Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    £30 - be rude not too :D, have a couple of pairs of pure connect that have been relegated to grass and trails.

s-l500.jpg

What runs would you typically use the Pureflows for?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

healy1835 wrote: »
    What runs would you typically use the Pureflows for?

Think they are mid weight from what I'm used to (250-260 grams), reasonable amount of cushioning.

So I will expect to use for bog standard mid mileage and recovery runs.

Think they are mid weight from what I'm used to (250-260 grams), reasonable amount of cushioning.

So I will expect to use for bog standard mid mileage and recovery runs.

Would they be a massive upheaval from the Ghost series? They've been my bog standard mileage shoe.....

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've been wearing GT-2000s for the last 3 or 4 years also and have never paid over €100 for them. Actually the latest pair I bought last month on Amazon for around €90. Shop around online and you'll definitely come in cheaper than Elverys

Agreed - the other half wears the same shoes and with a bit of scouting I generally find his shoes for non-silly prices (he's the ridiculously common size 10 as well!).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I found them for €93 on one website but haven't figured out yet if they charge extra for delivery. I'll browse the shops in Limerick tomorrow anyway to see what other options are available in the short term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Tried out the Kinvara 8s today. Lovely soft feel to 'em. Funny thing is when they arrived a couple of days ago and I tried them on I wasn't that impressed. They felt tight. I stuffed the T shirt into one and the light running jacket into the other today. In the end they were lovely and responsive. Might even try 'em in next marathon. Will give them a couple of outings before that.

Would they be a massive upheaval from the Ghost series? They've been my bog standard mileage shoe.....

I'm not familiar with the Ghost, but the Brooks Pure project was aimed at moving towards a more natural feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Can’t believe I missed that :( did some mountain races in pureconnects and they are so light...

I've been wearing GT-2000s for the last 3 or 4 years also and have never paid over €100 for them. Actually the latest pair I bought last month on Amazon for around €90. Shop around online and you'll definitely come in cheaper than Elverys

https://pricespy.co.uk/product.php?p=4045228

Hit £60 in July and Oct, might be worth signing up to some Black Friday (Nov 24) alerts.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I did a circuit of the sports shops around Limerick City this morning and eventually picked up a pair of Asics Gel Pursuit 3 in Gleeson's. It was the last pair in my size in the shop so they were down from €140 to €79. Not exactly the same as what I had, but they'll do nicely for the next 6 months before I start running 21km again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

MrSkinny wrote: »
    Here: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/profeetoutlet/

It's the online outlet of a bricks & mortar store from London so should be genuine stuff.
    Thanks for the Link.

Just bought a pair of Brooks Ravenna for 41 euros off these..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Coming up to 1500km's in my current shoes. Still trying to find a cheap pair of Kinavaras or fastwitch in 10.5 or 11.

Is the ride a similar shoe?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

RasTa wrote: »
    Coming up to 1500km's in my current shoes. Still trying to find a cheap pair of Kinavaras or fastwitch in 10.5 or 11.

Is the ride a similar shoe?

Breakthru would be closer to the Kinvara. There were cheap Kinvras on ASOS last week by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Anyone got new Brooks Ghost 10? They getting good reviews. Thinking of getting them or Pegassus 34. Thanks

kave2 wrote: »
    Anyone got new Brooks Ghost 10? They getting good reviews. Thinking of getting them or Pegassus 34. Thanks

On my 2nd pair at the moment, a great shoe. What have you been running in?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

kave2 wrote: »

On my 2nd pair at the moment, a great shoe. What have you been running in?
    Currently Adidas Supernova.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭Jude13

Got a pair of new balance fresh foam yessterday in sale. I have been asics man for years but I have gotten blisters where my arch meets the ball of my foot recently so thought Id changed.

Training for the DXB marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ultrawoman

Hi there
    I am looking for a pair of racing shoes. I've owned 2 types previously: Brooks St5s and Puma Faas somethingorother. I loved the Brooks, but hated the Faas. So, it's a few years since I ran in the Brooks and am wondering if the newer version of the St5 is as good as it was?
    Advice appreciated, thanks. I have an AK voucher for 140 euros so nice budget!

Edit: open to suggestions for other brands. Shoes would be used for anything up to marathon distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

ultrawoman wrote: »
    Hi there
    I am looking for a pair of racing shoes. I've owned 2 types previously: Brooks St5s and Puma Faas somethingorother. I loved the Brooks, but hated the Faas. So, it's a few years since I ran in the Brooks and am wondering if the newer version of the St5 is as good as it was?

Edit: open to suggestions for other brands. Shoes would be used for anything up to marathon distance.

Adidas Adizero Adios 3 is a shoe I would recommend. Currently waiting for the sales to come and I'll pick up another pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

New Balance 1500 is a brilliant shoe. I went from the st5 to them and found them even better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

ultrawoman wrote: »
    Hi there

Hey, I used the Mizuno Hitogami 2 up to the marathon and found them great but I heard the 3 was not quite as good. Think they are up to the 4 now.

Give them a go if you are in AK.

Loving the 1400 v5, one of the most comfortable and quietest runners I've ever worn.
    The seamless upper is wonderful, reasonable amount of cushioning and great grip and all wrapped up in a package that only weights about 215 grams.
    The only potentially gotcha is they are a little on the small side going by UK sizing, so go up half a size if you plan for longer runs.

what do you reckon the durability / total miles on these would be in terms of the cushioning (assuming the rest of the shoe holds up)?

I just bought a pair.

didn't go a size up - they are a little narrow but I reckon that they will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 only running

Picked up a pair of Kinvara 8 on ASOS for €77

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭Jude13

Jude13 wrote: »
    Got a pair of new balance fresh foam yessterday in sale. I have been asics man for years but I have gotten blisters where my arch meets the ball of my foot recently so thought Id changed.

Training for the DXB marathon

Wore these for the first time last night on a 8km tempo run, after 2km I had to head home. My left foot, specifically the first knuckle of my little toe, the one in my instep, was in agony. Ill keep them for walking the dog.

The new asics have a smaller toe box, so the guys in the store told me, is there any brand that does a wide shoes like the older asics? Thanks.

Picked up a pair of Kinvara 8 on ASOS for €77

I saw those. They were described as kinvara runlife. Looked like they had no grip on the bottom where there should be some​ rubber. Is that the case?

glasso wrote: »
    what do you reckon the durability / total miles on these would be in terms of the cushioning (assuming the rest of the shoe holds up)?

I just bought a pair.

didn't go a size up - they are a little narrow but I reckon that they will be ok.

I've have heard that they are not as durable as some makes and models, but they are aimed more towards the racing ending of the spectrum, so that is probably to be expected.
    However after 150 miles mine are not showing any additional signs of wear than what I've experienced with other shoes.

I've have heard that they are not as durable as some makes and models, but they are aimed more towards the racing ending of the spectrum, so that is probably to be expected.
    However after 150 miles mine are not showing any additional signs of wear than what I've experienced with other shoes.

as you say lower life to be expected with such tempo/racing shoes.
    just hope that cushioning doesn't go dead/flat in a short time.
    had seen with some of the earlier models that they were literally falling apart on people.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Bez Bing

Adidas Adizero Adios 3 is a shoe I would recommend. Currently waiting for the sales to come and I'll pick up another pair.

I'm looking for a pair of the Adizero Adios & Boston Boost, where would you usually pick these up on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Bez Bing wrote: »
    I'm looking for a pair of the Adizero Adios & Boston Boost, where would you usually pick these up on sale?

Decent price on wiggle - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/adidas-adizero-adios-shoes/

• Advertisement

that is a good price.

Advertisement