Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

July 2014 Babies Club

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

I'm about 7.5 weeks now. I don't feel pregnant at all!! I am a bit fatigued, have had one wave of sickness last Thursday, the odd bit of breast tenderness & my skin and nail condition is going downhill but none of these are severe and I know if I wasn't pregnant I would hardly even notice these. No weight gain yet, I regularly fluctuate up/down a pound from week to week & still the same for now.

I've had a virus the last few days and have been feeling rotten. Worse than a cold, not as bad as a flu so feeling very sorry for myself. Haven't left the house since Saturday which is making me feel very guilty cos I should be out & about while I'm still able!

Have a scan booked for just before 12 weeks so looking forward to that. I've regularly having thoughts about it being twins & yesterday at the same time I was thinking it my sister text me the exact same thing......wierd!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

dont worry about not feeling pregnant ocean blue, i was like that on my 1st and all was fine x

dont worry about not feeling pregnant ocean blue, i was like that on my 1st and all was fine x

Ah I'm not worried at all! It's just funny to think something so dramatic is happening inside and there are so few signs and symptoms sometimes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Hi all, just wondering what week would be normal for your initial scan to take place? Forms were sent off to the Coombe yesterday so just wondering what the normal process is in terms of them letting us know and also what week roughly you would expect the first scan to take place?

I had my first appt with the Coombe in week 12 :)

Hi ladies how is everyone doing? Anyone any scans yet or anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

First scan on the 6th of January. I'll almost be 14 weeks at that stage, and I haven't even so much as heard a heartbeat!

Morning (all-day) sickness finally kicked in starting last night, thought I was going to manage to dodge it but I literally confined myself to bed all day today, sleeping between woozy spells! Only threw up twice, but there would have been way more if I wasn't absolutely terrified of vomiting and swallowed back the nausea at the toilet bowl :D

I'm fine! Still have very few symptoms, the main thing at the moment is not really sickness but more the thought of certain foods is turning my stomach :(

My scan in Wexford is not until Feb 20th so I have a private scan booked for 2nd Jan in Babyscan.ie so can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rose1000

Hi All,

Still eagerly waiting for my scan on the 21st December at which stage Ill be 9 weeks. All my nausea has gone which I am a bit freaked out about! I would rather feel morning sickness! The fact that it was there and now is gone worries me a little bit. Cannot wait till the scan to see how everything is going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Two scans here already. One following some light spotting at 6+5 (baby measuring 2 days ahead!), and the other last week, where it measured 8 weeks 1 day in the consultants office. Both seemed fine with the little heart beat pumping away and measuring to dates.

Am going back next week for a scan just for reassurance as the consultant could see how nervous I was after a miscarriage in September and the early spotting.

I'm really tired myself at the moment, lost my dinner last night (third time that's happened.....), and have only just gotten over the nausea from last night by drinking ginger tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Rua1 wrote: »
    Two scans here already. One following some light spotting at 6+5 (baby measuring 2 days ahead!), and the other last week, where it measured 8 weeks 1 day in the consultants office. Both seemed fine with the little heart beat pumping away and measuring to dates.

Am going back next week for a scan just for reassurance as the consultant could see how nervous I was after a miscarriage in September and the early spotting.

I'm really tired myself at the moment, lost my dinner last night (third time that's happened.....), and have only just gotten over the nausea from last night by drinking ginger tea.

Our stories are very similar!

I had a chemical pregnancy in September. I will now be eight weeks pregnant on Thursday but at six weeks I had a light bleed and I was absolutely petrified - a very traumatic few days. Had a scan at 6 +4 and the little bubba was clear to see on the scan with it's little heart beating, it was so emotional. I'm going to see my midwife on Thursday to arrange my next scan. My boobs are massive and I am very tired but I am quite nervous tbh. The bleeding knocked me for six and while I have intermittent nausea, I haven't really got morning sickness. I read an article last night on the What To Expect site that said women who have morning sickness are way less likely to miscarry so now I have freaked myself out a bit to be honest, am feeling quite worried and anxious since reading it. :o This is my first baby so I'd be interested to hear if anyone else felt anxious with their first pregnancies too? I'm just scared the spotting at week 6 signified something wrong. I'm normally a pretty chilled out and laid back person but I can't help but feel uptight.

