Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free channels on sky

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

tajom wrote: »
    what is setanta's e-mail address for this

This is what I used.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Contact-Us/

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tajom

thanks folks. will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 32870037

I requested a FTV card from Setanta using their contact page. The card arrived yesterday. It is a white SKY card. I placed it in an old Pace Sky SD box and I got the UK epg. Most of the popular channels are encrypted. The BBC's NI are clear however no ITV's. LFCTV, Viva, Motors UK and Sony are not cleared. I did not want the card to do the "card trick". I wanted to clear LFCTV etc. I rang Setanta at 10am and spoke to a gentleman who did not understand about the BAI Sound and Vision Scheme. After hanging on for seven minutes he came back and told me the card was activated. It did not clear anything and still had the UK epg after several reboots. I decided to leave it for four hours before calling Setanta again. By 3pm nothing had changed so I rang Setanta again. Spoke to a nice lady who said she would sort it out. She activated the card again but nothing changed. She then decided to pair the card to the box. I gave her the serial no. of the box. Hey presto the card activated immediately. I now have the Irish epg and LFCTV etc have cleared just in time to see Man U reserves draw with Liverpool reserves 2-2 live at Kirby. Happy days.

By the way I could not get the card to work in a MVISION 200 HD Combo. Any advice or help on this would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

The card came today and I have All the ch5 channels. I know because I havent registered it thats its not tied to any region. I want to try for ITVHD, even though its in my other channels I can't see it on the epg. Any ideas???

EDIT: I am talking about the card from Setanta..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

If you take out the card and restart it as far as I know you will get the UK epg ITV 1 2 3 4 etc.

For boxes that wont change the EPG....

You take out the card:
    Unplug the mains:
    Re-insert the card Backwards:
    Apply the mains power back to the box and wait for the box to initialise:

Thats it... for encrypted channels it will simple say "There is problem with your viewing card...." All other FTA channels will work fine with BBC1 on 101 and the rest to follow... ITV, Channel 4/5 etc...

• Advertisement

If you take out the card and restart it as far as I know you will get the UK epg ITV 1 2 3 4 etc.
    PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Not if it's a Sky HD box, AFAIK it doesn't change EPG when you remove the card
    Ok I stand corrected. Must have been a standard box my sister had and it worked on that.

@OneIdea I Was wrong in My earlier post. I have moved on a bit since the post and now got a card from Sentanta

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Just to confirm this card did not clear anything on Ariva 120 either

• Registered Users Posts: 45,819 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The card came today and I have All the ch5 channels. I know because I havent registered it thats its not tied to any region. I want to try for ITVHD, even though its in my other channels I can't see it on the epg. Any ideas???

EDIT: I am talking about the card from Setanta..
    Id suggest putting all the different regions of ITV HD in the other channels first and then do the card trick. If it works you will see what region you have and you can go back into the other channels again and remove the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Just to confirm this card did not clear anything on Ariva 120 either

I have the Freesat from $ky card in my Ariva. Clears Pick Tv, Pick TV +1, Sony & + 1, Motors TV & LFCTV. If you're not picking them up, try leavin the box on overnight. It might update in the Ariva & it will certainly update if left overnight in any $ky box. Mine did anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

I have the Freesat from $ky card in my Ariva. Clears Pick Tv, Pick TV +1, Sony & + 1, Motors TV & LFCTV. If you're not picking them up, try leavin the box on overnight. It might update in the Ariva & it will certainly update if left overnight in any $ky box. Mine did anyway.

I was referring to Setanta sourced card - clears only FTA on Setanta channela as far as I can make out on Ariva 120

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Eric Isherwood

32870037 wrote: »
    I requested a FTV card from Setanta using their contact page. The card arrived yesterday. It is a white SKY card. I placed it in an old Pace Sky SD box and I got the UK epg. Most of the popular channels are encrypted. The BBC's NI are clear however no ITV's. LFCTV, Viva, Motors UK and Sony are not cleared. I did not want the card to do the "card trick". I wanted to clear LFCTV etc. I rang Setanta at 10am and spoke to a gentleman who did not understand about the BAI Sound and Vision Scheme. After hanging on for seven minutes he came back and told me the card was activated. It did not clear anything and still had the UK epg after several reboots. I decided to leave it for four hours before calling Setanta again. By 3pm nothing had changed so I rang Setanta again. Spoke to a nice lady who said she would sort it out. She activated the card again but nothing changed. She then decided to pair the card to the box. I gave her the serial no. of the box. Hey presto the card activated immediately. I now have the Irish epg and LFCTV etc have cleared just in time to see Man U reserves draw with Liverpool reserves 2-2 live at Kirby. Happy days.

