Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

D4s style

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

KTRIC wrote: »
    LOL, knacker / scobe :rolleyes:. You don't even know me. I feel sorry for you, i really do.

i wasn't saying you were one lol! lol i feel sorry for myself too...i'm a closet emo haha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

aliqueenb wrote: »
    i wasn't saying you were one lol! lol i feel sorry for myself too...i'm a closet emo haha:D

misunderstanding, sorry ;)

i see you live in munich ahhhhhhh thats soo cool i love germany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

i see you live in munich ahhhhhhh thats soo cool i love germany

yeah, thank god we dont have dubes here. But we do have Turks that think they're pop stars :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

"D4s Style" is an oxymoron. They're all horrible wannabees who dress identical, nearly as bad as skangers

• Advertisement

"D4s Style" is an oxymoron. They're all horrible wannabees who dress identical, nearly as bad as skangers

Shouldn't it really be upper middle class style?Like there are some ****ty areas of d4!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

If someone were really upper middle class then you could afford some real designer labels, Dior, Ralph Lauren etc. Hollister/A&F and all those are the US equivalent of River Island, and the quality is comparable. In other words, if you really were rich, you wouldn't buy US high street clothes off eBay. You'd most likely max out your daddies credit card in Brown Thomas.

I cant understand how the D4 phenomenon went from national laughing stock when it was first exposed, to something where everybody wants to look like. I mean really? Eagle logos, "distressed" lettering, bleached hair? People have no imagination, and Hollister, A&F, AE and completely interchangeable. Someone posted some Jack Wills website, and even they had a bloody eagle logo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

One must remember, people are sheep, they always have been, they always will be. Humans by nature are sociable, and thus they will adjust to fit into a certain social circle where ever possible. Part of evolution I reckon. Not me though, I can outside the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

KTRIC wrote: »
    Wow , people like Pythia actually aspire to look like they live in a postal code, how pathetic can you get.

Where exactly did I say that?

All I said was I was not a D4 hater. I like the style. I did not say I aspire to look that way myself however. Is it a crime not to hate a look?

If someone were really upper middle class then you could afford some real designer labels, Dior, Ralph Lauren etc. Hollister/A&F and all those are the US equivalent of River Island, and the quality is comparable. In other words, if you really were rich, you wouldn't buy US high street clothes off eBay. You'd most likely max out your daddies credit card in Brown Thomas.

i'd never buy clothes off ebay tbh, i buy them off the real website. Yeah I know they are not designer clothes but they are so nicer than the clothes in ireland in the same price range! And lol I love Ralph Lauren, its my favourite really!
    I cant understand how the D4 phenomenon went from national laughing stock when it was first exposed, to something where everybody wants to look like. I mean really? Eagle logos, "distressed" lettering, bleached hair? People have no imagination, and Hollister, A&F, AE and completely interchangeable. Someone posted some Jack Wills website, and even they had a bloody eagle logo!

omg lol that was me...how embarrassing:rolleyes: and no jack wills doesn't have an eagle logo, i think its like a pheasent or something!?...and ok i admit that i really don't have a great eye for style so the american eagle website is great with its shop by outfit...again how embarrassing ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

i love it how some people feel they have the right to judge people based on what clothes they do or do not wear.every1 has their prefered style and why shouldn't they have the right to express that without some idiot talking a load of bs becuase they dont agree? get a life!

Over here in Florida you get so many different styles but you dont get idiots abusing them because of their choices......

Apart from the emo's.....they dont count ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Why do people have such a strong opinion in this topic?

Someone in an earlier post said when they see someone dressed like a D4 they think to themselves ''d*ckhead''

Why does it bother people so much about how OTHER people look and dress?

Live and f*cking let live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Someone in an earlier post said when they see someone dressed like a D4 they think to themselves ''d*ckhead''

"Sheep" I think to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I have no problems with D4s, per se. What I do have a problem with though is people who all dress the exact same and don't do things because they like them. I hate the idea of being the exact same as everyone else. *shudder*

Jay P wrote: »
    I have no problems with D4s, per se.
    go you haha!!
    Jay P wrote: »
    What I do have a problem with though is people who all dress the exact same and don't do things because they like them. I hate the idea of being the exact same as everyone else. *shudder*
    don't a lot of people hate the idea of being the exact same as everyone else?
    aren't you quite similar to these people then lol:p

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I don't care what anyone wears!! Thought this thread was just a bitta fun:rolleyes:

Gridlock wrote: »
    I don't care what anyone wears!! Thought this thread was just a bitta fun:rolleyes:

haha roysh how random mon lol:p

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

ha ha! I ain't from Foxrock!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

d4ness lol will always look better than knacker/scobe
    I'd disagree with that. Dirty fake tan and dry, straw-like hair don't exactly look "classy".
    electric69 wrote: »
    i love it how some people feel they have the right to judge people based on what clothes they do or do not wear.every1 has their prefered style and why shouldn't they have the right to express that without some idiot talking a load of bs becuase they dont agree? get a life!

Over here in Florida you get so many different styles but you dont get idiots abusing them because of their choices
    Exactly. Their own individual styles that they chose of their own accord - something that's fantastic to see. Big difference between that and someone adopting a particular look because they want to fit in with a certain demographic, and a look which they'd probably hate if it wasn't for the fact that it's so "must-have". That's not having one's own style and expressing it, as you say.
    Why do people have such a strong opinion in this topic?

Why does it bother people so much about how OTHER people look and dress?

Live and f*cking let live
    I couldn't care less if someone dresses in the "D4" style - heck, it's actually hugely entertaining seeing those girls on Nassau Street - something to laugh at (even if it is very difficult to tolerate the accents). The reason I first posted here was because I found it so pathetic that someone actually started a thread asking how to get the D4 look...

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

The school I'm in at the moment (I'll give a hint, it's in Dublin and repeating students go there) is well, full of them. I wouldn't have a problem with the dress sense (although give the dubes a rest yeah) it's usually the accompaning attitude. I saw a D4 ask a country girl where she was from, when the counrty girl repied the D4 girl then said and I quote "OMG it's such a horendious accent!" (wish I could spell)

Also hear a lot of "Oh My God your wearing the same Abercrombie top as yesterday" and "I don't do the northside" when I said I live near Coolock.

I don't like the idea of having a "look" anyway. I'm a mix of loads, could wear 3/4 shorts with Vans and a Celtic jersey.

Btw I wasn't wearing the Abercrombie top, incase your wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Well there are stupid people in every part of society. You have stumbled onto some of the stupid ones of that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Drodan wrote: »
    I saw a D4 ask a country girl where she was from, when the counrty girl repied the D4 girl then said and I quote "OMG it's such a horendious accent!" (wish I could spell)

Also hear a lot of "Oh My God your wearing the same Abercrombie top as yesterday" and "I don't do the northside" when I said I live near Coolock.
    People like that deserve to be laughed at - loudly - whenever they make such comments.
    Btw I wasn't wearing the Abercrombie top, incase your wondering.
    Are you serious? So ultimately you actually do care what the likes of them thinks? Talk about pandering to them!

dudess you seem quite looserish lol no offence just that last post like you seem like you really dont like d4s...how can you dislike a whole bunch of people like that!?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

dudess you seem quite looserish lol no offence just that last post like you seem like you really dont like d4s...how can you dislike a whole bunch of people like that!?

It's quite simple actually when the group are a bunch of stuck up daddy's girls who think money grows on trees to be able to afford a different designer hoody for every day of the week.

but sure why not like?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

but sure why not like?

:confused: What are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,891 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Closing thread.

These mindless posts are the very reason why we have "No D4 threads allowed" in the charter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement