Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Baltimore Ravens Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

EDGAR Jones
    Anthony ALLEN

We just have to go out and draft Dontari POE to complete the trifecta

Ok, I thought it was amusing :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Chris Carr has been released, just a year after signing a 4 year deal.

Makes sense for both parties as he wasn't playing much so was down the depth chart and it give us another few million to work with with regards to the salary cap.

This is superb:

Some great stories - especially the part about Dilfer's playbook going missing at the Titans in the regular season only for them to suddenly know all the plays that were coming in the play off game at the same stadium :pac:

Dilfer seems like a really decent guy by the way. Someone far more knowledgable than me on the Ravens, Mike and co, what was the story with Dilfer after that Super Bowl winning season? Why didn't he get a chance the next year etc?

Matt Birk agrees 3 year contract, subject to medical.

Webb next please!

Maybe just me but is anyone else getting pissed off that all our players are leaving? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Paully D wrote: »
    Maybe just me but is anyone else getting pissed off that all our players are leaving? :(

Terrible offseason so far, losing all these players then failing to get Mathis. I'm not annoyed Redding's gone, we can fill that gap, but I don't know who's gonna be OLB and who's gonna step up to be MLB. I think we should do a write-up on the status of the Ravens, position by position to remind us where we're sorted and where we're not. From what I can see, LB has 2 elite players and 2 holes, DL is fine and secondary is fine, OL has 1-3 holes (LG obviously, and the tackles inspire little confidence), TEs are great, RBs are great, we have 2 good WRs, need a third and QB is negotiating a contract. So, who do we want as number 3 WR? Will Konz come in and fill in for Ben Grubbs before moving back to center when Birk retires? What the hell is going on at tackle? Is Jah Reid ready? Are there any FA LBs worth taking a look at?

Ted Ginn in for a visit

Has that connection there with Cam Cameron and he was drafted in the top ten for Miami

We need a returner, Webb is too valuable to have back here getting hammered on returns, David Reed will be lucky if he even makes the roster and Zibby is gone to Pagano in Indy

Tandon Doss was returner at Indiana so maybe he'll step up

I'm not a fan of Ginn though

I'd rather we bring back Lee Evans cheap and let Tandon Doss step up more this year

Let the young players play said Bisciotti and what the owner wants the owner gets
    Bisciotti is not an interfering owner though, that's not what I'm saying

I'm supportive of the whole Ted Ginn thing. Even if he fails to contribute in the passing game, it'll be useful to have a returner who won't drop the ball and might even make a play or two.

Ravens sign 2011 Pro Bowl CB Corey Graham:

557846_10150628924601229_92774416228_9152313_1545949337_n.jpg

Ayabandejo and McClain have also resigned.

That's good news, Ravens special teams were atrocious last year

Two years ago David Reed led the entire league for yards returned
    And an argument could have been that our co-MVP's were the punter and kicker, Koch and Cundiff

Enough said about Cundiff and Koch wasn't great this year either, even with the two point conversion against the Steelers
    David Reed almost got run out of town after the Seattle game and the two fumbles, a good possibility he's going to be cut after training camp but he'll be given a fair chance
    Ravens were second last in yards allowed on special teams, just shocking

BA and this new player should help

• Advertisement

God I seem awful negative

McClain is back, hurray :)

Video about high school students hopeful of getting selected by colleges going to a training camp

No better man then Ray Lewis to get them pumped up

That short bit after 3:30, you'd nearly want to jump up from your seat and tackle someone :mad:

If you want to be something in life then present yourself that way in life
    ....Is found in my busines, that's why I train the way I train :cool:

Great motivation video

And here's a speech to high school students

ApkpxbzCIAAw14N.jpg

Very nice jersey IMO, only very subtle changes but it works well.

As for Ray Rice - When asked if he plans to attend #Ravens offseason workouts, @RayRice27 said "I look forward to being there."

6 year deal for Webb, great news :cool:

539605_10150653812696229_92774416228_9241687_607670064_n.jpg

First good news of the offseason.

