Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspicious activity - illegal trespassing - casing houses

• 10-11-2013 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭

Hello,

if you live in Mountmellick, or indeed surrounding areas, such as Portarlington, Portlaoise, Tullamore etc, be aware that there is a man and woman casing properties for one can only assume burglaries.

The individual in question was in my back garden (locked gate, 6 ft walls, therefore illegally so) and was interrupted by vigilant neighbours. The man is in his 30's, he was driven by a big, fat woman of similar age, there 'may' have been a child in the rear and the vehicle in question is registered to Tallaght but may be local to Laois. So you might say he likes to 'travel'.

Ford Focus 1.6 Ghia. Red or green. Saloon 00CN3380.

May you be luckier than me and catch him in your back garden. Politically correct soft types need not reply: - just ring the Gardaí if it should unfortunately happen to you. I will legitimately use the amended law to defend mine and change his outlook.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,562 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Have you a TEXT ALERT communication system in your area?
    If so, the local Community Alert groups could relay such information around the locality within minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Have you a TEXT ALERT communication system in your area?
    If so, the local Community Alert groups could relay such information around the locality within minutes.

For security reasons I won't comment on Mountmellick but yes I have passed this info on for re-broadcast on a number of text alert systems, one of which I subscribe to in neighbouring Tullamore.

Advertisement