Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Late Late Show February 17th

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

And the weather says it's going be rough, couldn't be rougher than I reckon..............love this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭JMSE

*farts

great show tonight, loved the police academy dude, he wasnt on long enough

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Ah yes. Mrs King and yer man from Bring 'Em Back Alive :D
    scarecrow_mrs_king.jpg

Scarecrow and Mrs. King

(Kate Jackson and Bruce Boxleitner) I remember we used to watch it as children every Sunday evening :) It ran from 1983 to 1987.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Only Charlie's Angels, MrsD. It's not a patch on the original. I mean, how could any of them compare with this? ;)
    charlies-angels-farah-kate-jaclyn.jpg

Thanks for reminding me why I loved Jaclyn Smith so much as a young boy. M-O-M-M-A

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

MrsD007 wrote: »
    scarecrow_mrs_king.jpg

Scarecrow and Mrs. King

(Kate Jackson and Bruce Boxleitner) I remember we used to watch it as children every Sunday evening :) It ran from 1983 to 1987.

Sorry MrsD. I've just realised that when Bring 'Em Back Alive was being shown on RTE, you were probably only a few months old :o;):D

• Advertisement

Sorry MrsD. I've just realised that when Bring 'Em Back Alive was being shown on RTE, you were probably only a few months old weren't even born :o;):D
    Fixed ;):p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I used to really like Kate Jackson.. I think I was about ten when it was on RTE.. I liked the theme as well.

Do ye remember "The Fall Guy"? I used to think Lee Majors was so cool.

I used to really like Kate Jackson.. I think I was about ten when it was on RTE.. I liked the theme as well.

RTE were showing it again recently at around 8am on Saturday mornings. I always thought that Kate Jackson got better looking as she got older.

I loved Heather Thomas in that show. She never seemed to do much after The Fall Guy. I remember Lee Majors from The Six Million Dollar Man, MrsD, which was waaaaaaay before your time. ;):D

• Advertisement

I think that RTE should have shown "The Bodyguard" this evening as a tribute to poor Whitney:( Harry, What was it you said before about The Bodyguard?

Oh, I remember!!! It was your favourite romantic movie of all time after Harold & Maude (1971) ;):D

I think that RTE should have shown "The Bodyguard" this evening as a tribute to poor Whitney:( Harry, What was it you said before about The Bodyguard?

Oh, I remember!!! It was your favourite romantic movie of all time after Harold & Maude (1971) ;):D

Well remembered MrsD :D
    Apparently there was talk about a sequel to The Bodyguard just before Whitney Houston's death, and it now looks like they still want to go ahead with it - now more than ever, probably :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

That is Noel in a live interview, his concert had started at 6:30pm; which is surprisingly very early. :eek:

No, his Late Late Show appearance was recorded in the afternoon.

Noel came on stage at the O2 at about 8.50pm

He may be a God-like Genius but he does not have the ability to be in two places at once.

Most of the concerts in the evening have started in the 02 at 6:30pm.

No Headline act ever appears at the O2 at 6.30pm or anything close to that early.

They open the doors, the support act comes on, you get a few drinks etc etc

At 6.30 the place would have been almost empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

This used to be my favourite show, can't remember anything about it now only the pick up truck and the song, been meaning to investigate more, now I will :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Really disappointed with Rodriguez y gabriella last night - def drowned out by the backing band & much better on their own!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Jesus Suffering F*ck.

If Neil Young was dead, he'd be turning in his grave so much that he'd probably tunnel his way to the surface.

I actually think he would just smile smugly at the fact he's still relevent and they never got out of the tracks....and he probably got paid!!!

sibh67 wrote: »
    I swore to myself last week that i was not going to watch this s**t again and here i am doing it again, i dont care if i have to dig the garden in the dark next week, never ever again...
    That's probably the best idea i've ever heard...if we could get this entire thread to dig their garden next week instead of watching the late late, post pics up etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

That must have been the worse show yet. I caught the last 30-40 mins last night and saw the rest on the RTE Player. Absolute rubbish.

score.....i just found a jar of sweets wrapped in a dublin jersey in a ditch on the stillorgan dual carridge way.

Iang87 wrote: »
    hmmmmmmmmm a coloured gentleman on RTE Gay Byrne must be rolling in his grave :pac:

Nonsense

Gay Byrne had plenty of Black guests when he was in charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Diddler, Are you still out there????

Thanks for the shout out Mrs D.

My electricity went out at about 10 last night so I lost my TV, Nets and laptop power.

I'm only reading the thread now. Looks like there was a lot of fallers on the thread last night. It's very much turning in to survival of the fittest. Many peeps succumbing to the boring numbness of Tubs and either heading for bed or reaching for the remote.

I enjoyed the rest of my evening reading a book by torchlight!

Ah Diddler, I knew it wasn't like you to head away without saying "Goodnight" to us. Shame about the powercut, you might want to start putting a few euro in that ESB meter of yours :p

Where were you going reading a book by torch light ??? :eek: Have you not learnt anything from watching "Don't Tell the Bride"???? Candles are far more romantic than a torch :D

I'm not sure if JA was having us on about you being a chef but Paul Rankin and Marco Pierre White are on the SNS this evening. Oh, I do like Marco :D "Mother nature is the true artist" and all that craic :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Recorded it and watched it this morning. Must say I enjoyed it, one of the best in a long time. Noel Gallagher and the traveller fella being the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

score.....i just found a jar of sweets wrapped in a dublin jersey in a ditch on the stillorgan dual carridge way.

That jar of sweets should have been found attached to Tubridy at the bottom of the Grand Canal..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

That jar of sweets should have been found attached to Tubridy at the bottom of the Grand Canal..

Harsh. :eek:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Skid wrote: »

No Headline act ever appears at the O2 at 6.30pm or anything close to that early.

Barney the dinosaur ?

Strange that Noel didn't sing a wee tune when he dropped over (on Friday Afternoon)

After all, the initials of Don't Look Back In Anger are DLB IA

Coincidence, or is there something more cosmic at work? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Skid wrote: »

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Barney the dinosaur ?

Glee.

Advertisement