• Advertisement

Glad everyone is doing good im having a scan on the 19th I cant wait will really relax me and oh

A lot of nausea here only been sick once, im finding it hard to juggle work, a 15 nearly 16month old, trying to stay on top of house work and getting ready for Christmas

Had a wedding last Friday and im only recovering from the tiredness now x

Merkin wrote: »
    Our stories are very similar!

I had a chemical pregnancy in September. I will now be eight weeks pregnant on Thursday but at six weeks I had a light bleed and I was absolutely petrified - a very traumatic few days. Had a scan at 6 +4 and the little bubba was clear to see on the scan with it's little heart beating, it was so emotional. I'm going to see my midwife on Thursday to arrange my next scan. My boobs are massive and I am very tired but I am quite nervous tbh. The bleeding knocked me for six and while I have intermittent nausea, I haven't really got morning sickness. I read an article last night on the What To Expect site that said women who have morning sickness are way less likely to miscarry so now I have freaked myself out a bit to be honest, am feeling quite worried and anxious since reading it. :o This is my first baby so I'd be interested to hear if anyone else felt anxious with their first pregnancies too? I'm just scared the spotting at week 6 signified something wrong. I'm normally a pretty chilled out and laid back person but I can't help but feel uptight.

I read the same thing and it terrified me!! That's why I stay away from the internet now and deal directly with my midwife if I have a question. Plenty of women don't suffer from Morning Sickness, and it's totally unfair to have us thinking that there is something wrong if we dont! I've only been nauseous twice the whole pregnancy, and I'm 9+3 weeks - once I got sick (and it was the result of a migraine, which happened before I got pregnant as well) and the other was the following morning of that incident, where I had to run to the loo, but managed to swallow it back (I'm terrified of getting sick).

Other than that and sore, swollen boobs, I am completely symptom-free!

ShaSha I could hug you, honestly! Thank you! :) What a horrible thing to read isn't it? It sent me into a bit of a tailspin as I've had very mild and intermittent nausea but nothing I'd describe as sickness really. Was on to a close friend this morning who is 10wks with her second (the poor thing has hyperemsis so the other end of the spectrum!) and she said that the article infuriated her. My main symptom is my comedy boobs (they've gone up to a DD from a C! :eek::D) and she reassured me that that in itself is enough of a sign that my hormones are working their magic. I was actually feeling fine and enjoying it but an article like that can make you go into overdrive, will definitely save some questions for when I see my midwife on Thursday. You're a star xx

ShaSha I could hug you, honestly! Thank you! :) What a horrible thing to read isn't it? It sent me into a bit of a tailspin as I've had very mild and intermittent nausea but nothing I'd describe as sickness really. Was on to a close friend this morning who is 10wks with her second (the poor thing has hyperemsis so the other end of the spectrum!) and she said that the article infuriated her. My main symptom is my comedy boobs (they've gone up to a DD from a C! :eek::D) and she reassured me that that in itself is enough of a sign that my hormones are working their magic. I was actually feeling fine and enjoying it but an article like that can make you go into overdrive, will definitely save some questions for when I see my midwife on Thursday. You're a star xx

You sound like you're on the same track as me.
    My midwife asked me if I was having severe pain, I said no. So she said at this stage, for the most part, ectopic is out as the baby is too big to reside in the tubes without causing problems. She asked me if I noticed abnormal hair growth in areas I shave regularly, I told her the hair on my legs and underarms were darker and growing much faster (apparently this has to do with the hormones) so she said this was a good sign of a progressing pregnancy. She assured me that, while 12 weeks is considered the safe point, that once the heart starts beating at approx 7-8 weeks, the chances of any mishaps dramatically drops, as the genetic and chromosomal make-up of the baby has been accepted as viable.
    Another strong indicator is when you just wake up with a full bladder. Lying flat, take a snap from the side of your abdomen area. A small protruding bump, caused by your bladder pushing your big uterus about, should be visible until you go to the toilet. Monitoring this with snaps every week helps show increased growth of the uterus, ergo increased growth of the baby ;) I started snapping at 7 weeks and I could show you the difference with pictures!

