Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Audit Elective FAE 2012

• 12-01-2012 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭

I have to repeat the audit elective and was wondering if somebody could put up a timetable for Dublin and if possible the notes before each lecture.

I don't feel the revision course would be that good as it is only 2 days, whereas there are 5 days on the main course and as they don't check ID on the way in I think it would be easy enough to attend the main course lectures.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Peanut_M

kitten_k wrote: »
    I have to repeat the audit elective and was wondering if somebody could put up a timetable for Dublin and if possible the notes before each lecture.

I don't feel the revision course would be that good as it is only 2 days, whereas there are 5 days on the main course and as they don't check ID on the way in I think it would be easy enough to attend the main course lectures.

Have to say I agree, two days of a revision course is woeful considering we failed the first time round!

A timetable would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Peanut M - I am going to try and borrow a friends login details, if I can I will post a timetable and the relevant notes as they become available.

Peanut M - I am going to try and borrow a friends login details, if I can I will post a timetable and the relevant notes as they become available.

Thanks kitten_k :)

Any luck so far ??

Peanut_M wrote: »
    Thanks kitten_k :)

Any luck so far ??

Yea I got them but the audit elective timetable isn't out yet, itis being released on the 27th Jan. According to the website the lectures don't start until March.

http://www.charteredaccountants.ie/PageFiles/83843/FAE%202011%20Notice%20-%20October%2024%202011.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭tomfoolery60

I'd be very surprised if the CAI make that deadline, given past performance.

• Advertisement

I'd be very surprised if the CAI make that deadline, given past performance.

I know they are so unreliable!

Hmm March, seems like ages away but isn't really!

I should really start studying for this too - sigh

The timetables should be out today, got this from CAI:

Dear Student,

Please be advised your first Advanced Auditing and Assurance lecture is scheduled for Sunday March 4th 2012. Your full timetable will be available by close of business next Monday February 6th 2012. We apologise for the delay.

Kind regards,

FAE

Timetable is now available :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭mrduffy

is the delivery and schedule report for lectures out ? I had this first for fae core before timetable i think

• Advertisement

mrduffy wrote: »
    is the delivery and schedule report for lectures out ? I had this first for fae core before timetable i think

This is what is in the course material section of the student centre but it says 2010-2011 - so unless there has been no changes to it.

I doubt it they will use the 2010 - 2011, they must still be working it. I have that so I was not sure if their was some thing wrong with my course delivery

Wouldn't put it past them using the same document and just being too lazy to change the years!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Clanno

Wouldn't put it past them using the same document and just being too lazy to change the years!

does anyone have the Tax elective Timetable ?

kitten do you accountancy ireland email for jan 2012 and feb 2012, i would like to see what i need to read

Sorry I don't, I thought I had but I seem to have deleted it. There was no issue for jan 2012, the first 2012 issue was Feb.

Maybe if you contact them they can tell you. If you find out can you please let me know.

they put it up on website

mrduffy wrote: »
    they put it up on website

Do you have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PattyMayo

Hi,
    I am also repeating the Audit elective this year. I was just wondering if any1 has the timetable for the lectures in Limerick??

• Advertisement

Thanks Mrduffy

Here is the new Planning & Delivery Schedule.

I have the notes for session 1 & 2 but they are too big to upload, I will try to seperate them and attached them sometime this week.

There is a new audit elective book written by Louise Kelly. I spoke to the Institute and this book will be available to buy online next week for those people who are registered for exam only

im okay kitten i am up to date

Here is the new Planning & Delivery Schedule.

I have the notes for session 1 & 2 but they are too big to upload, I will try to seperate them and attached them sometime this week.

There is a new audit elective book written by Louise Kelly. I spoke to the Institute and this book will be available to buy online next week for those people who are registered for exam only

Thanks Kitten k! Glad to hear there's a new audit elective book .. would really appreciate the session 1 & 2 notes as I missed the lecture .. was it any good?

Also, I can't find the revision timetable online, the version I have says that a revision lecture was to be confirmed for Saturday 10 March, does anyone know anything about this??

Thanks Kitten k! Glad to hear there's a new audit elective book .. would really appreciate the session 1 & 2 notes as I missed the lecture .. was it any good?

Also, I can't find the revision timetable online, the version I have says that a revision lecture was to be confirmed for Saturday 10 March, does anyone know anything about this??

Here you go.

There has also been changes to the student technical handbook, I am going to see if I can get a copy of the contents page to see if much has changed before buying the new one as I have the old one all marked up.

If anybody has the new book and can put up the new contents page it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for those Kitten k! I don't suppose you or anyone has the notes for session 3 and 4 on Sunday??

Thanks for those Kitten k! I don't suppose you or anyone has the notes for session 3 and 4 on Sunday??

Here you go. Don't forget the lecture is in NCI and that the clocks go forward on Saturday night.

Here you go. Don't forget the lecture is in NCI and that the clocks go forward on Saturday night.

I had forgotten both of those things! Thanks!

No problem, I have to leave early on Sunday morning to get the bus as the Luas is out of action

• Advertisement

I missed Session 1&2 Group 1 for the audit elective. Are all the other Group's Session 1&2 over?

Wasn't going to bother finding out but think I should after yesterday's lecture :eek:

Advertisement