Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aldi GPS watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Feeder

Got it yesterday, had my eye on the 310xt but the price of this was too hard to resist.

Found GPS fairly quick from cold start, nice and comfortable on the arm, not too bulky. Will run a route tonight to compare accuracy with Mapmyrun and a Garmin i borrowed.

Pros so far: 3 year warranty, 16hrs battery life on GPS (tbc), customizable display, HRM, exports gpx, feels like a normal watch, night mode, rain proof, very fast GPS lock-on, price, firmware updates via GPS Master

Cons: No interval training workouts, bit early to say if there are more.

Only run part-time so its perfect for what i need anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Feeder wrote: »
    Got it yesterday, had my eye on the 310xt but the price of this was too hard to resist.

Found GPS fairly quick from cold start, nice and comfortable on the arm, not too bulky. Will run a route tonight to compare accuracy with Mapmyrun and a Garmin i borrowed.

Pros so far: 3 year warranty, 16hrs battery life on GPS (tbc), customizable display, HRM, exports gpx, feels like a normal watch, night mode, rain proof, very fast GPS lock-on, price, firmware updates via GPS Master

Cons: No interval training workouts, bit early to say if there are more.

Only run part-time so its perfect for what i need anyway

Just noticed that they have these. What's your verdict on it now, after almost 2 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭plodder

Just noticed this now. Seems an amazing price for the features. How well does the uploading of data work? I think Strava accepts gpx files. So, it should be possible at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Feeder

Used it quiet a bit for a month and it was still the same.

Lost GPS signal a couple of times but i was off the beaten track and it was a very cloudy day, not sure if that's why it lost the signal.

Been off the road for nearly a month now with an injury so haven't used it much.

I use Map My Run to upload my routes as gpx files. It gives 5 options of file types I think to export the route as. It adds in your mini courses too for anyone that uses MMR.

Advertisement