tomorrow) so it will be 4 weeks minimum before I get any of what I ordered.

The 1 item holding the whole thing up changes from "due in 1-2 days" to "due soon" on a daily basis! I'm starting to think the lads in dabs just change it and roar laughing as the hold their betting slips on how long I go without my order before I snap!

At this stage I could cancel the item but that means it could show up 10 mins after I cancel it and I've waited 3 weeks. Plus if I buy that one power supply elsewhere now I have to pay shipping on it!

Item still says "due in 1-2 days" for last 25 days! So they are selling an item they don't have and can't get!

I received no joy from Dabs customer service after emailing them on numerous occasions. Their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. I've now referred the matter to the European Consumer Affairs Centre and they are pursuing Dabs on my behalf!

http://www.eccireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭nowherefar

Not just me then.. I ordered weeks ago through dabs4work and I've seen the item appear in stock and go out again and still mine says "processing". I finally gave up and hit the cancel button. dabsnot4work more like. :rolleyes:

Is misco.ie any better? komplett doesn't sell what I need.

Dear customer

Thankyou for your email

As checked the order SO02069536 status the payments are not been submitted yet so order is still pending,kindly submit the payment so that order can be progressed.

Regards

The order went through! I got an email to confirm! When I log into my account it says the order has gone through and all items are allocated except the one item that still says "due in 1-2 days". I even placed an order after that which went through fine. No problems with CC. They are just looking for an excuse to worm out of it now I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 redux

This might be helpful.

I had an order hung up in the Dabs.ie processing fog and didn't really get anywhere with the assistance@dabs.
    I think the customer service is an outsourced call centre and they tend to run to script, so if your problem is off-script, they flounder.

The best avenue to get sorted is the Dabs Forum, post your problem in "General cit-chat" and you'll get one of the Dabs guys to sort it out for you.

In my case, two weeks struggling with customer services was sorted in an hour or so from the forum.

Advertisement