Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OakRidge Airsoft

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 OakRidgeAirsoft

Dear Airsofters.
    Thank you for all the support. I hope to see you all over the weekend. Please find the requested info below

OakRidge Airsoft Update:

Google Earth Reference:
    Latitude: 53°14'23.37"N
    Longitude: 6°29'5.79"W

Google Earth Map

Google Earth Map.jpg

Picture

DSCF3107-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,715 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Is this the new Grey wolf airsoft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 barnakil bill

hey lads how about some directions as in what roads to take and landmarks:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

Is it all built cover?
    What size is the site?
    Bios or normal bbs?
    Is there lunch facilities or bring your own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JACK5225

I changed the easting northing co ordinates in to degrees minutes seconds yesterday and got N53 14 32.198 E6 29 33.681
    I went to that point with sat nav but couldnt find it

Any Help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,715 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Google Earth Reference:
    Latitude: 53°14'23.37"N
    Longitude: 6°29'5.79"W
    JACK5225 wrote: »
    I changed the easting northing co ordinates in to degrees minutes seconds yesterday and got N53 14 32.198 E6 29 33.681
    I went to that point with sat nav but couldnt find it

Any Help?

;)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=53%C2%B014%2723.37%22N++6%C2%B029%275.79%22W&sll=53.260254,-7.087328&sspn=0.027057,0.017166&ie=UTF8&ll=53.240256,-6.482792&spn=0.02707,0.049868&z=14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JACK5225

i drove by those co ordinates yesterday aswell and it wasn't there

these co-ordinates were provided by the Ordance survey who did an on site inspection, however it seems they are not compatible with standard GPS, I am awaiting the revised format.
    simple directions:
    TAKE EXIT 4 OFF THE N7, PROCEED THROUGH RATHCOOLE VILLAGE,HANG A LEFT AT THE TOP OF THE TOWN JUST BEFORE THE POTIN STILL, PROCEED STRAIGHT UP THE KILTEEL ROAD.
    YOU WILL COME TO A CROSS ROADS APX 2 MILES UP THE ROAD AFTER CALLIGSTOWN RIDDING SCHOOL, SIGNPOSTS FOR PDM/RONKCABIN TO THE RIGHT,YOU TURN LEFT.
    FOLLOW THE ROAD UP THE HILL APX 1.5 MILE,YOU WILL COME TO A 90 DEGREE LEFT BEND (THE OLD CITYWEST QUARRY IS IN FRONT OF YOU).
    AFTER THIS BEND ON THE LEFT ARE 2 STEEL GATES WITH AN AVENUE LEADING DOWN TO THE SITE.
    THERE WILL BE A FLAG/SIGN ON THE GATE SATURDAY MORNING.

skapegoat wrote: »
    Is it all built cover?
    What size is the site?
    Bios or normal bbs?
    Is there lunch facilities or bring your own?
    The site is apx 3-4 acres at present, within a 46 acre plot (plenty of room to expand when required).
    At present we will run with all bb's however going foward we may change to bios only, there is a lot of wildlife in the area.
    both will be available for sale on site at the weekend.
    cover: there a a number of timber structures on site along with forestry, trenches, sand bags etc.
    Lunch? there will be a full shop provided on site at 2pm daily providing sandwiches, refreshments etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Dr. Shredder

JACK5225 wrote: »
    i drove by those co ordinates yesterday aswell and it wasn't there
    maybe it changes location mysteriously every so often like the island on LOST :pac:

• Advertisement

you'll probibly have some R.A.T.S down your way on sunday, if only they had some coordinates!!!!
    That would be great guys, look foward to seeing you there, sorry for the confusion with the co-ordinates again,
    please see directions below:

