Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to find Irish translators?

• 02-08-2014 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

I'm writing an epistolary novel involving two Irish girls. Both were born in rural Ireland, but one girl is sent to live with relatives in the US and the other makes her way in Dublin. There's a point in the story when they exchange a few letters written in Irish.

I am assuming that there are certified translators who could translate the drafts of these chapters into Irish? Is there a particular agency or organization that I could contact to find a translator?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭teileann

I can't post the URL as I am getting a message saying that I am a new user, so go
    to the www dot gaeilge dot ie website.

You can choose to see the site in Irish or English.

On menu bar on top of page click on 7th from left.
    Translators/Terms Aistreoitheoirí/Téarmaí
    On left hand side of vertical list click on

Accredited system for translators and editors/Na córais chrediúnaithe d'aistreoitheoirí agus d'eagarthóirí

When you click on it, just below it you will see
    Accreditation systems for translators

In the middle to the page click on
    The panel.

A MS Word document will open given you a list of accredited translators
    Click on this

and you will see a list of accredited translators.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Galvium Irredentum

A chara (Dear Sir),

I'm a certified Irish translator! - You'll find my name (Gearóid Ó Fathaigh) and my email on that list...

Advertisement