I've a really great midwife, she's seriously put me at ease about everything!

Great tips there Shasha, thanks for that. I shall definitely start taking some snaps as they will be lovely to look back over! Is this your first also?

Great tips there Shasha, thanks for that. I shall definitely start taking some snaps as they will be lovely to look back over! Is this your first also?

I'm a bit curvier at almost 12 stone, so I wasn't expecting to show until much later. Midwife said lying down disperses the fat and leaves you with a nice flat surface to view a growing bump. The baby is still behind the pubic bone, but it's something to do with a full bladder either pushing the uterus up and out temporarily, or the uterus pushing the bladder out. Either way it indicates growth, and I plan to finish it up with a nice shot of the baby resting on my tummy when it's all over :D
    My first baby and pregnancy, everything is so new! Only problems I am having is SERIOUS cystic acne and weight gain above the norm. Not down with that at all! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭DjangoMc

Great tips ShaSha, gonna start doing that in the mornings.

My skin before I got pregnant, was always bad, now my skin is clear enough. So happy with that. Not happy with the constant feeling nauseous. Not eating much, but still feel full and bloated. Pretty exhausted after work each day.

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I'm a bit curvier at almost 12 stone, so I wasn't expecting to show until much later. Midwife said lying down disperses the fat and leaves you with a nice flat surface to view a growing bump. The baby is still behind the pubic bone, but it's something to do with a full bladder either pushing the uterus up and out temporarily, or the uterus pushing the bladder out. Either way it indicates growth, and I plan to finish it up with a nice shot of the baby resting on my tummy when it's all over :D
    My first baby and pregnancy, everything is so new! Only problems I am having is SERIOUS cystic acne and weight gain above the norm. Not down with that at all! :P

Try not to worry Shasha, I think every woman is different and everyone has their cross to bear, be it vomiting or acne or comedy boobs! Would you maybe discuss your skin with your doctor? I'm blessed with good skin but got a few spots on my chin a few weeks ago and I used Cetaphil moisturizer (you can get it in the chemist) and it cleared up a treat.

DjangoMc wrote: »
    Pretty exhausted after work each day.

I'm the same! I always feel absolutely exhausted at about 6pm! First thing I do every evening when I get home is have a bath and have planned our dinners in advance so that are easy to prepare and don't require a huge amount of effort!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭DjangoMc

Merkin, I count myself blessed that I have a husband who loves cooking. I can cook but he prefers doing it.

I think i'm more exhausted as I can't eat that much. But I have noticed I can eat salty stuff and its lovely. Weird!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Best of luck to all the July 2014 mommas...

Try not to worry Shasha, I think every woman is different and everyone has their cross to bear, be it vomiting or acne or comedy boobs! Would you maybe discuss your skin with your doctor? I'm blessed with good skin but got a few spots on my chin a few weeks ago and I used Cetaphil moisturizer (you can get it in the chemist) and it cleared up a treat.

There is a cream I can get that I had before, must ask about it!

Really need to cop onto myself! My (kinda) sickness is still manifesting itself as finding lots of foods off putting. All that appeals most of the time is heavy carby fatty foods. So thats what I've been eating for a fortnight now. Haven't weighed myself in that time but I know I've piled on weigh quickly. Im not even that hungry or eating huge amounts, it has just been rubbish quality food :(

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    Really need to cop onto myself! My (kinda) sickness is still manifesting itself as finding lots of foods off putting. All that appeals most of the time is heavy carby fatty foods. So thats what I've been eating for a fortnight now. Haven't weighed myself in that time but I know I've piled on weigh quickly. Im not even that hungry or eating huge amounts, it has just been rubbish quality food :(

Ditto.
    Ditto ditto.
    Ditto.

