Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Easy e-commerce website

Options
  • 17-10-2013 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi i have to build a small e-commerce website for a college project 4 - 5 pages.

I am new CMS so can anyone tell me an easy CMS software to work with for this project.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I think that WordPress CMS with the WooCommerce plugin is easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mark8511

daymobrew wrote: »
    I think that WordPress CMS with the WooCommerce plugin is easy.

yes go with wordpress and you can find some free themes which will ease your work.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

OpenCart is a dedicated shopping cart solution that's simple to use may be another option.. It obviously has CMS capabilities like about, contact etc. pages but wouldn't be a full fledged CMS either if that is a requirement for your project

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

have you to build it or just just an existing engine.?

what course are you doing? what languages are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Double Oh Oh

Hello there,

I could build one for you. Just PM me if you're interested.

~ Double Oh Oh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ThrowinShapes

I gave this a quick go, and it seems pretty solid https://tictail.com/
    Plus, it's free :)

Seems better to work with something designed to be e-commerce rather than adapting to it, so the core requirements work out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭thelad84

Thanks for the replies lads. Some good suggestions thanks.

Advertisement