Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hickies!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I've 2 red marks at the moment, didn't think at the time that he'd be leaving a mark though. Now I'm a bit freaked out by the 'marking territory' and 'I own this' comments. =/

I didn't mean it... stupid hoover just flew out of my hand

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

Necks are great;)

Hahaha, oh that they are!

Gosh, how I miss it! I'm gonna have to go man hunting soon, hook myself up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Onkle wrote: »
    I didn't mean it... stupid hoover just flew out of my hand

:cool: Yeah, you just wait til you see the damage I can do with a hoover. And it won't be your neck, beeatch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ah... you two guys are...? Cool. :cool:

Excellent. Before, I only had Pyr0 and LivingDeadGirl's (good-natured) domestics to entertain me on the Ladies' Lounge, and now I have the same from the two of you - awesome! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Dudess wrote: »
    Toothpaste is a little trick I learned in school - it sorta worked...
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    For those wishing to heal up such bruising or lover's marks your best bet is Arinca cream.

Never worked for me, but I bruise really easily :(

Unfortunately I cant hickey other very easily so getting revenge is damn near impossible :(

They do feel nice to get though, it's very hard totell whoever you're with to stop in case they leave a mark (actually this sometimes encourages them to keep going)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Some times thats the point.
    The neck is far too much of a cliche mind.

I'd just much rather not feel the need to mark a partner as though they were property to own, and be taken, as opposed to a free heart to be given.
    If they leave you for another you can either be bitter about it or just accept that they may be happier with the other person, one thing I often dislike about humanity is how people so often claim to love another and yet really only mean that they love them as long as they continue to love me back.:(

Boards.ie is being a pain in the a55 and keeps logging me out so if a mod can merge this, assuming it even lets me post this:rolleyes:, with the prior post it'd be appreciated.:)

Giving/getting hickies strictly for pleasure - fair enough, as long as the other person is ok with it no harm.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

farohar wrote: »
    Boards.ie is being a pain in the a55 and keeps logging me out so if a mod can merge this, assuming it even lets me post this:rolleyes:, with the prior post it'd be appreciated.:)

Done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I've 2 red marks at the moment, didn't think at the time that he'd be leaving a mark though. Now I'm a bit freaked out by the 'marking territory' and 'I own this' comments. =/

Don't be freaked out. In a way, thats what they are, and thats why they are so freakin hot.

OH is away at the mo and before he left he was determined to 'mark me all over'. That he wanted to do that turned me on, that he did it and when/while he did it turned me on, and seeing the marks still turns me on.:o;)

The whole territorial thing is pretty deadly tbh, I see nowt wrong with it, in fact i quite like it. in fact f*ck quite liking it, I bloody well love it!!!!:D

Does that mean theres something wrong with me:confused:

I really don't think so:rolleyes:

Anyways, Vanilla is so over-rated.

I'd much rather have some 'fun':cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'd just much rather not feel the need to mark a partner as though they were property to own, and be taken, as opposed to a free heart to be given.
    But that's only your way of interpreting it. That notion never entered my mind - ever. I just see it as animalistic and primal - a symbol of lust/intense desire. For me, that is an overwhelming turn-on.
    OH is away at the mo and before he left he was determined to 'mark me all over'. That he wanted to do that turned me on, that he did it and when/while he did it turned me on, and seeing the marks still turns me on.:o;)
    Oh! LORD HAVE MERCY!!! Ok I'm dying here... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Oh! LORD HAVE MERCY!!! Ok I'm dying here... :D

I hear ya sister, I freakin hear ya loud and clear:D:D:D;););)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Who is to say they do not want to get one for that reason ?
    Maybe they enjoy that side of it and find it a turn on.

I am talking about consensual marking of a partners flesh not attacking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

But that's only your way of interpreting it. That notion never entered my mind - ever. I just see it as animalistic and primal - a symbol of lust/intense desire. For me, that is an overwhelming turn-on.
    Who is to say they do not want to get one for that reason ?
    Maybe they enjoy that side of it and find it a turn on.

I am talking about consensual marking of a partners flesh not attacking them.

Hence why I said:
    Giving/getting hickies strictly for pleasure - fair enough, as long as the other person is ok with it no harm.
    ;)
    It's just that much of the time it seems to be done by folks on the neck with the specific goal of ensuring the world knows that the person is spoken for, don't touch as opposed to being about either person's pleasure beyond any pleasure the giver might derive of branding the person as theirs.

PS thanks Zaph!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Ah... you two guys are...? Cool. :cool:

Excellent. Before, I only had Pyr0 and LivingDeadGirl's (good-natured) domestics to entertain me on the Ladies' Lounge, and now I have the same from the two of you - awesome! :D

No! We're not, really not.

Manukahoney: I'm freaked out due to all the mixed signals if that really has anything to do with why he likes marking me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

When I was a kid, we were told by the inevitably advanced alpha lad in the group that girls expected you to deliver decent hickies on demand, as well as 'wearing' (as in wearing the face off.....) them. I used to try to practice them on the back of my hand in case I was asked to step up to the plate. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

It can be funny to use as a threat though, "stop tickling me or I'll give you a massive hickey right at the front of your neck!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

When I started this thread I was fairly ambivalent to hickies, but I'm starting to come round to the idea. Score one yet again for tll and letting me live vicariously through other people's lives... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

sam34 wrote: »
    ooooh i love getting hickeys! my neck is one of the most sensitive parts of my body. a poloneck/scarf can easily cover the damage next few days.
    But that's not so pleasant when it is scorching hot though! I've been there......had to wear a really heavy zip-up top thing with a fairly high collar when it was over 20 degrees! It was a long couple of days :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I got a pretty baad hickey the other day. My mom saw it this morning and freaked out, calling me cheap and common. But then later, she began to put it down to me being "insecure". what tuh hell :P

I dont give very good hickeys, well or else they are just subtle ones.

Advertisement