By the way I could not get the card to work in a MVISION 200 HD Combo. Any advice or help on this would be appreciated.

Hi Have you got all Channel 5's ITV etc???

When you say Irish EPG do you have RTE and TV3?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hi Have you got all Channel 5's ITV etc???

The 5's and ITV's are FTA. No need for a card unless you want some of the HD versions.

I have the Irish EPG. RTE etc are not cleared. They are subscription channels on the SKY platform. I was only after LFCTV etc.

I have the Irish EPG. RTE etc are not cleared. They are subscription channels on the SKY platform. I was only after LFCTV etc.

cool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Guys I got the white card this morning from Setanta, I put it into the SD box and nothing has changed either with the card in or out all channels the same, what am I doing wrong here any help appreciated, should I phone Sky or Setanta.

I have been using a NI FTV card to do the card trick but wanted ITVhd and ITV+1 also wanted BBC at the top of EPG so ordered a Setanta card, I got it this morning. I did not kill power on the box just put card in which let me keep UTV on 103 , I was able to add bbc to the top of Epg and ITV+1 but cant get ITV hd. Has anyone been able to add ITVhd using this card

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

dogtoffee wrote: »
    I have been using a NI FTV card to do the card trick but wanted ITVhd and ITV+1 also wanted BBC at the top of EPG so ordered a Setanta card, I got it this morning. I did not kill power on the box just put card in which let me keep UTV on 103 , I was able to add bbc to the top of Epg and ITV+1 but cant get ITV hd. Has anyone been able to add ITVhd using this card

Nope, I've added all the other ITVs, Channle 4HD and Channel 5s but no ITV1Hd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

A question for those with an unauthorized Setanta card, what BBC1 and ITV variant does it put on the EPG?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

gtg60 wrote: »
    A question for those with an unauthorized Setanta card, what BBC1 and ITV variant does it put on the EPG?

When you insert unauthorized card the epg defaults to the sky uk default epg. ie, BBC1 London and BBC2 England. ITV Central at 103.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

I currently use a sky freesat card. i ordered one of them setanta cards last night and received an email saying its in the post.
    Will I get any more channels with the Setanta card, can anyone let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

When I put my card in nothing changed, all channels stayed where they were with card in or out that is in my old Sky SD box, it tells me to contact Sky to authorise the card that I got from Setanta.

Aerohead wrote: »
    When I put my card in nothing changed, all channels stayed where they were with card in or out that is in my old Sky SD box, it tells me to contact Sky to authorise the card that I got from Setanta.

See post #34 in this thread.

It will clear LFCTV, Viva, Sony, Sony +1 and Motors TV when authorised by Setanta. Most of the popular channels you will have to tune in "Other channels".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,656 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

What region are these Setanta FTV cards?

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    What region are these Setanta FTV cards?

My ITV1 is saying ITV1 CentralW.

Can't get ITVHD on178 even though its in other channels. Have everything else tuned in no problem. Anyone any Ideas how to get ITVHD on the epg. I tried deleting them (had two in other channels) and retuning them but I still cant see ITVHD on the EPG.

My ITV1 is saying ITV1 CentralW.

Can't get ITVHD on178 even though its in other channels. Have everything else tuned in no problem. Anyone any Ideas how to get ITVHD on the epg. I tried deleting them (had two in other channels) and retuning them but I still cant see ITVHD on the EPG.
    Just like UTV for example your CentralW may not be HD yet. There's a bucket load of ITV regions available but there's only around 4 or 5 of the regions available on HD as far as I know.

muffler wrote: »
    Just like UTV for example your CentralW may not be HD yet. There's a bucket load of ITV regions available but there's only around 4 or 5 of the regions available on HD as far as I know.
    I know what your saying m8 but when the card is in you can get ITVhd on 178
    there is one I can't tune in it's most likely that.

ITV hd
    v
    8/9

dogtoffee wrote: »
    I know what your saying m8 but when the card is in you can get ITVhd on 178
    there is one I can't tune in it's most likely that.

ITV hd
    v
    8/9
    That would be ITV 1 Meridian South East HD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

It's quite weird actually, I've had unactivated UK Sky cards before and they always had BBC1 London, ITV Central West and clear version of ITV HD :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

May be a silly question but does the box need to be connected to a phone line when activating the card?

Advertisement