Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why do you like being single?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭owenmakken

From a mans point - I like not having a redundant smelly blob of meat lyin in my bed for a week once a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Not having to put up with someone constantly asking you ''where are you?'' or several texts while i am playing Gaa(like i have the phone with me when i'm playing?? I don't have to put up with his fecking moods or his 2 faced fecking family and i can go out as many times as i like and with whom i'm like without getting accused of being with every tom dick and harry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ugh I couldn't stand someone who wanted to know constantly what I was up to or dissapproved of me going out- I have a mother for that!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,273 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ntlbell wrote: »
    If I was you I would probably stay single.

I can't think of anything worse than going out with someone that has absolutley no impact on my life in any other way rather just getting my hole.

Behave yourself please
    owenmakken wrote: »
    From a mans point - I like not having a redundant smelly blob of meat lyin in my bed for a week once a month

Interesting first post in this forum. Take a week off to consider what you'd like to put in your second. I'm already looking forward to it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

gcgirl wrote: »
    Not having to put up with someone constantly asking you ''where are you?'' or several texts while i am playing Gaa(like i have the phone with me when i'm playing?? I don't have to put up with his fecking moods or his 2 faced fecking family and i can go out as many times as i like and with whom i'm like without getting accused of being with every tom dick and harry!!
    That's an advantage of not being in a relationship with a gobshíte not an advantage of being single.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I like the fact that I don't have to hide the fact that I'm actually evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

*Farting in the morning (I'm such a bloke, really)

Omg, i know how you feel. That's a definite point!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Galvasean wrote: »
    ohh that's a good one too.

/adds that to my list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

the only difference for me between being single and in a relationship she that i get more sex in a relationship

other then that nothing else has changed

It doesn't sound like a fantastic relationship, does it?
    owenmakken wrote: »

I truly hope you are single forever.
    Galvasean wrote: »

Oh no. The other thread had me feeling deprived. This one is just scaring me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Hmm, the only advantage I could think of of not being with my OH is not putting up with my in-laws (they're seriously hard work) and a few of his friends I'm not a big fan of.

Otherwise I wear pyjamas all day, fart, have my own space if I need it, go where I like and see who I like, not eat dinner if I don't feel like it, go on girly holidays, don't wear make-up or wash my hair if I don't feel like it, watch girly films If I want (with compromise of course!)

I do, however have to smell his farts and clean the bathroom. I think he's worth it though! He's very good to me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Not waking in the middle of the night roooaaasting.
    It's easier to get to sleep without someone half on top of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Blakfingernail

not being lied to,cheated on and stolen from is a plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭tv3

Did you ever hear the song "money money money";) hope that explains my view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Agree with the easier to sleep thing, thank God we have a spare room in the new gaff because I'm going to need it. I find it hard to have a good night's sleep with someone else in the bed.

Another thing is you don't have to put up with certain friends of theirs that you don't like. I'm very much a person that if I don't like someone I won't put up with them for the sake of it, I only surround myself with people I like so when you're going out with someone and a couple of their friends are idiots (one in particular is a bitch but don't see her often thankfully) it's a pain in the arse having to put up with them for his sake.

And watching girlie sh1te on TV without seeing rolling of eyes or hearing tutting coming from the other side of the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

watna wrote: »
    ...Otherwise I wear pyjamas all day, fart...

I do, however have to smell his farts

Well it's only fair.:rolleyes:

I do find the girls being unwilling to fart around their SO's amusing though since as soon as you nod off odds are you're tooting away like a trumpet.:D
    Sure if you can each hold it to get to the bathroom fair enough, but no sense being overly obsessed about it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Agree with the easier to sleep thing, thank God we have a spare room in the new gaff because I'm going to need it. I find it hard to have a good night's sleep with someone else in the bed.

At last, someone else who feels the same way, I thought I was just weird!

Piste wrote: »
    At last, someone else who feels the same way, I thought I was just weird!

Nope you're not alone. And it's not like he snores or moves around much or anything, just the fact that he's even there seems to keep me awake. I'll just have to get used to it I suppose.

I love my sleep :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

It doesn't sound like a fantastic relationship, does it?

wow, really, do you think.

personally, i think it is one of the best relationships i have ever had. i get to be me and i dont have to change and pretend to be someone else.

i though that was the whole point - obviosuly, got that complete wrong.

*** note to self, dump des for being perfect

Des is perfect? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Just being myself and not depending on someone/having someone depend on me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

i dont anymore...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Blakfingernail

i feel that im not a whole person,she treated me like crap,but being with her,i felt like more of a whole person,it feels like **** to still love the person that treated me like crap,how do i get over this?

i feel that im not a whole person,she treated me like crap,but being with her,i felt like more of a whole person,it feels like **** to still love the person that treated me like crap,how do i get over this?

I think you've completely misunderstood the point of this thread. Perhaps Personal Issues might be more useful to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

You are seemingly at a very raw stage.. It sucks.. In this forum we are recollecting all the things that were negative annoying and didn't like about being in a relationship. Might help if you thought about these and wrote them down. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Using coconut hair products again, take that ya coconut hating FREAK!

wow, really, do you think.

personally, i think it is one of the best relationships i have ever had. i get to be me and i dont have to change and pretend to be someone else.

i though that was the whole point - obviosuly, got that complete wrong.

*** note to self, dump des for being perfect

I stand corrected! Your post read to me like the only difference your relationship made to you was more sex. Nice though that is, I'm glad to hear theres more.

Get over it by finding someone who doesn't treat you like crap. And then never settle for being treated like crap again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

- not having her parents constantly calling over
    - not having to feign interest in her boring friends
    - not having to listen to constant moaning about how difficult her job is
    - being able to see and do what you want anytime
    - having the house filled with great music again
    - watching films in bed on sat without the guilt of "wasting a day"
    - changing plans at the drop of a hat
    - never being in Homebase
    - never being in Brown Thomas
    - not having to spend loads on crap Christmas/ Birthday presents
    - being free

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Using coconut hair products again, take that ya coconut hating FREAK!

What a sacrafice! I love the smell of coconut on hair. Good riddance to him Rozabeez!

IanCurtis wrote: »
    - not having her parents constantly calling over
    - not having to feign interest in her boring friends
    - not having to listen to constant moaning about how difficult her job is
    - being able to see and do what you want anytime
    - having the house filled with great music again
    - watching films in bed on sat without the guilt of "wasting a day"
    - changing plans at the drop of a hat
    - never being in Homebase
    - never being in Brown Thomas
    - not having to spend loads on crap Christmas/ Birthday presents
    - being free

That relationship sounds like it was a lot of fun! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Clare Bear wrote: »
    That relationship sounds like it was a lot of fun! :confused:

:D These are the negatives. The positives I don't want to go into right now!!

Honestly though, if I feel like I'm missing something being single, I need only look across the desk at my colleagues to see I'm not.

Advertisement