Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Our conversation refers"

• 10-02-2011 11:46am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I've come across this a couple of times - "our telephone conversation of yesterday refers". I don't really understand the construction of the sentence. It sounds to me like "our conversation is referring to" as if the conversation was a person.
    I would personally write "I refer to our telephone conversation (of) yesterday".

Can someone explain it to me or is it just more business-speak?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Yeah, I haven't encountered it to my recollection but it sounds like they're trying to say "Our conversation of yesterday refers (to the subject I'm about to address)".

Advertisement