Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best shoe for forefoot striker

• 22-08-2014 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Hi all! I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice/opinion on a suitable shoe for an over pronator who is a forefoot striker i.e. me! I'm due a new pair and am also dealing with achilles issues!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice/opinion on a suitable shoe for an over pronator who is a forefoot striker i.e. me! I'm due a new pair and am also dealing with achilles issues!

For forefoot striker generally a lower profile shoe works better, ie. lower heel to toe height as the mechanics of the shoe allows you to get on the mid to forefoot without having to force your gait to clear the heel.

Secondary to this though, a lower heel to toe may aggravate achilles issues arising from calf tightness due to forefoot running so may be worth looking at / speaking to a physio.

If the achilles is flaring up due to you 'forcing' a clear heel in a traditional shoe it may settle down in a suitable low profile option.

Depending on the cause / effect something like the Saucony Mirage could work nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Cheers AKW! Have looked at the mirage before but was a bit afraid that it mightn't be so durable.

Advertisement