Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheltenham preview nights

• 01-12-2011 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Probaldy a bit early ,but,any dates and venues decided yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Make A Stand

Waterford Cheltenham Preview night on Thursday, March 1st in Woodlands Hotel. Fantastic night. Has been running since 2007..getting better and better.

Panel to be confirmed in the next couple of weeks....

Davy Russell last year ....Cheltenian will win the bumper.....as simple as that. he did of course at 14/1....happy days

:p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

I'm a fan of Russell at preview meeting...He mentions Cue Card for the bumper before @ 50/1 :eek: of course I never backed it :mad:

I'll be missing out on the preview nights as I'll be in Oz but will ye write a quick report on them please lads :o

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Catherine Power

Good luck in Oz.

Will be going to preview evening in Woodlands Hotel so will post the selections on March 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭woodlands

donaghmore ashbourne gaa club in conjunction with the arkle memorial statue fund host another very popular cheltenham preview night on fri 2nd march @ 8pm.rte racings tony o hehir is the compere for the night and a panel of local racing legends : trainer jim dreaper,jockey andrew lynch,star newspaper columinist brian flanagan and other special guests (to be confirmed at a later date)tickets only €20 including a free bet with sponsors bambury bookmakers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

gudede wrote: »
    I'm a fan of Russell at preview meeting...He mentions Cue Card for the bumper before @ 50/1 :eek: of course I never backed it :mad:

I'll be missing out on the preview nights as I'll be in Oz but will ye write a quick report on them please lads :o

Davy is a great at the preview night, very funny and not scared to stick his neck out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pingedthelast

The Westmanstown preview night is on Wed 29th Feb according to their website.
    No mention of lineup or tickets yet

Panel for Waterford Cheltenham Preview is now confirmed and is as follows

John Francome, Jim McGrath (Channel 4), Nick Luck, Mike Cattermole, Noel O'Brien, Tom Segal aka Pricewise, Jessica Harrington, Ted Walsh Davy Russell and Hayley O'Connor of Ladbrokes, who are the sponsors.

Woodlands Hotel,Waterford, Thursday, March 1st at 8pm

Tickets €20, will be available shortly.

Proceeds to Vincent de Paul and Waterford Branch of Alzheimers Society.

as anyone who has seen Francome in action over the last few year's he's worth the admission price on his own!!!!!

Promises to be another great night , not to be misssed

Hayley O'Connor of Ladbrokes

I would pay the admission to be in the same room as Hayley :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Same people every year is getting boring.

Ruby, Nicholls, Geraghty, Henderson, Mullins or Hobbs would be nice.

Hayley o' Connor is new , Jessica Harrington is new, Jim mcgrath is new and
    Tom Segal only joined the panel last year.

John Francome and Davy Russell are hugely popular and are there every year because that's what the 700 or so that attend every year say they want!!!!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

John Francome and Davy Russell are hugely popular and are there every year because that's what the 700 or so that attend every year say they want!!!!:o

Hayley will be eye candy only. She'll offer nothing more than what someone else has written down from her. That's all she could do at one in Leopardstown last year.

Francome is well worth listening to. He was all over Long Run and Junior last year. Jessie is as honest as the day is long so would be worth listening to. Davy is popular as he spouts an unmerciful amount of rubbish to entertain the crowd. If he told me the sky was blue I'd find myself having to look up to double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Id rather see people who have some meaningful runners or rides myself like the people I mentioned.

Segal's been there twice I think but hes the one I like hearing from the most.

Yeah I understand the masses are entertained by Francome and Russell so you have to keep getting them back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Make A Stand

I was at the waterford preview last year and got three winners from Davy Russell.

he was adamant Hurricane Fly would win the champion hurdle, so adamant he promised he'd wear a waterford jersey at this year's preview if HF didn't win.

He also gave Cheltenian to win the bumper, no hesitation when asked he simpy said that Cheltenian would win the bumper. I backed him at 14/1 and had a nice pay day on wednesday. Definitely wouldn't have gone for that on my own. He also gave First Lieutenant...
    Anyone who goes to preview nights expecting to get 20 winners if off their head but if you listen carefully you might get a couple at a nice price that you wouldn't have backed yourself.......and it's a good night out, for charity!!!!

Davy was at the Westmanstown night last year and I thought he was brilliant, great fun and gave a few winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rebelabu

Anyone have any info on any preview nights in Cork or Limerick this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Thank god no Justin Carthy in waterford this year, guy makes me hate life

Ladbrokes in as sponsors this year in waterford....hence Hayley O'Connor in instead of Justin Carthy.

Nice to see females represented on panel in Waterford this year.
    will be interesting to hear what Jessica Harrington has to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MassDeb8r

Hayley is some woman :) they should have a female-only night somewhere, Tanya Stevenson could host, I'd buy that for a dollar

MassDeb8r wrote: »
    Hayley is some woman :) they should have a female-only night somewhere, Tanya Stevenson could host, I'd buy that for a dollar

Hayley, Jessie Harrington, Venetia Williams, Nina and Katie, along with Tanya! Would be something different at least ;)

Maybe you could throw in Henrietta Knight while you were at it or would she not fit the profile!!!!!:confused:

• Advertisement

Maybe you could throw in Henrietta Knight while you were at it or would she not fit the profile!!!!!:confused:

Plenty of room for the Hen ;)

We could get Tanya s to be MC . She wouldn't have to put up with that big oaf calling her female all the time. ( What a horrible person Mc C is :mad:)

Where would be find the female equivalent of John Francome though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

[QUOTE

Where would be find the female equivalent of John Francome though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Jenny Pitman

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

No harm to let us know here

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Perhaps these two forum threads can be joined together somehow?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

amadain wrote: »
    Perhaps these two forum threads can be joined together somehow?

No need. The other thread was 4 years old! :rolleyes:

Jenny Pitman!!!!!!!!!

I don't think so ......Francome is good looking and sexy....
    Jenny is???????????

Just to let you know the prizes for the Cheltenham Preview night in the Woodlands Hotel are:

1. VIP day for four at Punchestown Festival

2. Overnight accomodation for two at the Cliff House Hotel, Ardmore plus dinner

3. A year's membership of Woodlands Leisure centre.

4. Fourball at Capella Golf resort , Castlemartyr, Co. Cork.

5. Luxury Hamper from Ardkeen Stores.
    Proceeds of the night are in aid of Alzheimer's Association, Waterford Branch and Vincent de Paul.

If u can't go maybe buy a ticket to support the charities and have a chance to win some great prizes!!!!!!

convert wrote: »
    No need. The other thread was 4 years old! :rolleyes:

Amadain by name :pac:

I attacked the name by the way :D

• Advertisement

I don't think so ......Francome is good looking and sexy....

Calm down female :pac:

Advertisement