Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Old Republic - Trial

• 06-03-2012 4:26pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, Bioware are now offering 7 day trials to people. I can invite up to 3 people if anyone fancy's giving the game a go.

Any takers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Same here anyone want in?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DesperateCry

I can invite, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

Was considering buying this but a trial might be a better option, that's if nobody minds pming me the invite

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DesperateCry

It seems I do need an email to be able to send invites.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

for the weekend trial this weekend do you have to buy the game does anyone know or does it download and then delete afterwards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Almost certainly download, and just stop letting you log in after time is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

25gb....holy sh1t thats a lot, dont know if it will be downloaded before the trial weekend if over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

25gb....holy sh1t thats a lot, dont know if it will be downloaded before the trial weekend if over.

sign up to the trial with an invite and you get 14 days to activate it. Before activating it allows you to download and patch fully and actually advises you not to activate until you are ready to play.

Source: I signed up on Monday (then got hit with server maint on Tuesday:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

should the offer still stand in the first two weeks of april I'd love to (it's Easter Holidays then for me, meaning lots of time :D)
    Thanks a lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

I gotta say fair play to Bioware for the trial so soon after the game out, after hearing all sorts about the game from other mmo fans i just sorta kept my money and kept playing wow, but i've been feeling really lackluster about wow for ages. I think i will be subbing after the trial is over :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im a big fan of warcraft with a current on-going year's subscription in order to get dialblo 3 for free. I wasnt sure about The star wars mmo so decided to download it over the weekend, unfortunately it took almost the entire weekend to download it and only got around to playing it yesterday evening for a few hours. I really enjoyed it, the story is explained much better than it is in wow because each quest has a cutscene and the quest is read out to you instead of you reading text like ye do in wow. This makes the questing far more interesting and holds the story much better. I will definitely be buying a copy of this game soon and taking up a subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

PM sent. Would love an invite.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sent you the invite there. Should be with you in a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Addsy

Please please is there anyone who could send me a 7 day trial? Didn't manage to catch the free to play weekend and would love to try it out! Anyone who could provide me one please email me: Addsy@live.co.uk

Massive thanks in advance to anyone who could take the time to send me one, I will be forever grateful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Addsy

Or PM if that's easier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Kiith you're a legend. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

If anyone has any invites lying around I'd love to give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rhavin

Same here, would love to try this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

I'd love a trial invite if anyone has any spare :)

PM me and I'll give you my e-mail.

I got an email of a free trial to get Legacy things ?? Not really interested to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I got an email of a free trial to get Legacy things ?? Not really interested to be honest.

Got that too,
    " We are so excited about Game Update 1.2: Legacy, that we are offering you a limited time opportunity to come back and play at no charge* until April 20, 11:59PM CDT / April 20, 4:59AM GMT. Plus, reactivate your former account by April 22, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT, to get the in-game Legacy reward: the Legacy Tauntaun Pet**!"

The free Tauntaun pet is tempting :rolleyes: , but I think I'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got it as well and i'm started playing again this evening, the trial started a while before the email notification arrived.

The worst thing is , i love star wars. Again , if i were to get an email to play Galaxies, i would probably do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭farreca

anybody looking for an invite just drop me a pm with your email address, I have plenty of them left.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

Any chance of an invite?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭farreca

Surion wrote: »
    Any chance of an invite?

Invite on its way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Can someone throw me a free trial please?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

anyone have an invite to spare?

I'd love to try it out before buying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

PM me your email and I'll fire you one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I've invite too if anyone wants one. Now is the perfect time, lots of highly populated servers again.

Advertisement