Cereal, sandwiches (white bread with cheese, ham and mayo), pasta, garlic bread baguettes, crisps and salted crackers.
    That's all I'm able to manage, and fried rice with curry from the Chinese or a cheeseburger from the chipper. Made a lovely dinner here the other day with peppered stuffed steak, baby boiled potatoes and brussell sprouts with gravy and every bite made me feel ill. I was silly and forced it because I knew it was better than the alternative.

Still picking bits of sprout from my nose after getting sick :rolleyes:

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Ditto.
    Ditto ditto.
    Ditto.

Cereal, sandwiches (white bread with cheese, ham and mayo), pasta, garlic bread baguettes, crisps and salted crackers.
    That's all I'm able to manage, and fried rice with curry from the Chinese or a cheeseburger from the chipper. Made a lovely dinner here the other day with peppered stuffed steak, baby boiled potatoes and brussell sprouts with gravy and every bite made me feel ill. I was silly and forced it because I knew it was better than the alternative.

Still picking bits of sprout from my nose after getting sick :rolleyes:

So frustrating, every proper dinner I have cooked has been barely picked at then its straight to my husband to finish cos even having it in front of me turns my stomach! I think its the meat which is affecting me most. Maybe it's to do with cooking it? I'd probably eat anything if it was plated up to me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭WoollyWoman

Hey folks, how's it going? I'm due the 11th of July. Totally empathise with the upsidedown appetite...spent the last year or so losing 3 stone with Slimming World and now all I want to eat is bread, cheese, crisps and dreaming of quarter pounders! This is my first pregnancy and I've been very careful not to take any crazy risks re my fitness class or coming down the stairs etc...but earlier today I was sitting on the couch with my hubby, when the dog jumped up onto his lap, stumbled and poke her paw directly into my lower abdomen. After a lot of tears and panicking, I've calmed down now but it's hard not to worry :-(

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    I think its the meat which is affecting me most. !

I am exactly the same. I seem to be only able to eat really processed meat. Like hamburgers, slices of ham - that sort of stuff. Full on meat makes me queasy with every bite! And everyone told me it was veg I would go off!

Hey folks, how's it going? I'm due the 11th of July. Totally empathise with the upsidedown appetite...spent the last year or so losing 3 stone with Slimming World and now all I want to eat is bread, cheese, crisps and dreaming of quarter pounders! This is my first pregnancy and I've been very careful not to take any crazy risks re my fitness class or coming down the stairs etc...but earlier today I was sitting on the couch with my hubby, when the dog jumped up onto his lap, stumbled and poke her paw directly into my lower abdomen. After a lot of tears and panicking, I've calmed down now but it's hard not to worry :-(

Aww don't worry. I know something like that is obviously upsetting but bubba is well insulated and cosy in there so don't worry yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rose1000

Morning sickness finally kicked in and I am the same as some of the rest of you - cant bear the thoughts of anything except junk food! I feel so nauseous but have only actually vomited once which was in work. I am dreading going into work tomorrow as I keep on running to the bathroom every few minutes to dry wreck over the toilet! I would love to go to the doctor to get a note for some time off work but it comes in waves and no doubt if I go and see her in the morning I will be the picture of health! I was just wondering if anyone has told their employer yet?? I have told the HR manager but no one else including my supervisor / manager knows. It is getting a bit awkward as I feel that I have looked quite ill and have rang in sick twice and asked to go home early once over the last two weeks. They keep on asking my whats wrong with me and how am I feeling! Its getting frustrating!! Is anyone else having a similar experience in work?

• Advertisement

Im the same girls all I want to eat is crap, cooked a lovely roast dinner yesterday and couldn't eat st :-( this pregnancy is so different to my last all I wanted to eat was fruit and veg last time this time its crap and I have a mouth full of mouth ulsers :-(

Yeah rose I told my boss I work in a dental practice only 5of us work there, felt like I had to tell her before our christmas dinner coz she would notice that I wasn't drinking x

Im so sick of feeling sick now my bro in laws girlfriend is pregnant 2due in June and not a fecking thing wrong with her no symptoms nothing no sickness no spots no tiredness :-(

Advertisement