Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car seat cover

• 11-08-2014 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭

I bought one of these a bit back that said it was waterproof. Well it wasn't. Was expensive. Looking for one that is hard wearing and is waterproof. Does anyone use these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I bought a seat liner for my van. It was from a motor factors and while it's not waterproof it is oil resistant and has put up with my sweaty back after events without any issue to the seats. Check with a mechanic, ideally a digger or truck mechanic and see what they use, they're going to be the best seat covers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

I got some cheap ones from Halfords. Does the job.

If I'm really destroyed, I usually throw on some waterproof trousers for the drive home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭rom

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    I got some cheap ones from Halfords. Does the job.

If I'm really destroyed, I usually throw on some waterproof trousers for the drive home.

That is where I got mine and its not waterproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Nothing like a wet arse to wake you up on the way to work next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭rom

So after lots of searching "Billabong Seat Cover" seems like the ticket. http://www.doubleoverhead.co.uk/billabong-seat-cover and use parcel motel to save on shipping.

I wanted something that didn't look dreadful. Was waterproof. Easy to put on and off. Didn't block seat airbags.

• Advertisement
Advertisement