Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Three Wont Refund Credit on Account.

• 14-08-2009 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

my contract with three for mobile services is up on 2nd of september(i have given 30days notice on 3rd august) and i have currently got over €18 credit on my account and three have just informed my that they will not refund any remaining amount when my contract ends!

the reason my account is in credit is because three gave me two months creditl because they stuffed up my upgrade offers in july, they told me this credit was not in lieu of an upgrade and that it would not stop me leaving three when my contract was up in september and also that it would not affect any upgrade offers made to me, except that all the upgrade offers made to me are exactly the same as the online store price ie:No Upgrade!

this was given as a gift and three are now insisting on taking it back!

so much for customer goodwill when three are involved! it seems they are reneging on what they told me but i am probably just lucky to be free of this company!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

That's three for you! Their credit policies seems very generous at first glance.

Was considering switching to them when I saw their offer of €70 free credit when you move. You get €10 per month, for 7 months, when you top up €10 every thirty days. Fair enough. Except, when you delve into the Terms and Conditions, it states the €10 free credit expires after 30 days and can not be used to purchase add-on's, text bundles or buy anything from Planet3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Kensington wrote: »
    That's three for you! Their credit policies seems very generous at first glance.

Was considering switching to them when I saw their offer of €70 free credit when you move. You get €10 per month, for 7 months, when you top up €10 every thirty days. Fair enough. Except, when you delve into the Terms and Conditions, it states the €10 free credit expires after 30 days and can not be used to purchase add-on's, text bundles or buy anything from Planet3.
    yes this is the same with Tesco's similar double your top-up offer but being on Bill-pay i thought i had more protection from their odd accounts practices.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Why would they refund something you didnt pay for? being given credit for a mix up isnt the same thing as them saying they'll give you the cash equivalent, you're leaving the network so it will cover your last months bill, pretty standard practice tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Exactly, they gave you credit because you were a customer and they wanted to keep you happy in hope that you a upgrade. You have told them that you are leaving, what do you expect, why would a business fork out money for someone that they are not going to make money from???
    krudler wrote: »
    Why would they refund something you didnt pay for? being given credit for a mix up isnt the same thing as them saying they'll give you the cash equivalent, you're leaving the network so it will cover your last months bill, pretty standard practice tbh

the payment made to my account by three was unconditional and was described as a goodwill gesture because they had a problem with my account for over a month so really i have earned the credit, also i confirmed with three at the time i recieved the credit that it was not part of my upgrade nor was it conditional on me staying with three after my current contract period expired.

it was a gift and they took it back, so much for goodwill! (they must really be feeling the pinch if they stoop to these depths)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

But you didnt pay anything for it so its no loss to you regardless, a credit to an account is a goodwill gesture to cover a mix up or go towards a next bill, its not so you can claim it back as cash, doesnt work that way, and you're leaving the network, they're hardly going to pay you to leave?

So the bert thing I can do then is to use up that credit before 2nd of september;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭di2772

3 charged me for 3 months after i left them. Each time i was on the phone telling them i had ported over and went through the same crap and eventually they said they would refund me. Only o charge me again the following month. AIB, being the prats they are wouldnt cancel the DD for me. Any other bank would.

Eventually i got it cancelled after threatening to close my bank account.

When 3 finally decided to stop charging me. They credited my 3 account, which i never had anymore, with the money they had stolen from me. There was no way they were giving me back the money. I just gave up after about 50 calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CyrildoSquirrel

i hate this company so much,i was with them from day one everything was gr8 for a while then i noticed my bill was getting more expensive and i was not using the phone anymore than usual.

but the final straw was when i ordered a data package for the internet i clicked on the link and low and behold i never recieved it.

so when the bill came in i was charged for it,so i rang 3 and i got this indian woman telling me i had recieved it and i had to pay. the woman infuriated me so much.

so i just decided not to pay and i got letters upon letters from 3,solicitors,and then the best part happened they sold it to a debt collecting agency,who thought he could come round and intimidate my o/h when i was not there.

so he rang my phone again and i told him i would be there to see him when he came. did he get a shock when he saw me(6ft 1 20 stone),so i told him to feck off,and if he came round again i would pour a kettle of hot water over the intimidating prick, never saw him again, but still got letters off 3 till i moved

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Elessar

i hate this company so much,i was with them from day one everything was gr8 for a while then i noticed my bill was getting more expensive and i was not using the phone anymore than usual.

but the final straw was when i ordered a data package for the internet i clicked on the link and low and behold i never recieved it.

so when the bill came in i was charged for it,so i rang 3 and i got this indian woman telling me i had recieved it and i had to pay. the woman infuriated me so much.

so i just decided not to pay and i got letters upon letters from 3,solicitors,and then the best part happened they sold it to a debt collecting agency,who thought he could come round and intimidate my g/f when i was not there.

so he rang my phone again and i told him i would be there to see him when he came. did he get a shock when he saw me(6ft 1 20 stone),so i told him to feck off,and if he came round again i would pour a kettle of hot water over the intimidating prick, never saw him again, but still got letters off 3 till i moved

Wait, a debt collection agency actually sent someone to your house? How much did you owe? I have never heard of this actually happening.

That could be classes as harassment and intimidation. They have no legal powers to get money off you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Kensington wrote: »

Incorrect (and I know what the site says). Yes the free credit cannot be used to purchase add on's but it can be used for planet 3 purchases. Also your free credit will get used before your top up credit so it won't really get a chance to 'go out of date'. @ Foggy annoying as it may be I would just suggest you use up the credit on your account before you leave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CyrildoSquirrel

Elessar wrote: »
    Wait, a debt collection agency actually sent someone to your house? How much did you owe? I have never heard of this actually happening.

That could be classes as harassment and intimidation. They have no legal powers to get money off you.

i did think that but when i refused to pay,they sent me the whole bill and it came to nearly a grand,so i was worried if it ended up in court i would have to pay the bill and i was not giving them a penny.

so i went with the "fight fire with fire" approach,not to dignified i realise that but it got the ****er off my back.

Advertisement