TAKE EXIT 4 OFF THE N7, PROCEED THROUGH RATHCOOLE VILLAGE,HANG A LEFT AT THE TOP OF THE TOWN JUST BEFORE THE POTIN STILL, PROCEED STRAIGHT UP THE KILTEEL ROAD.
    YOU WILL COME TO A CROSS ROADS APX 2 MILES UP THE ROAD AFTER CALLIGSTOWN RIDDING SCHOOL, SIGNPOSTS FOR PDM/RONKCABIN TO THE RIGHT,YOU TURN LEFT.
    FOLLOW THE ROAD UP THE HILL APX 1.5 MILE,YOU WILL COME TO A 90 DEGREE LEFT BEND (THE OLD CITYWEST QUARRY IS IN FRONT OF YOU).
    AFTER THIS BEND ON THE LEFT ARE 2 STEEL GATES WITH AN AVENUE LEADING DOWN TO THE SITE.
    THERE WILL BE A FLAG/SIGN ON THE GATE SATURDAY MORNING.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 tmason

see you on Sunday - hopefully :)

Here is some revised co ordinates that we took on site today. Hope they work for you guys.

53 14" - 24" north

6 29" 03" west

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

i know the area well, should be there with the team..any other teams playing there tomorrow?

i know the area well, should be there with the team..any other teams playing there tomorrow?

Thats great, look foward to seeing you all then, we have had a lot of interest for Sunday & Monday, expect a good turn out, looking foward to your comments/suggestions on the site tomorrow.
    some new images attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Hey John......looking to try and get down for Monday with at least 1 other in tow. Hope to see you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

Do we book rentals through boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭AUDIE MURPHY

any photos of the site.. what way is the site with all the rain this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 CoBurN

I'll try get up to ye's tomorrow as I've only been to the warehouse....once! Maybe with the new surroundings the FNG wont get his ass kicked.........quite so bad as on well stomped dirt:D

Yea guy's if you are looking for rentals this weekend just let me know through Boards. Hopefully next weekend there will be rentals available on site. In regards to the rain this week. The site has held it's own to be honest! Obviously in parts it has got a bit mucky. But over all it's ready for some serious action! ;)

• Advertisement

just home now...where to start...first of all big congrats to Eoin, fantastic site, superbly ran and a total gentleman..thanks to the 2 marshals as well, stephen and paul, hope they enjoyed their first taste of airsoft

the site is amazing, brilliant cover, top class structures, trench system is deadly and sniper valley is some of the best woodland playin ground ive seen...mobile lunch service comes on site as well with a great selection

games were free flowing, no hanging around...all in all, a brilliant site and a great day

the RATS will be back next sunday in greater numbers

this is definately a site to be played and easy to find as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

anyone got any pictures??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

You guys open tomorrow?

anyone got any pictures??

toher should have some, he took a few today and i think eoin got a few as well

Firstly... A big thanks to the Rats for a great day. It's always a pleasure with you guys and I know there is always going to be some top notch airsoft played when the Rats go into action. Also a big shout out to the newbies who were up with us today. You guys rocked. . . Yea lads we are open tomorrow for some more action. All are welcome and I'm expecting a good turn out. I should have some pictures of the site up in the next few days. Thanks again to all the lads who were up today!

Eoin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 adamkane1962

howya eoin ah what can i say great site really is loved the layout of it towers and bases are great cheers 4 the great days airsofting

4 anyone who is a keen airsofter this site is up there with the best of them really is, with great games and marshalling and a good bunch of lads aswell defo be back so hope to see ye soon eoin

the RATS will be back in oakridge next sunday with greater numbers ;)...this is definately a must play site for all airsofters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Rat squad

lads the rats had a great day on this site today, big thanks to eoin and the marshals,this site is up there with one of the best ,
    the sniper valley is a brill snipers playground , the towers ,the tents the jeeps the trenches and the sandbag bunkers all tie well into each other, and the games just flow at a nice pace,
    This is certaainly gonna be a regular for us.

EOIN is a really nice guy to deal with and takes on board any positIve input
    A LOT OF EFFORT THAT WILL PAYOFF. .
    a must see and try site, this site was not just thrown together with cheap materials, and the best use of tyres ive seen yet.
    cheers
    paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 CoBurN

Do you guys have any spare masks on site tomorrow per chance? I'm lending a gun to a mate but only have one mesh face mask?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

What is the age limit and also will you be setting up a website anytime soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement