Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Friday Night Lights

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

deisedude wrote: »
    Hardly watching it a week and i'm already a few episodes into season 2. So good!

Season 2 is probably the worst of the lot IMO, but stick with it even if it does seem to be dragging on as it picks up massively.

Definitely my favourite TV show of all time :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Paully D wrote: »
    Season 2 is probably the worst of the lot IMO, but stick with it even if it does seem to be dragging on as it picks up massively.

Definitely my favourite TV show of all time :cool:

Very true.

Into the start of season 5 now.
    I'd love to punch either of the McCoys!
    :pac:

I actually love Julie Taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Torlac

i love her mom !!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

but she broke up with Matt for the Swede :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Kyle Chandler is a great actor. Loved Early Edition when I was growing up, he was great in Super 8 even thoguht I wasnt a big fan of the film.

Paully D is that sidereel link you have still active?

If you want to watch it for free then there's every episode available online here:

http://www.sidereel.com/Friday_Night_Lights

Hosted on Megavideo, Video BB, etc.
    Kyle Chandler is a great actor. Loved Early Edition when I was growing up, he was great in Super 8 even thoguht I wasnt a big fan of the film.

Yes mate, all still working AFAIK. I've quoted the post with the link in it above for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Girlfriend got me the book last night as part of my xmas present. Can't wait to read it now, going on the reviews ive read online and here. Hopefully I can do the natural progression and go from book to movie to TV series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Early Edition was amazing, thanks for reminding me of it! Gonna look for the box set if available for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

The scene at the end of last episode where she and Matt are in the apartment. She looks absolutely stunning

• Advertisement

The scene at the end of last episode where she and Matt are in the apartment. She looks absolutely stunning

I was
    over the moon that they got back together. That was the main thing I wanted to happen. I hope that any upcoming film will still have them that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Early Edition was amazing, thanks for reminding me of it! Gonna look for the box set if available for Christmas!

Fooking awesome show loved it.

haha well there you go Kyle Chandler back in fashion!

Midway through season 3 and while i love the show certain parts of it annoy me. Particularly inbetween seasons where certain characters are forgotten about because there has been a few months between where one season ends and another begins.
    What happened to Smash's girlfriend from season 1 or Lyla's christian boyfriend from season 2.
    They developed storylines around these characters and then just abandoned it in between the seasons which i found frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

2 days

18th episode :o very very easy to roll through the episodes when ya want to

I love holidays.. :pac: :cool:

currently waiting for Eason's to post me the book as well - was supposed to arrive on the 27th but the post isn't running because of the holidays so hoping I'll have it tomorrow when the post is back to normal...

can't wait because I loved the film, loving the series and can't wait to get into the book now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Smurf1971

Just a head up for anyone that didnt know. Sky Atlantic are showing the first 2 seasons of the show, starting from mid to late Feb. Was announced on their website and facebook page.

Brilliant series.

Smurf1971 wrote: »
    Just a head up for anyone that didnt know. Sky Atlantic are showing the first 2 seasons of the show, starting from mid to late Feb. Was announced on their website and facebook page.

Brilliant series.

Great news don't have to worry about low quality streams!

Finished watching the series there last week, brilliant stuff although its depressing to think its all finished.

Did Julie Taylor start to annoy anyone towards the end?

Best character was definitely Riggins but its a pity for that actor that he'll always just be remembered as that character. But he was brilliant throughout. As was Billy.

Like mentioned here before, would be brilliant if they had another series where coach went on to college and brought a few of the players with him but doubt that's ever likely to happen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Guys. can you use spoiler tags where appropriate some of us are still watching the series,

Thanks.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Guys. can you use spoiler tags where appropriate some of us are still watching the series,

Thanks.

Apologies, removed the only spoiler I had cos I'm posting from phone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

No worries :)

Finished watching the series there last week, brilliant stuff although its depressing to think its all finished.

Best character was definitely Riggins but its a pity for that actor that he'll always just be remembered as that character. But he was brilliant throughout. As was Billy.

Like mentioned here before, would be brilliant if they had another series where coach went on to college and brought a few of the players with him but doubt that's ever likely to happen.

Ya, she was very whiny towards the end.

Regarding Taylor Kitsch (Tim), he has a lead role in upcoming film John Carter so i dont think he will be remembered just as Tim

Don't ever talk about my girlfriend like that again :pac:

Don't ever talk about my girlfriend like that again :pac:

Sorry Seven. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Bought the book today in town. Was shocked but delighted to see they had it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Any shows I can watch now I'm finished with this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Saw this trailer today and it really reminded me of FNL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭walt colman

Don't know what the story is with Netflick in Ireland, but Netflick over here (USA) has the whole series. Great stuff if you have never seen it, or indeed if you have no interest in American Football it is still great (I would imagine)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

First episode just started on Sky Atlantic now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Don't know what the story is with Netflick in Ireland, but Netflick over here (USA) has the whole series. Great stuff if you have never seen it, or indeed if you have no interest in American Football it is still great (I would imagine)

If Sky atlantic have it you can kiss goodbye to it being on Netflix or any FTA for the forseeable future I'd say....

Advertisement