Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iPhone 5 Replacement Battery issues

• 27-03-2014 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi All,

Was hoping someone could help me on this or has experienced some similar symptoms....

My phone was experiencing truly awful battery life, two charges per day.
    So I purchased an iPhone 5 battery from a trusted UK Ebay seller with very good feedback.

I am having a couple of issues since installation:

-The phone is restarting randomly

- When it dropped to 0%, the iPhone wouldn't turn on and the Apple logo screen would come up, followed by a black screen, then the Apple screen and so on. I restored the phone from iTunes which fixed the issue but it has been restarting since.

- The battery percentage also does not increase on charging or decrease when using unless the phone is turned off and turned back on, which will then show the correct battery amount.

Also, the phone is out of warranty.

Really fustrating:mad:, any help appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Maybe give this one a try, I think you got a bad battery.

http://www.syncron.ie/iPHONE_5_A1429_INTERNAL_REPLACEMENT_BATTERY_OEM_p/306.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Waillee123

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Maybe give this one a try, I think you got a bad battery.

http://www.syncron.ie/iPHONE_5_A1429_INTERNAL_REPLACEMENT_BATTERY_OEM_p/306.htm

Cheers Jonny,

Have you had experience with these guys?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ive bought a few batteries off them, 3GS and 4S and they were perfect.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Ive bought a few batteries off them, 3GS and 4S and they were perfect.

Cheers man, appreciate it. Will give them a go! :)

I ordered a new battery from Syncron but in the mean time, the ebay seller has contacted me apolagising and have confirmed they have shipped a new battery over to me today, win-win!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

sounds like a bad battery, happens sometimes, I've had many a bad battery from reliable sellers

sounds like a bad battery, happens sometimes, I've had many a bad battery from reliable sellers

Yeah, from my extensive 'googling' I learned that.

Only issue is, I re installed my original Apple battery and the issues remain.....

Getting concerned now!! :confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

Did you damage the connector to the battery when you were swapping around. Its such a delicate component that connects the battery to the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

It's pretty difficult to damage that on the 5

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Potus

Waillee123 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Was hoping someone could help me on this or has experienced some similar symptoms....

My phone was experiencing truly awful battery life, two charges per day.
    So I purchased an iPhone 5 battery from a trusted UK Ebay seller with very good feedback.

I am having a couple of issues since installation:

-The phone is restarting randomly

- When it dropped to 0%, the iPhone wouldn't turn on and the Apple logo screen would come up, followed by a black screen, then the Apple screen and so on. I restored the phone from iTunes which fixed the issue but it has been restarting since.

- The battery percentage also does not increase on charging or decrease when using unless the phone is turned off and turned back on, which will then show the correct battery amount.

Also, the phone is out of warranty.

Really fustrating:mad:, any help appreciated.

Thanks

If you want peace of mind in getting your phone back up and running try a place called expresstech.ie on baggot street. You can just walk in for something like a battery replacement. They have an excellent service and they replaced my battery in 20 mins for €49. Phone working great since. You shud probably explain to them that you have tried to do it yourself and see what they say. Hope it helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement