Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw -12/08 Spoilers.

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Of all the things to rip off from TNA...Claire Lynch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

****ing loved the ending. Was grinning from ear to ear, and seeing the nWo back was brilliant. Would love to see Cena resurrect the group. Maybe that's why he and Brock haven't fought yet? :pac: Loved when brock came out, and Heyman's slimey grin was brilliant.

Slater is on a winning streak!
    Jericho/Wyatt promo was good, Cena and Brock's individual stuff was good, Swagger is looking great and hope he gets a renewed push after this.

Only downside was the Steph/Brie angle, and even then, I like that the story went a logical direction, and this week they didn't push it at the end.

Really enjoyed the show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Paul Orndorff rocking the button shirt and robe combination was pure win for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,778 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is AJ heel again or just crazy?

Nice to see Steph and Brie are friendly enough to let Brie borrow Steph's shorts. Though glad to see I'm not the only who had flashbacks to TNA.

Anytime they have those tribute videos now, I always expect the song to be My Sacrifice.
    And those 5 guys who had the letters HOGAN written on their chests reminded me more of the Gumbies from Monty Python.

Didn't see Cena out with the rest of the superstars for Hogan. And why didn't any of them go to interfere with Lesnar?

Seeing Piper come out, it was like looking at Amcrose's future.

But great to see Slater on a streak. 2 Raw victories in a row. Just wish they wouldn't make it out to be a big shock though.

CastorTroy wrote: »

Didn't see Cena out with the rest of the superstars for Hogan. And why didn't any of them go to interfere with Lesnar?

Because we have been conditioned to believe the mid card is a bunch of interchangeable drones void of independent thought.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Reebrock wrote: »
    Paul Orndorff rocking the button shirt and robe combination was pure win for me.

Mark out moment for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,751 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bryan's "affair" should have been with his anger management therapist or Kane :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Lord TSC wrote: »
    ****ing loved the ending. Was grinning from ear to ear, and seeing the nWo back was brilliant. Would love to see Cena resurrect the group. Maybe that's why he and Brock haven't fought yet? :pac: Loved when brock came out, and Heyman's slimey grin was brilliant.

Slater is on a winning streak!
    Jericho/Wyatt promo was good, Cena and Brock's individual stuff was good, Swagger is looking great and hope he gets a renewed push after this.

Only downside was the Steph/Brie angle, and even then, I like that the story went a logical direction, and this week they didn't push it at the end.

Really enjoyed the show though.

If it wasn't for you I would probably have skipped the show. I will watch it now when I get a chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Reebrock wrote: »

His moustace is glorious

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Loved all the Brock segments this week. It goes without saying that Heyman could sell sand to an Arab, but Brock squaring up to the HOFers, to me, was brilliant. It was made seem like a ploy to get Cena out, make him react to something that Brock had no intention of finishing on the night. It worked perfectly against all that had gone before in the feud - Cena is so passionate about the whole company that its actually a weakness. Brock had him in his pocket. Great writing I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Deadlie wrote: »
    Loved all the Brock segments this week. It goes without saying that Heyman could sell sand to an Arab, but Brock squaring up to the HOFers, to me, was brilliant. It was made seem like a ploy to get Cena out, make him react to something that Brock had no intention of finishing on the night. It worked perfectly against all that had gone before in the feud - Cena is so passionate about the whole company that its actually a weakness. Brock had him in his pocket. Great writing I thought.

He did f all with Ryback and Cesaro!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

beakerjoe wrote: »
    He did f all with Ryback and Cesaro!

He was never invested in either of them, his bizarre pairing with Cesaro came at the worst time, just as his No1 client got the biggest win of his career. The pairing felt like it was a cheap way to keep Heyman on tv to gloat about the streak being broken, just incase you know us wrestling fans are too dumb to remember once it goes past 3 months....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,752 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Loughc wrote: »
    He was never invested in either of them, his bizarre pairing with Cesaro came at the worst time, just as his No1 client got the biggest win of his career. The pairing felt like it was a cheap way to keep Heyman on tv to gloat about the streak being broken, just incase you know us wrestling fans are too dumb to remember once it goes past 3 months....

For me, that's the bad side of Heyman though. Heyman is great when he is trying to sell his client as something amazing, less good when trying to sell himself, which is all Cesaro, Axel and Ryback seemed to be.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Did he ever cut a promo about how good Cesaro was? Every time he talked, it was about Brock. Cesaro just happened to be ringside.

Ryback was nuked by booking; consistant PPV losses meant he wasn't a threat, and he was quickly dropped for Brock when he came back. And no-one could take Axel seriously by the time they tried pushing him as such.

Where was Lesnar the beast for the end part surely someone in the ring could take a bump, then he leaves "scared of Cena" well he did already beat him :p

Lesnar usually backs down from pre match fights though, at the urging of Heyman usually screaming something along the lines of, "Not for free, Brock".

• Registered Users Posts: 60,268 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I loved Flair pulling out of the handshake a throw back to when Hogan left him hanging and Jimmy Hart stepped in to shake his hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,778 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You'd think he'd enjoy it with all the hands being thrown, as well as other body parts.

On another note about the muscular men in tights, how come Eva Marie is getting in matches these days and pinning the champ when we have more capable women available. I miss Alicia.

And Emma.

Speaking of Emma... where's Emma? I want Emma!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Nothing wrong with men in underwear havin' an aul roll around well, unless homophobia is back in fashion. Just saying like.

Why was Eve Maria outside the ring on the floor after her win against AJ :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

CastorTroy wrote: »

Speaking of Emma... where's Emma? I want Emma!

Losing to Cameron on Superstars as of last week. That answers your question on both a literal and figurative level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Ridley

Would be great if Cena did drop the colours for one night only and showed up at Summerslam dressed, well, like Ambrose, I guess.

Oh and the AA should be getting plugged as being originated by Cena to combat the F5 or something.

Advertisement