Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anybody with a Baby Elegance Beep?

• 10-09-2011 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, we are new to the baby business but have been looking at the Baby Elegance Beep travel system and it is really reasonable. However I cant seem to find any recent reviews for it. Has anybody been using the system for 6 months or more and can give us an honest review of it? Many thanks in advance for your help !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

We have a beep and have been using it for over 8 months. Overall we find it good. There are a couple of niggles that I have with it, but I think they are with any travel system really!

It is easy to push, is lightweight enough. Folding it is simple, with a little practice. You can get pneumatic tyres for it which make it easier to push on uneven surfaces.

The buggy part is forward and rearward facing, which is great. Even now our lo likes to chat to us and if we had her facing out we can switch it around to face us instead (can be done with her in it, though probably not recommended!!). You can actually fold the frame down with the buggy attached in the forward facing position, which many systems can't do (ie quiny or bugboo)

The height adjustable handle is good. The basket underneath is a decent enough size though I wouldn't be doing a weekly shopping with that alone!

Our lo grew too long for the pram part by the time she was nearly 5 months old. A very long baby! But she could hold her head up well so moved her into the buggy part sooner that would be ideally recommended, but she was the full length of the pram! If I was using the pram part again for another baby I would get a thicker mattress as lo spent a lot of time in it so the mattress supplied got well worn.

The base for the car seat is a bit tricky to start with - it takes a while to figure out the right angle the seat has to be at in order for it to click in correctly. My dh had an argument with the shop while I was still in hospital about it... Also, the one we have is not isofix so the seatbelt secures the base and this can be awkward with getting the seat in and out. It's either that or tying the seat in with the seatbelt each time.

If I had my time again, would I buy the same one? Yes, most likely I would buy the same system again

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭beetlebailey

Bought Beep Buggy 1month ago and so far the handle has broken, the car seat is loose when locked into the adapters ON BUGGY and the carry cot hood was missing...still waiting on replacement.

iT appears the handle breaking is a common fault due to the force required to pull the frame upright , so the lady in the shop told me anyways.The Ego model seems to have the same fault as its basically the same buggy with different wheels.

Overall would not recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

We have had a beep for just over a year and find it great. I agree about it being a bit awkward to click the carseat on to the base. Also because of the way the seatbelt has to go you have to take it out of the door on the opposite side of the car. Not a problem for me because my car is only 3 door but I could imagine it being annoying if you had a 5 door. Overall I'd recommend it though and I'm thinking at getting their new tandem buggy if it's not crazily long.

Advertisement