Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

using android wear watch as sports watch

Options
  • 07-08-2014 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭

Hi. Just looking for advice.

I use my phone (android) for running with map my run. I'd like to get a heart rate monitor and be able to connect its data to the map my run app on my phone.

I've been thinking recently that I'd like to get one of the new android wear devices (moto 360 when it comes out). Just wondering if the watch can be used to record all the data for map my run app in a simple way or if I'm better off getting a dedicated Bluetooth hrm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Much better off with a Bluetooth HRM. I used to have a polar one which worked fine.

Much more reliable than measuring heart rate from the wrist.

Advertisement