Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Cooking Club Week 20:Chorizo and potato Quesadillas

• 25-05-2014 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Chorizo and potato Quesadillas

This is a great go to dish in my house, either as a snack or as dinner. They are taste and really family friendly (my 2 year old loves them!). They are super quick dinner especially if you have some left over potatoes and chorizo in the fridge.

What you need (for 2 nicely full Quesadillas):

150g boiled potatoes
    100g Chorizo
    200g grated cheese
    half an onion diced
    1 clove of garlic
    Some fresh thyme (optional)
    2 large Tortillas
    a little bit of olive oil

photo%201.JPG

So Add a little Olive oil to the pan and fry the onion for a couple of minute until they are soft. Add in the garlic and fry for a further 3 minutes or so.

photo%202.JPG

Turn up the heat and add the potatoes and Chorizo and cook or about 5 more minutes until the oil from the Chorizo has coloured the potatoes.Mix in the thyme and a little bit of salt and pepper. Take this mix off the heat and leave to one side.

photo%203.JPG

Now get your tortilla and brush with a little bit of oil on the side that will be the outside. Put the Tortilla oil side down on a pan, on one half of the tortilla add some cheese and then the potato mix then more cheese an fold over the tortilla so you now have a half moon filled tortilla in the pan.

photo%204.JPG

Cook on both side for a couple of minutes, take off the pan and cut in quarters and enjoy.....

photo%205.JPG

These can be addapted in a couple of way:
    1. Add Chicken
    2. A Veggie version adding pepper and paparika instead of the Chorizo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Looks great. Thanks for such a lovely recipe. I love chorizo so i'm looking forward to trying this.

p.s. - I like your shoes.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Oh my giddy aunt, this looks fantastic! Looking forward to giving it a whirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

These were lovely, very easy to make too. I can see them becoming a regular in our house. Even the baby enjoyed her little mini, chorizo free version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

Made this tonight with added chicken! So quick and easy, will definitely be making it again

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

would this work in a george forman instead of a pan, thinking of lunch in work. could bring in all the stuff precooked and heat up in the george.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

blueshed wrote: »
    would this work in a george forman instead of a pan, thinking of lunch in work. could bring in all the stuff precooked and heat up in the george.

Yea if you had everything cooked and just wanted to do the final steps a George Forman should work, you are really just reheating the mix, melting the cheese and toasting the tortilla

Had these last night without cheese or tortillas but with a mound of rocket, oh so tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

I do these quite often and purposefully make extra baked potato's for them. I sometimes use the mix as a side dish too -lovely with steak! Thanks for the recipe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Ah, yes. The comination of chorizo and potato is just wonderful. I put a similair mix in a 7 or 8 egg omelette, kids love it. Another good one is Chicken and chorizo casserole. Basically anything containing chicken and chorizo, or potato and chorizo is gonna taste good.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Made these today. It's the perfect food. Carby fatty nommage. I boiled extra potatoes so that I can have them for lunch tomorrow too. Thanks OP. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Made these last night, absolutely delicious. Never thought of combining thyme with chorizo before, but I am converted.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

missed this recipe first time around.

this is tomorrow nights dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I am omnomnomming on these as we speak. Yum!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

Wow these look amazing! Can't wait to try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Giving this recipe an old bump. Delicious quesadillas - I make them all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

I was thinking of this thread too! Made some for my dinner tonight and the leftovers for lunch tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bigronnie9

Good call bumping this thread, had these over the weekend after ye reminded me, so easy and tasty!

Can we get the pictures back?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

The photos were in a Dropbox account. Perhaps it filled up. You could try PM-ing the OP and asking nicely for restoration :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Made this for dinner last night and it was quality, can see it being very handy for when there are a few people coming over on a lazy Saturday morning for brunch

• Advertisement
Advertisement