Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Friday Night Lights

Options
  • 03-11-2011 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if it's worth watching? I'm thinking about giving it a go as I've never watched it before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Great show

Runs for five seasons so that will keep you going for a while

Highly recommended

The pilot is not great but it gets better and better as it goes on

Remember Paully D, if you find yourself in a tough situation then WWRD
    What would Riggins do? :cool:

I'm assuming you're posting about the TV series
    The book came first, then the film and then the TV series.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I've no idea what the series is like but the film is pretty good. Boobie Miles is a great character in it. It also features a young Amber Heard in it. She's unreal looking. Can't remember much apart from that.

As for the book I haven't read it but I've constantly heard it being mentioned as one of the greatest sports books of all time. SI ranked it 4th in their list of the best of all time. I'll pick it up some time down the line. I've way too many books to read before then though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

watched the movie last week - really enjoyed it.. :)

I've being meaning to get round to the series for the last while but hopefully I'll get the chance in the next week or two to get started on it....

I've heard nothing but good things about it so it hopefully will be worth the watch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I've only just started watching the show and I thouroughly recommend it. I'm flying through the episodes atm.

Riggins is a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 BobbyGolfPro

The show is awesome. Got completely addicted to it. Great characters and storylines....The Tim Riggins character is one of the best in TV. Pity it's finished after 5 gr8 series
    mikemac wrote: »
    Great show

Remember Paully D, if you find yourself in a tough situation then WWRD
    What would Riggins do? :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Coach Taylor, Smash, Riggins.....

What a show, one of my fav TV Series of All Time. I have recommended this to multiple people down the years and not one of them have stopped watching or disliked it.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Is this available to buy??

Ah I'm sure it is.

HMV and the like would probably be selling a few seasons of it.

Online there are loads of deals.

Example:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Friday-night-Lights-seasons-1-2-3-4-5-/260836268250?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item3cbb0d98da

€70 for all 5 Seasons is excellent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If you want to watch it for free then there's every episode available online here:

http://www.sidereel.com/Friday_Night_Lights

Hosted on Megavideo, Video BB, etc.

Just on DVD's, I haven't checked the above link but it was never released on Region Two.
    It's only available on Region One which is not such an issue anymore with multi-region players but not everyone has these

I didn't anyway

If that's you too, watch online

• Advertisement

And look out for Nnamdi Asomugha in his cameo role

He does a fine job too, the man has a future in acting imo

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Awesome, awesome series. Just watched the last ever episode a couple of weeks ago and, as disappointed as I was to see it end, they did a great job. Addictive stuff with some fantastic looking ladies.

Mrs Coach = MILF

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Awesome, awesome series. Just watched the last ever episode a couple of weeks ago and, as disappointed as I was to see it end, they did a great job. Addictive stuff with some fantastic looking ladies.

Mrs Coach = MILF

Was the last season not a load of crap? Watched them all apart from it (first 3 or 4 episode watched, thought they were awful).

Other than that its a great show. Its like a manly dawsons creek :)

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Raoul wrote: »
    Was the last season not a load of crap? Watched them all apart from it (first 3 or 4 episode watched, thought they were awful).

Other than that its a great show. Its like a manly dawsons creek :)

The last season was great imo. Only beaten by the 1st.

Well I'm a few episodes in and I have to say I love the QB who gets his chance at the start, Matt something I can't think of his surname at the minute, I hate Voodoo the new QB and the long haired lad (Tim) is a bit of a twat as well. It will take me a few more episodes to learn their proper names, etc.

Good call on the women, there's some serious MILF's in it, and Lyla's class ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Paully D wrote: »
    Well I'm a few episodes in and I have to say I love the QB who gets his chance at the start, Matt something I can't think of his surname at the minute, I hate Voodoo the new QB and the long haired lad (Tim) is a bit of a twat as well. It will take me a few more episodes to learn their proper names, etc.

Good call on the women, there's some serious MILF's in it, and Lyla's class ;)

:eek:

I don't think this show is for you mate!

Riggins is a whiner anyway

"Where's the me time Billy? What about my me time" :rolleyes:

Loved the show, never liked him at all

Crack on Paully D, you have five series to get through

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭D.R Adams

I have never watched the series (always gave me that Dawsons Creek feeling when i saw bits of it) but i have read the book and it is a great read. Easons were stocking it recently and its well worth shelling out for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I absolutely loved the film, strangely enough i have never actually seen the show. Couldnt tell ya why though!

Paully D wrote: »
    the long haired lad (Tim) is a bit of a twat as well.

Banned

• Advertisement

Not a ban unless there's a pic ;)

Saying something bad about Timothy Riggins = Ban.

I'ma add that to the charter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Frisbee wrote: »
    Saying something bad about Timothy Riggins = Ban.

I'ma add that to the charter...

Now this is the best modding decision ever. All Hail Tim Riggins.

tim-riggins.jpg

Anyone else hear about this, what you think?

http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/tca-peter-berg-confirms-friday-night-lights-movie-in-the-works-2012-start-eyed/

Half of me is like "leave it how it ended"
    (which was deadly)

The other Half is like *fap fap fap*.

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Anyone else hear about this, what you think?

http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/tca-peter-berg-confirms-friday-night-lights-movie-in-the-works-2012-start-eyed/

Half of me is like "leave it how it ended"
    (which was deadly)

The other Half is like *fap fap fap*.

Yeah I liked how it ended but dont see how they could make a movie out of it. Me thinks as awesome as the movie might be it might ruin the awesome ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭cosatron

watched the film and read the book and i couldn't recommend them highly enough and the soundtrack is awesome. i don't watch the series incase it ruins it for me. read the book first and then the film would be the best way to do it. go panthers....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Gonna bite the bullet and start watching this tonight. Hopefully it's as good as the film.

Gonna bite the bullet and start watching this tonight. Hopefully it's as good as the film.

I've only been watching it a couple of nights and I'm halfway through the first series already! It's very good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A movie would be awesome. Have Coach Taylor take over some crappy little uni then bring in Riggins, Smash, Vince and even Landry to kick and just tear it up.

Sure might as well go the whole hog and have Jason Street and his wheelchair in some sort of crazy wide receiver role :D

Get it made!

• Advertisement

Don't compare it to the Book and Movie as they are completely different. Book/Movie were loosely based on real life and the TV show is all made up just for TV. So many have compared it to the Book/Movie and disliked it due to it. The different or made up school name and totally different characters turn them off it.

Advertisement