How good does the M&T Bank Stadium look today:

561074_10150656093291229_92774416228_9249234_1589239694_n.jpg

Super article here on the draft history of the team, even going back to the Cleveland days

I've not copied it to boards as it's quite long

But a great read

http://www.ravens24x7.com/forum/showthread.php?89929-Trade-up-Trade-down-Stand-pat-A-first-round-Ravens-history

Credit goes to the message board poster who wrote it

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Super article here on the draft history of the team, even going back to the Cleveland days

I've not copied it to boards as it's quite long

But a great read

http://www.ravens24x7.com/forum/showthread.php?89929-Trade-up-Trade-down-Stand-pat-A-first-round-Ravens-history

Credit goes to the message board poster who wrote it

Fantastic read that Mike, thanks for posting the link.

Ozzie is a genius when it comes to draft day, there's a great chapter in the book 'Next Man Up' which describes how the Ravens operate on draft day. I know you've read the book already Mike, but for any other Ravens fans I'd definitely recommend they pick it up.

So what do we think about the new jerseys?

I like the white
    It's simple, clean and crisp :)

p12530017dt.jpg

I don't like this at all
    Seems just wrong, it's very dull and plain. Maybe in time I'll get used to it
    It's like a purple that got faded in the wash
    The Reebok purple was darker and richer
    p12530012dt.jpg

There will be a black jersey released over the next months.
    Some love the black, I never liked it at all

If you've plans to get a jersey the "Premier" version will be out in June
    The numbers are stitched on and it's just far superior to the cheapest version
    Well worth the extra cost imo

• Advertisement

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock conducted a conference call Thursday and was peppered with questions from his opinions on specific players in next week's draft to the teams that will be drafting them. Of interest to fans of the Baltimore Ravens was one question about how teams such as the New England Patriots and Ravens move around in the draft so well.
    Q: You were talking about Bill Belichick and his ability to move around the draft so adeptly. The Ravens have done that a lot, too. What do you think enables them to move around so well and how do they compare to the Patriots?

Mike Mayock: "I think Baltimore historically has been one of the best and most consistent drafting teams out there and it starts with Ozzie Newsome and his philosophy, and it extends to Eric and his staff. I think they are one of the best staffs that I've seen in this league and part of the reason is they have been together for so long. That's the first piece. I think there's a lot of talent on the personnel side led by Ozzie."

The second piece is they do as good a job as anybody in the league with being connected with their coaching staff and understanding the needs of the coaching staff.

And that's the biggest mistake to me in pro football as far as the draft is concerned is when there's a disconnect between the personnel side of the house and the coaching side of the house. When that happens, you become a bad drafting team and you become a cellar dweller. With Baltimore, Ozzie is always connected.

So I love the fact that Baltimore sets the board and they stay true to it. There is no confusion on draft day, and when they get to 29 or in the second round or the third, when they get to that point, they are looking at their board for the highest-rated player.

If they feel like they can trade out of that spot, and get better value out of 29 and get a good player at 35 or 37, they will trade out of it in a heartbeat because they trust their board. They know what they can get and how they can get it.

So Baltimore to me has one of the best buildings in the league and that's because Ozzie is so good at what he does and Eric and his staff are so good at what they do."

Welcome to Baltimore KO

Some more blocking like this and you'll fit right in to the AFC North

1a4d23b08fb111e19dc71231380fe523_7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Anyone know anything about our round 3 pick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about our round 3 pick?

He's alright, I dont think he's anywhere near as impressive a pick as Upshaw or Osemele. I suppose he gives you something you don't really have - a strong, physical downhill runner (he doesn't look it, but that's what he is). The big problem with him is he often tries too much, you'll see him gather huge momentum, only to attempt a pretty needless cutback and lose it all. Whether that's down to indecisiveness or just trying to attempt moves his body can't pull off, I don't know. I'm not his biggest fan but I guess he gives you a change of pace from Ray Rice and allows you to do something different. All imo of course, Im sure there's those who love him too.

I absolutely love your first two picks though. Cannot praise them enough. Fantastic players at sensational value, definitely the best first 2 players drafted by any team imo considering they were 2nd rounders.

Happy with Streeter, his lanky frame will be handy in the endzone.

Terrell Suggs out due to needing surgury for torn achilles

Estimated to take a year to recover

Our DPOTY gone :(

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Terrell Suggs out due to needing surgury for torn achilles

Estimated to take a year to recover

Our DPOTY gone :(

Where are you seeing this?

It's everywhere, all over Twitter

Adam Schefter from ESPN and Jason LaConfora from NFL Network confirmed it

And now it's a headline on nfl.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Saw this just there too. Playing basketball apparently. Huge loss.

• Advertisement

Good god no

Advertisement